Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have bought two of these in the shade 19 and 20. The colours I like, the packaging I like, but the taste is uninviting. I really donīt like the smell or the taste and this is why I have given them away. The best ones are Chanel glossimerīs since they are fragrance and taste free.

I love, love, love these glosses! I have 2 of them (2 Or Saharienne & 30 Corail lingot) and they are amazing! I hate sticky glosses and these are light, soft and extremely shiny. No stickiness! They feel luxurious, smell divine and look absolutely gorgeous!

on 10/6/2014 12:52:00 PM

I am really disappointed by the lack of quality of this expensive lipgloss. I have it in 202 , a light pink with little pigmentation. It smells and tastes very unpleasant, and I don't normally have problems with the smell or taste of lips products. It lasts on the lips for maximum one hour, without drinking or eating (and I think I am very generous saying one hour). What I find unacceptable for a lipgloss, especially given the price, is the fact is it leaves the lips dry! I can't remember experiencing this with other lipglosses. And on the top of that I suspect that it causes an irritation on my lips, small red blisters. I have the same experience with Ysl rouge volupte, it might be an ingredient that doesn't agree with me.

on 2/28/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this in 01 (gold with gold shimmer) to wear either alone or layered over a sheer bronze lip when I do a smokey eye.

As much as I love YSL, this lip gloss is sooooo disgusting. I really should have heeded the warning of another reviewer who said that the fragrance is *really strong*!!

It smells like plum, but very very strong. And the fragrance doesn't fade even after 10 minutes. To me, it is not a sophisticated scent (not like Guerlain's lovely violet fragrance on their cosmetics). It's just tacky and nauseating and I hate smelling it right under my nose. On top of that, I'd be embarrassed to have anyone else smell it on me -- and it's so strong that other people would probably be able to smell it too!!

It's a shame, because color-wise, this gold lipgloss is perfect. Nobody does gold, in my opinion, as well as YSL does gold makeup. Still... this was so incredibly nauseating that I am going to have to return this.

Ew!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, LOVE?!?! I have this in #8 that looks like a dark purple in the tube, but on my light pink pigmented lips it's an awesome sheer berry color. I wish it'd last a bit longer, but it fades out without leaving any weird lines or color blotches and it's easy to apply without a mirror. I can't wait to buy more colors.

on 11/19/2011 3:52:00 AM

I have this product in my bag everyday and keep it at my work desk to apply whenever I'm bored or just want to reapply because it's so great and feels so amazing!

Beautiful little golden lip gloss in a lipstick form by YSL. Goes on super smoothly with a shiny finish and no glitter. It makes your lips look juicy but not overdone. It's extremely moisturizing and the colors are pigmented.

I wish they made more colors but for now I'll just be satisfied with the ones they have.... best lip balm/gloss/stick ever, it's like a 3 in 1! And it has a light scent, reminds me of rosewater.... very subtle but so pleasant!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the semi-sheer texture and colour (mine is frosted plum or smthing like that).
Looks like you just ate some sweet cherries ;) and the smell is amazing.

on 10/7/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love of lip balm and gloss sticks, since I loathe goopy, sticky, wet looking glosses. This gloss stick is particularly nice, though with a few drawbacks.

The Packaging: Beautiful. Sleek and elegant, and sturdy. The cap snaps on and off and twists up smoothly.

The Product: I have this in Iced Lychee, a nice nude peach color. It has a sweet mango scent, though no taste, and a pleasing gloss that makes my lips look plump. However, this product is slightly drying and the gloss only lasts for 2 hours or less before you have to reapply.

The Price: For $30, I expected some nice moisturizing or at least a longer wearing product. Next.

on 3/21/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The availability of this gloss is dwindling away... I wanted plum, which isn't available locally, so I had to buy it online for $31 (Frosted Plum). Contains pomegranate extract & has a fruity mango scent.

I love the glossiness of this stick & I love the slender, elegant packaging. The color leaves a lot to be desired though -- plum is the darkest color I could get & there's hardly any color payoff. On my pale lips it comes out a faint fresh pink. Oh well. So much for my perfect plum gloss search. This is still pretty on the lips however. It's so sheer it can easily be applied blind. Feels very light & moist on the lips. I find it to be comfortable like a moist lipbalm.

Would I buy this again? It's too expensive for a no-makeup look. I'll enjoy it now for Spring, but I'm unlikely to look for this item to repurchase again. (I got it on eBay.)

A bit more color payoff would have given this product a perfect rating. That's all that was missing.

on 3/4/2011 9:38:00 AM

Frozen Cherry No. 3. A lipstick acting like a gloss - fabulous! Don't expect a big loud punchy lip, but do expect a natural glossy pouty one :0) Lovely texture, lovely smell and lovely colours. Plus SPF. Very happy to have discovered these - will definately be adding more to my collection.

Recommended for Medium Skin