July 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - MAC - faultlessly f/w

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was really excited for this to come out - I love purples. I knew this would be a dark purple, but I didn't think it was *quite* as dark as it is... on me, it looks just barely lighter than Black Knight.

I did find that I get the neat, dark purplish effect I wanted by layering Bubbles lipstick (off-white) over it. So definitely usable for a dark purple, but a bit higher-maintenance than expected.

Faultlessly is an amplified creme while Black Knight is a cremesheen, and Faultlessly's texture is better than Black Knight's - it goes on much more evenly (less patchy). For that reason, I'd be apt to wear Faultlessly over Black Knight if I just want a "really dark vampy lip" and not necessarily a true back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited when I saw this color. A darkish lavender blue. Couldn't wait for it. When I received it, it came out waay too dark for me. Back in the days, I might have been able to carry it of, but not at my age now. I like it, but I don't love it. This color needs to be a little lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbit_21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's purple. Not berry. Not wine. But purple. A very dark almost black purple. I bought it just for fun figuring I'd never wear it anytime besides Halloween, but I was surprised how good it looked on. It has a blue tone that seems to somehow flatter my pale cool toned skin, blue eyes, and dark brown (almost black) hair. It is extremely dramatic though. I don't how often I would wear it but I'm happy I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amplified but seems more like a lustre with more pigmentation because it's still a bit on the sheer side but i guess it's OK since it is a very dark blue-purrple color.
unlike Cyber lipstick, this has no subtle red tones, but at the same time, it is very similar to cyber. if you have cyber and are expecting this one to be something very different, dont bother. Now if you loooove dark lippies and love collecting them, then for sure get this beause, as a dark lippie lover, i notice every subtle difference.
Definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is a fun, refreshing new color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very strange deep, cool currant color for the F/W 09 collection. Very unusual and dark. I don't go for that vampy, dark lip-- but if I did, I'd give this a go. I said I wouldn't purchase it again, but it is LE, so...
The formula is Amplified Creme, feels nice and extremely good color-payoff. I like this with a shimmery gloss on top, adds dimention.