August 27, 2014 | 2016 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - No7 Protect and Perfect Day Cream SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Emwins

I've just bought my second jar of the intense day cream. I have really dry skin around my nose in the winter, and an English friend with similar skin issues bought me a jar. I've been using it every day for a year and a half and I love it! I never get dry patches anymore. And, I must say, I always have breakout prone skin, but this stuff never once broke me out. I've even had breakouts from clinique moisturizers,but never this one.
I wish it came in a cleaner container, and I don't know much about the ingredients, but people tell me regularly they thought I was ten years younger than my real age. That's good enough for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

sadly the cream broke me out. it feels very nice going on but becomes very oily throughout the day. I think it's all the oiliness that broke me out. I started to get small whiteheads all over my forehead. it has a nice scent and the consistency seems to be lightweight but somehow forms a layer on the skin once on the face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never had my skin so irrirtated. I have big and intense dry patches on my cheeks. It is unbelievable. Nerver again boots!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by jademichelle9

I hate this day cream so much. For ages I wanted to try it and when I did, it ruined my skin. I do not have sensitive skin but this cream left my face feeling raw, as well as causing the skin to go red and splotchy. I took it back to boots and got a refund. It took me a while to get rid of the red blotches and I am never touching a No. 7 product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Likes –
- Moisturizes throughout the day: even when I don’t stay hydrated with water, my face still feels moisturized
- Nice light jasmine scent
- Absorbs quickly

Price (3.5):
I got this on clearance at Target for $15 (compared to $20). They were getting rid of all the stock because Boots was re-vamping the product packaging for all their skincare lines.

Product Packaging:
This product came in a glass jar with a plastic screw on lid. A lot of people don’t like products in jars because each time you use it, you are exposing the product to bacteria and contaminating it by sticking your finger directly into the product. I haven’t done enough research to fully understand how much bacteria is actually getting in there and to determine if it is enough to affect my skin negatively. In general, there’s the option of using a mini spatula to scoop product out and keep it clean, but then you have to make sure you wash/clean that spatula after every use. At this point, for me, that’s too much work. It is already too much work for me to unscrew the lid and screw it back on each morning. A bit of a hassle when you are always running late to work! On the plus side of products in a jar is that I can actually scrape out every last bit of product I spent money on. I feel a little ripped off when I can’t get into a pump container to use every last drop of product.

Texture & absorption:
If there was a bar to show how light or how heavy this product feels on my face, I would rate this right in the middle. A bit like slightly melted whipped frosting on a cupcake, still stiff enough to maintain a shape after you dip your finger into it, but melts right onto your skin. It spreads easily, and absorbs relatively quickly after massaging it into your face a bit – apply a quarter-inch size drop (just stuck my fingertip into jar) on each cheek, one on forehead, spread, & massaging once is enough for me.

Moisturizing:
Overall, a decent regular daily moisturizer, if you are not expecting any additional benefits (brightening, anti-aging, decrease wrinkles, etc). I just switched over to test the very popular Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 15 Moisturizer (~$15) and I can already tell you my face felt dry after 45 minutes. At least the Boots Day Cream moisturized all day (even when I forget to stay hydrated with water)! I probably will keep testing other options, since I’m not a fan of the container & there’s no additional benefits (unless it went on clearance for under $10!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a long time when it first came out. I beleived all the no7 protect and perfect hype. Now I've done some reseach myself I know better.I'm no expert but there's so much wrong with this. It's perfumed, it contains alcohol denat(skin's enemy) and it's packed in a jar so any beneficial ingredients will not remain stable during use.Just today I was reading on the internet an article by a cosmetic dermatologist saying that most allergic reactions in skincare is caused by perfumes in the product and I beleive him.This is highly perfumed, the smell lingers all day. I could go on but I won't be buying this or any fragranced moisturiser ever again. Fragrance free is the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Starina27

I normally use L'Oreal products (used to use Lancome) but found out they both do animal testing so I decided to find another skin care line (which is difficult because I have oily skin that breaks out easily-yeah, never fun especially when I'd found products that worked for me in both these companies).
I went into target to purchase the simple skincare line to try because I had heard wonderful things about it, but Boots had a representative there and she talked me into trying this product. My normal skin care regimen is bar soap (used to be Dove but now I use Black African Soap and love it), toner, day cream with SPF and a night cream. So I bought this product as my day cream.

It's very greasy, no, really, my skin looked like someone had thrown grease on it. It was disgusting. I used it for a week and didn't notice any improvement in skin quality. The package says results in two weeks, but I really couldn't continue to use it because it broke my face out so much. Also it comes in a jar instead of a pump so you contaminate the product the minute you start using it. :-(

Also, when I got home in the evening and washed my face with a cloth and used the toner a brown layer would come off on the cotton ball...I've never experienced that with any other product. It happened in the morning after using the night cream as well... 8-/

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like that it's not in a pump dispenser, but it doesn't bother me too much as I just make sure to wash my hands with a antibacterial soap. It's a great base for make up, and is hydrating. However, it's no miracle worker for the price. Luckily I got it as a gift. I doubt, I'd splurge on it though. I appreciate that it doesn't break me out though, thus gave it a 4. The night version seems to though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the No.7 P&P Intense day cream twice daily (am & pm) with the P&P Intense eye cream & the P&P Intense serum once daily (am only) for about 5 months, having bought the trio on a 3 for 2 offer. I bought it as a budget (ha ha) replacement for my much loved Dior at 42. This No7 jar is almost half the price so was a good deal, as a comparison.

I like the day cream itself. It's light enough for my fussy, spot prone skin and only a very small amount is needed, so the pot lasts a long time. The packaging is smart and I've had no problem getting the last dregs out of the jar. My skin feels soft and moisturised all day without feeling greasy. Overall, I do feel it is a good replacement for my previous moisturiser.

I didn't bother with the night cream because I find night creams are too rich and greasy and cause me to break out. For me and my skin, a light touch with the day cream is perfect for both morning and evening use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

got a sample of this and although it feels nice to apply it's fragrance is too strong for me. doesn't seem anything special for the high price
Texture is lighter than the P&P 'serum' which clogs my pores.
As it was only a small sample tube I wasn't able to use it long enough to tell if there was any improvement in skin.