Rue 21-Tarea

3.9

on 9/6/2014 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This perfume is very light and airy. It has a light, sweet smell, which I don't think will be very long lasting but it is so nice. It isn't sickeningly cotton candy sweet, but just breezy sweet. I can smell the alcohol strongly when sprayed, but this wears off quickly. I don't know why people are saying this is a more mature scent for older people, I'm in my thirties and I would say any age would like this. I picture "mature" scents to be heavy florals, heady and strong. This is none of those things. This smells like something a young girl through adult could wear to me.

on 10/10/2012 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Recently purchase 3 scents from Rue 21 and this one is turning out to be my favorite. It is a more "mature" scent (as the sales GIRL reminded me, lol lol ;-) It seems to me to be more of an evening scent. I am not good with perfume "top notes" or any "notes" relating to perfume or colognes, I just like what I like. It does seem to have what other reviewers referred to as a "spice" scent to it. Very light and floral but not that "cotton candy fruity" smell that all Rue 21 scents seem to have. As with all Rue 21 fragrances I have come across however, this one, like all the rest, does not have a "linger life" of more than 90 minutes at the VERY most. Again, it was only $10, so don't expect to have it all for that $10 ;-)....oh, but like ALL Rue21 fragrances, the bottle is adorable!

on 3/2/2011 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the review for the new Tarea scent that just came out in 2011. This is a great spring scent, it is yummy and refreshing. Very girly and light, it's a very fun sweet scent. Smells just like bubble gum and flowers to me. I know it has sugar crystal scent in it so that is probably where I get the bubble gum smell from. I would highly suggest this to everyone who like fun and flirty scents. The lasting power is very very lacking though, I can barely smell it when I put it on even heavily. And it wears off so fast.

on 1/31/2011 9:58:00 PM

I had a really hard time picking this out, because when I smelled this on the perfume sample slip at the Rue21 etc! store in the mall, it smelled really strong and spicy, not unpleasant, but not something I would want to smell like. Anyway, there was another I really liked (probably more) but my sister urged me to buy this one, and the sales-lady showed me the flier for the new scent and I found out that this one had been cancelled, and this was one of the last ones in-store. I bought it and I'm glad! :) ok, it was only ten bucks, so it's not exactly going to smell like a $60 perfume, but it's really nice! When I first spritzed it, it smelled citrusy and fresh and a little bit soapy (in a good way) but once it adjusted more, I think it smelled more like strawberries, really soft and sweet. I love the scent, though! The only really big complaint I have about this product, the reason I gave this a 3 instead of a 4 or 5, is because it wears off extremely quickly!!! I put it on this morning, and was at school for about 6 1/2 hours. About halway through, there wasn't even a hint of the perfume! I wish there was a travel size, but sadly, there is not. :( the packaging itself is sooo cute!!! I love the spherical cap and the color and the little black bow!!! It's so girly!

on 10/28/2009 10:21:00 PM

I smelled this in the store and HATED it. But then I got it for Christmans and I found out that I really like it.

on 10/4/2009 11:21:00 AM

This scent is so....weird. I haven't smelled anythin like it and I actually like it! It's so unique...it's like walking through a Japanese garden filled with herbs and butterflys before the sunset...definitely a fall scent. For being pretty cheap, good scent, I reccomend.

on 9/22/2009 9:02:00 AM

For just $10, this was a much better fragrance than I expected. Not at all what I thought would come from a store like Rue 21!! Very classic, and similar to Miss Dior Cherie. Notes are tangerine, strawberry, and caramelized popcorn...delicious!! Nice warm scent for fall, and lasts fairly long for the price! Would definitely repurchase!

Popular Fragrances