November 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Merle Norman - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An excellent, unique, lightweight primer. This review is for the one without spf- the spf primer is thicker and more silicony for those who prefer that style. I usually don't use primers, as they usually break me out or feel thick. This primer is more like a light lotion that spreads easily and dries quickly. It hasn't bothered my very sensitive, acne-prone skin yet, which is a big deal. Like many primers, it does seem more compatible with some foundations than others. I find it didn't help with the already long-wearing MN lasting foundation, but did a great job with my other fave Lorac Natural Performance. Natural Performance lasts well, but tends to fade evenly at the end of a very long day. With the primer, it looks freshly applied from 6am to 11pm. It comes in a convenient squeeze tube and a little goes a long way. Although Merle Norman may seem for older ladies, many of their products are phenomenal and have better performance and ingredients than many high end brands. Another big plus- they have a strict no animal testing policy which isn't advertised much for some reason. Great primer! Will update if I develop sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by 76bonz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this foundation primer as a sample so it was a small tube. I decided to try it as an eyeshadow primer and it is awesome! I don't wear foundation so I don't use it on the rest of my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Suzie209

It's slightly expensive, but a little does go a long way! I use a pea sized drop for each cheek and another pea sized drop for the center of my face (forehead, nose and chin). I use this much because I have very large pores and uneven skin. This primer smoothed everything out. It made such a difference that my mother in law and sister in law (who NEVER complement me) couldn't stop saying how smooth and even my face looked. My mother in law even wanted to buy herself some! This works better then any primer I've used before!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a MN fan, but I've been reading about this primer for the longest time, and finally decided to try it.
It is very expensive (for a primer), I think I paid almost $50 with taxes.
My skin used to be oily, but I guess it's changed now that I turned 40, and it leans more towards combination.
What I like most about this primer is that it feels like a lotion. I don't have to use any moisturizer underneath, because even if my face feels tight after washing in the morning, applying this primer gets rid of the tight, dry feeling, and my face feels smooth and satiny.
Foundation goes very well over it, and is easy to blend. This primer also helps foundation stay on until I wash it off in the evening.
The only thing I don't really like is that I still get a bit oily throughout the day, so I have to blot once. But I haven't yet found a primer to prevent the oilies completely.
It also doesn't do much for blurring pores and imperfections, which is why this is my primer of choice throughout the week, when I don't need my face to look absolutely flawless. I have another primer (Tarte 12 hr Perfecting) that does just that, so I use that one when I go out.
But back to MN's primer, is the best I could find especially for winter weather. It has a bit of fragrance, but it's not irritating and it doesn't linger too long.
The tube will last me a looong time, because only a pea size dollop is needed to cover my whole face.
It also doesn't break me out.
Thumbs up for this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by snjlowe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on like silk and makes my make-up look better. When I first bought it I thought I probably would never buy again because of the price. (didn't ask the price when buying with other items.) Now, I cannot live without it. Doesn't bother my very sensitive skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kristin12b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best primer I've ever used! Love the way it feels and leaves makeup in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bonbon1281

I know I really shouldn't giv3 a review on a sample that I received as a FGWP but I already fell in love with this product. I've never used a foundation primer prier to this but I'm glad I've found it! My new HG! A new MUST in my bag. I have oily/combination skin that leans toward the oily side especially around the forehead, nose, and chin area. (Touch-ups at least once a day around noon or twice if I"m going anywhere after work). The first day with this I noticed this beautiful scent and soft "lotion y" feel that soaks in almost immediately. I apply my luxia lasting foundation over and I'm set for the day. My first day with this primer, I went for my typical mid-day touch-up and I was shocked to see myself in the mirror that my make-up did NOT need touch-up! (just my lipstick) That bought me right there. Once this sample is near low, I know I will definitely be re-purchasing this in full size. A little goes a loooong way too! Also, I've not experienced any breakout or shown any sensitivity towards this product. Just beautiful results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sam1022

love this product!! keeps my makeup in place all day .. i have oily skin .. this reduces the 'oily look' .. keeps me fresh looking all day .. i combine it with the luxiva foundation and it gives me a radiant finish ...
not sure if i can use it on the undereye area? or do i have to purchase another product?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Keeps makeup in place. I didn't experience any breakouts from this product. The major downfall is the strong fragrance smell. I had to return it. The smell was too strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by friecs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a Merle Norman convert - totally, wish I had given the line a try years ago; I considered myself to be a Lancome snob, but one day decided I didn't want to go to the mall so I stopped in at a Merle Norman store. Boy, the best decision I ever made - love the skincare (I've always had sensitive dry skin, couldn't wear ANY foundation as it looked horrible), now I wear everything, my skin is beautiful. The primer is awesome and makes your makeup stay on longer, look better, it's amazing - much cheaper than the ones I had tried until they came out with one!