August 1, 2014 | 1719 users online

Masks - Kiehl's - Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this stuff. I have dryish skin, too.
I use this once a week right now. I put a thin layer (this jar is going to last a long time!) all over my freshly washed face then do something else for 15 minutes or so.
Last time I used it I looked in the mirror after it had hardened and saw that I looked about 15 years younger.. with mud on my face.. hehehe. I actually had a moment where I wondered if I could makeup on top of it, but that passed.
So it does tighten as it dries, but It doesn't FEEL like it dries tight. It's very comfortable to wear and feels just right.
I remove it in the shower and exfoliate with a washcloth.
My skin looks so good after this. It truly cleans out any blackheads lurking around, and it makes ye skin so clean and smooth. And, honestly, healthier, fresher looking. That, sadly doesn't last forever, but I'll take it when I can get it.
For me it's two thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The ONLY mask that actually clears my blackheads. It's stings a little bit when I put it on my face I think that's because the cetearyl alcohol is fifth ingredient. I took one lippie off becuase of that. Right after my second use, 3 little acne appeared and I NEVER have acnes. But I do think thats because I applied my burts bees camomile cleanser and leaved on my face to hydrate my skin for 5 mins or so. I'll see next time I apply it what happens. Overall nice product I would repurchase.

Edit: I realized that this was not the cause of my acnes. In time i did see this doesnt deep clean my pores that much but no mask does that for me. But this has really good soothing effect on my skin which I looove. It helps to reduce my scars and scar blemishes. I love this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my third mask I have tried but, my first clay mask. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin. This clay mask is recommend for those with oily to normal skin but! I received a generous amount if samples to test it out before I commit and since I do have dry skin. I used it as a spot treatment. Mainly my T-zone and jaw line. I applied a very thin layer as not to over dry my skin and left it on for 10 min again as not to dry my skin out too much. Washed it off with a damp wash cloth and viola! It worked beautifully! Didn't dry out my skin ( probably due to the thin amount applied) and I toned down inflammation from active acne and they reduced in size after one test trail. After using this mask I do recommend a nice facial cream to bring back the moisture for people with drier skin. Great product and I will be buying the jar and keep the samples for travel. Dry skin girls/guys I recommend this as a spot treatment and not an all over face mask. It does tingle/ burn the first minute after application but that goes away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't purchased this yet, but I have received enough samples to review it properly. Wow. I love this. In fact, it is high on my list of products to buy as soon as I finish up some others. I would use this about once a week and one sample lasted me about three uses. Every morning after I use this clay mask-- my skin glows, it feels tighter, looks smoother and overall -- is amazing. And that is saying a lot because I don't have great skin. So, whatever magical properties are in this mask --- work for me. I am DEFINITELY purchasing this. I hear it lasts forever, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

My favourite mask, feels so nice on the skin, helps with breakouts, and gives you softer healthier looking skin!

My go to for face masks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

I bought one(42SGD)when I was in Singapore. I used half of the bottle and saw no significant improvement on my skin.I felt that this was just another clay mask among the others. It did its job though:cleaned up my pores and removed excess oil and dirts. But you can definitely purchase another clay mask with MUCH cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Fully decent kaolin mask. I'll even forgive that it's in a jar. Does what it's supposed to- absorbs all the gunk out of my pores, leaves my skin feeling extra super clean. It isn't particularly harsh while doing the job either. I do prefer Shiseido's The Skincare Purifying Mask to this one. This Kiehls mask is pricey and if you're shelling out $$ I'd recommend the Shiseido over the Kiehls.
I'd buy it again though. This is a quality product, superior to Queen Helene's Mint Julep. It has a smooth, creamy-luxurious texture and doesn't irritate. Dries up all the excess sebum and breakouts. Great product- Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by emojosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, so let me start by saying I'm a guy and so skincare isn't something that's a huge priority on my list. I don't use a toner, etc. I use Neutrogena Acne Wash on my face maybe once a week and my acne breakouts are extremely rare at my age. This is all probably because I had horrible, painful acne as a teen that finally tapered off after years of antibiotics for cystic acne and millions of tubes of Proactive. Needless to say, I stopped really worrying with my skin and haven't really ever looked back. Because of that, I've had a tub of this stuff for two years and I use it maybe twice a month with great results. I usually throw it on thick, relax, then hop in a steamy shower to rinse it off. My skin is combination/oily and this stuff does an amazing job cleaning and tightening! I have blackheads and this helps reduce them where they're manageable and not really noticeable by me. The packaging is amazing and my tub is fresh and strong just as the day I bought it. I get that everything has a shelf life, and I plan to replace mine soon even though it has about a third left. For people who are looking for an easy skincare routine, I highly recommend adding this stuff in. I, like others who reviewed the product, also use it as a spot treatment when I "feel" or sense a zit or pimple coming on. I would pay double for this product because it simply is that amazing. I also love the smell on my skin. I feel so clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

I love this mask :) it's the first kiehls product that I've tried and I got to say it's amazing

This mask is made for people with oily skin and big pores, but I can say it can be used for people that wants cleaner less dull looking skin.

The mask is a grayish thick cream, the smell is like volcanic clay, a little bit harsh on the nose, but not entirely unpleasant. It spreads very well on the face, afterwards leave it for 10 minutes, there might be some slight stinging tingling hot sensation, after that you can wipe it with a towel or wash it away, usually I washed it away, it comes off easily under water.

You'll notice that the skin will look smoother, less visible pores, more radiant and less dull than before, I can't say it reduces blackheads or whiteheads but after this mask it's easier to squeeze the blackheads/whiteheads away (using clean hands of course). And on the next morning my skin felt bouncy, smooth and looked more radiant than before the mask!

It doesn't cause any breakouts or any allergic/inflammatory reaction on my skin so far.

So thumbs up for this mask for it's benefit(s) and its value for money, in my country it's 30 $ for a 142 gr tub. I use this once a week and it has been 3 months and I barely made a dent :p the only downside it's in a tub form so make sure you use spatula ora always use clean hands so the product lasts longer :) hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Makes my skin feel extremely radiant, clean and refreshed after every use!!! I love the way it makes my skin feel a kind of light burning sensation, perhaps due to the detoxing, and the very obviously less visible pores on my face!!

I put on a thin layer on lightly damped clean skin and wait for it to dry, then wipe it off gently with a warm towel. No need to wash after that!

Adore this very much but I just wish I had more discipline to do masks :p