July 25, 2014 | 1859 users online

Masks - MAC - Volcanic ash Thermal Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm basing this review from a sample of the mask I received from the MAC counter. To me, there is nothing special about this mask. It is extremely thick, gooey and sticky. It also had a strong scent to it which for me being very acne prone I didn't like and was pretty scared it would break me out. If you are sensitive to scents I would not use this. The scent lingers strongly on the face even after the mask washes off. Overall, it did do a decent job exfoliating my skin and left it soft but it was so hard to wash off. Not a fan. Would not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I see a lot of mixed reviews but I love this stuff. I use to use the micro delivery from philosophy (still my favorite scrub, the volcanic ash is my second) and for the price of the volcanic ash it's ALMOST just as good. I'd definitely buy it again. It leaves my skin soft for the week unlike some scrubs that leave your skin soft for a day! I like how thick and abrasive it is, and there's no strong scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

This product was fun to use just because it heats up. It's kinda gimmicky in my opinion. It doesn't really do anything for my skin. It made no difference at all. I should have saved my money and just bought some french green clay mask which works so much better and for way less money too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why I never reviewed this, I have multiple tubes of it which I have barely touched. I am not even sure how or why I acquired multiple units of this marginal product. If you have sensitive skin be cautious with this product, it burnt my face. The heating sensation feels good temporarily and then the burning takes over. I feel like this is causing more irritation than anything. I will be discarding my supply.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I've had this mask since it came out with Style Black, but I have just recently started to use it. For a $19.50 product, it does not rock my world. Just washing my face and using this mask does nothing for my skin. It is a pain in the a$$ to take off; you can only use this in the shower, unless you want to send extra time cleaning your sink AFTER cleaning your face. This is an utter disappointment. It leaves my skin dry, the gimmicky heating sensation does not do it for me, and with warmer water, it may get uncomfortable. I gave this an extra lippie because I did wait for a year to start using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Samanda100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ďIíve been using the Volcanic ash Thermal Mask for three weeks and itís been awesome! It doesnít make my skin itch and burn like other products, and my zits are disappearing ó even my friends are noticing. I want every other people like me to have the chance to try this wonderful mask. This product has changed my life ó
I love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Mondenkind

This stuff is the perfect companion to the scrub. It leaves my skin feeling super smooth and healthy looking after I use it. Any impurities I may have seen prior to use are all zapped and sucked away by the time this dries and I rinse my face off. I have noticed some people complaining here that they can't really feel the heat from the mask and I'm here to remind you that this IS a water activated product so make sure that your face is moist when you apply this. If the heat isn't intense enough you can always take your spray bottle full of water and *gently* spritz yourself to get that nice soothing warm feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by TheParmaViolets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I bought it when the style black collection came out and honestly forgot about it. I've been using it again for about a month now! I wish I had have bought more tubes. I have very dry but acne prone skin and this product has reduced a lot of my acne related reddness and softened my flakey dry skin.

I hope this product is released again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so so for a mask and the worst mess to remove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another great product I got from a swap. I really like how my skin looks and feels after using it. It is very messy, and doesn't dry up like most masks I use. The only problem I have with this is that some of the product separates. I think this is Way to expensive for the product not to.stay stable.