Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte

3.6

on 4/27/2015 10:43:00 PM

Great applicator, however rest is rubbish - colours are not very pigmented (I bought 210), does not last, and very very drying on the lips. I will not repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This tastes so awful! I thought maybe I had received a rancid one when I first tried it. I exchanged it at Nordstrom and sure enough, still awful. This sounds so dramatic but I felt like I was tasting chemical poison or something... that's how bad it tastes. I've never experienced this with a lip gloss before, ever, from any line. And it actually leaves this semi-stinging sensation too whenever I accidentally lick my lips. It smells so sickly sweet and unpleasant as well.

I have this is 19 Rose Orfèvre, and the color is a beautiful light warm baby pink with pretty, soft shimmer. The texture was smooth, thin, and non-sticky, and I like the cute lip shaped applicator. I thought it would be sort of gimmicky, but it does help apply evenly due to the tapered tip and flexible shape. I wish this had worked for me but I absolutely loathe this gloss. I'm giving it two lippies for the color, texture, and applicator since I do think it deserves some mention. However, I'm thrilled to be returning this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have bought two of these in the shade 19 and 20. The colours I like, the packaging I like, but the taste is uninviting. I really don´t like the smell or the taste and this is why I have given them away. The best ones are Chanel glossimer´s since they are fragrance and taste free.

I love, love, love these glosses! I have 2 of them (2 Or Saharienne & 30 Corail lingot) and they are amazing! I hate sticky glosses and these are light, soft and extremely shiny. No stickiness! They feel luxurious, smell divine and look absolutely gorgeous!

on 10/6/2014 12:52:00 PM

I am really disappointed by the lack of quality of this expensive lipgloss. I have it in 202 , a light pink with little pigmentation. It smells and tastes very unpleasant, and I don't normally have problems with the smell or taste of lips products. It lasts on the lips for maximum one hour, without drinking or eating (and I think I am very generous saying one hour). What I find unacceptable for a lipgloss, especially given the price, is the fact is it leaves the lips dry! I can't remember experiencing this with other lipglosses. And on the top of that I suspect that it causes an irritation on my lips, small red blisters. I have the same experience with Ysl rouge volupte, it might be an ingredient that doesn't agree with me.

on 2/28/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this in 01 (gold with gold shimmer) to wear either alone or layered over a sheer bronze lip when I do a smokey eye.

As much as I love YSL, this lip gloss is sooooo disgusting. I really should have heeded the warning of another reviewer who said that the fragrance is *really strong*!!

It smells like plum, but very very strong. And the fragrance doesn't fade even after 10 minutes. To me, it is not a sophisticated scent (not like Guerlain's lovely violet fragrance on their cosmetics). It's just tacky and nauseating and I hate smelling it right under my nose. On top of that, I'd be embarrassed to have anyone else smell it on me -- and it's so strong that other people would probably be able to smell it too!!

It's a shame, because color-wise, this gold lipgloss is perfect. Nobody does gold, in my opinion, as well as YSL does gold makeup. Still... this was so incredibly nauseating that I am going to have to return this.

Ew!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, LOVE?!?! I have this in #8 that looks like a dark purple in the tube, but on my light pink pigmented lips it's an awesome sheer berry color. I wish it'd last a bit longer, but it fades out without leaving any weird lines or color blotches and it's easy to apply without a mirror. I can't wait to buy more colors.

on 11/19/2011 3:52:00 AM

I have this product in my bag everyday and keep it at my work desk to apply whenever I'm bored or just want to reapply because it's so great and feels so amazing!

Beautiful little golden lip gloss in a lipstick form by YSL. Goes on super smoothly with a shiny finish and no glitter. It makes your lips look juicy but not overdone. It's extremely moisturizing and the colors are pigmented.

I wish they made more colors but for now I'll just be satisfied with the ones they have.... best lip balm/gloss/stick ever, it's like a 3 in 1! And it has a light scent, reminds me of rosewater.... very subtle but so pleasant!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the semi-sheer texture and colour (mine is frosted plum or smthing like that).
Looks like you just ate some sweet cherries ;) and the smell is amazing.

on 10/7/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love of lip balm and gloss sticks, since I loathe goopy, sticky, wet looking glosses. This gloss stick is particularly nice, though with a few drawbacks.

The Packaging: Beautiful. Sleek and elegant, and sturdy. The cap snaps on and off and twists up smoothly.

The Product: I have this in Iced Lychee, a nice nude peach color. It has a sweet mango scent, though no taste, and a pleasing gloss that makes my lips look plump. However, this product is slightly drying and the gloss only lasts for 2 hours or less before you have to reapply.

The Price: For $30, I expected some nice moisturizing or at least a longer wearing product. Next.

Recommended for Medium Skin