Cover Girl Exact Eyelights for Hazel Eyes

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/15/2014 3:46:00 PM

While the shades are beautiful, the quality doesn't add up.
I have deep brown eyes- I disregard the whole system for matching palettes with eye color- and the colors looked great for them. This quad might have worked for my brown eyes- if only we could /see/ the colors. The pigmentation of these is 50/50; the light beige on the far right is great, and so is the deep warm brown on the far left. However, the mint and the taupe are complete flops. Their colors hardly show up, which is a huge disappointment, because then this color palette becomes incredibly generic.
Also, wow, holy chalky texture. They stick to the brush rather than onto my eyelid and refuse to blend with my other colors. All in all, I have left a half-blended, half-visible eye look. Not too pretty.
With primer, these colors last throughout the day. I use Lancôme la Base de Paupie'res and I haven't had problems with these colors creasing. However, there is flaking initially because, like I said before, chalky.
This quad usually comes with a brush and a corresponding eyeliner, which also sucks. It's also a bit more pricey for drugstore, because apparently the Exact Eyelights is Covergirl's specialty line, so this quad's price ranges within $10. Oh yeah, the packaging is incredibly cheap-feeling and awkwardly square. White and clear plastic doesn't scream durable. I wouldn't recommend this, nor anything in this line, really. The only thing Exact Eyelights does well is its marketing, but it's only the bark without the bite.

on 10/18/2012 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have brown eyes, but I bought this combo because I really loved the colors. I use the taupe shade for my brows, and it fills them in perfectly! The highlighter shade is my most common highlighter, and I love it. I use the green in the corners of my eyes to give them that pop, and I don't use the dark brown much at all. It's the only drugstore quad I've ever purchased a backup of!

on 11/9/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love the shades in this kit. My eyes are somewhere between green and hazel so I tend to try both kits. This one does a great smokey eye. The lightest shade is a bit too shimmery and chalky so I use it sparingly. I use mostly the dark brown and the taupe shade, with just a touch of the green. The shadow is a bit chalky and it would be better if it was a bit more highly pigmented, but not bad overall, especially considering the price. I'm not sure if this kit makes my eyes look more hazel, but I like the way it looks anyway.

on 7/28/2011 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

My eyes are olive green in color, so I can use eyeshadow kits that flatter either hazel or green eyes. I found this kit to be inconsistent when it came to the saturation of the colors - so you have to be careful with the application. My favorite colors were the lightest and the green - the latter which goes on very light and soft. The other two colors were too harsh, unflattering and a waste.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have green-hazel eyes. THIS WAS AWFUL for me. I had to pack a ton of it on just to get a little bit of color. Kept the brushes which i love. only reason i gave it 2 lippies.

on 2/14/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Liked the color combo... the pigmentation was average... didn't bring out my eyecolor SUPER well because my hazel is more on the golden-side, but i let my friend have it who has more green-hazel, and it looks FABULOUS on her. however, i kept the eyeshadow brush it came with and THAT i really love so much. Who would've thought CG would include a great quality brush that I love using with my MAC shades? 5 lippies for the brush... 3 for the eyeshadow. Good for green-hazel eyes... alright for the rest of us.

on 9/10/2010 12:26:00 PM

I bought this because of the beautiful sea green shadow that comes in the quad. I tried it on as soon as I got home and immediately wanted to return it. The sea green color is so loosely milled and flaky; you have to pack on a TON of color in order to get it to show up. I was so disappointed that I put it back in the package and planned on returning it the next day.

Because I really wanted this to work, I tried it again, this time using a green shadow base (lighter shade in ELF cream shadow in olive) and it worked much better.

The browns in the quad are beautiful. Love the taupe-y light color and the darker shade has a bit of a red hue to it.

Don't really care for the light highlight shade as it's very shimmery. I only use a tiny bit.

on 8/4/2010 2:13:00 AM

I really wanted to like this eyeshadow, the colours are gorgeous!
I like the chart that comes included on the back it. It looks really nice when you put it on, and I did notice it seemed to make my eyes pop a little bit.

That being said..I find the colours fade really last and just don't stay put for more than a few hours. I'm not going to give up on it just yet though, I will try it with a primer before I throw it out.

on 7/4/2010 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is such great eyeshadow! If you do it right, it will look fabulous. Best of all, it tells you exactly what to do on the back, as all cover girl products do. Very complimenting on hazel eyes. Not sure about other colored eyes, however.

on 6/21/2010 1:52:00 AM

My eyes are a very light golden brown but sometimes they look green depending on what I'm wearing. So I went with this e/s quad for hazel eyes. I wore it with the corresponding eyeliner in "Majestic Jade". I wore that over a dark brown eyeliner because I found the green to be a little odd on its own. I could see myself using each e/s alone (except maybe the foamy green). The taupe brown (#3) is great for filling in eyebrows as another reviewer said.. All 4 e/s used together do make for a lovely effect. However, since this is made by the inexpensive brand CG, the shadows do fade a bit and go on light. Still the basic effect lasts for hours.

I don't know that this e/s quad and eyeliner enhanced my eye color but it did make my eyes pop. I also thought the shades complemented my red hair. The quad also comes with a very nice blending brush in addition to the cheapo 4 sided applicator which is standard. I think I will also purchase the mascara that comes with this set to see how it all looks together.