August 20, 2014 | 1873 users online

Palettes - mark - Super Flip Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Super Flip Color Kit is a uniquely packaged palette containing 9 eyeshadows, 6 lip glosses, and 3 lipsticks. I received this as a part of my rep kit. It normally retails for $20. Mark. does not test on animals. This palette was made in China and contains 3.5g of product.
The packaging of the Super Flip Color Kit is pretty innovative. The palette is heavy, the top half being shiny, reflective metal, the bottle sturdy plastic. The Mark. logo is written across the bottom of the palette. What makes the palette unique, is the flipping mechanism demonstrated in the picture above.Once opened, you'll find a nice sized mirror, and what appears to be your average eyeshadow palette. If you tilt the palette slightly, the palette pops up. Push the shadows down, and they'll flip over to reveal a lip palette. That's pretty cool. It'd be better if you didn't have to apply so much pressure to get the palettes to flip. It tends to result in a finger full of lip gloss or nicked eyeshadows. Boo. But (gloss covered) thumbs up for a cool concept. At least the glosses aren't right next to the shadows, getting all powdery and gross like in most multi-product palettes.
The nine eyeshadows in the palette are swatched here. The colors are:
Glitterati - q soft silver
Dusk - a soft taupe
Cushy - a shimmery cream color
Pool - a light aqua with gold shimmer
Java - a rich, burgundy tinged brown
Fairy Dust - a soft peach
Sepia - matte brown
Piccadilly - matte purple
Edge- matte black

I'm gonna be frank about these shadows. Bar Java, and maybe Dusk or Fairy Dust, these shadows are pretty terribad. Horrawful even. They have good textures, but extremely poor color pay off. The matte shows are particularly bad because not only do they have very poor pay off, they apply very patchy as well. Even used wet, over primer, or base, these shadows have sub-par performance. It's unacceptable from any brand. I will give it to them that they wear well though.
Moving onto the lip colors, which are swatched here. The six glosses are:

OOPS! - a baby pink
Bitten - a wine color
Cutie - a mauvy-pink
Pop - shimmery fuchsia
Wow - shimmery amber
Prima - shimmery mauve-pink

The glosses are actually pretty good quality and have a good selection of colors. They're mint scented and give about 2 hours of wear.

The three lipsticks are:

Lucky - A warm red
Plush - a nude shade
Wild - cool red

The lipsticks feel a little bit waxy on the lips, but I feel like thats universal for lipsticks in a pan. They have good color pay off and wear for about 2 hours. I thought the color choices were very smart.

The lip side of the Super Flip Color Kit almost makes up for the mediocre eyeshadow side. That being said, I hate lip palettes. They're far to inconvenient for me. Either they're super unhygienic, because you have to use your fingers, or you have to carry a brush around with you. I mean, who goes out to dinner or coffee and afterwards whips out their lip palette and brush and paints their lip gloss back on? That's really impractical.
The value of Mark.'s Super Flip Color Kit is really good. You're paying about $1 per shade, plus $2 for the cool compact. Mark's eyeshadows individually retail for $6 each. Their glosses go for $6.50, and their lipsticks for $11. If you bought each shade individually, you'd come to total of $126, so by purchasing the Super Flip Color Kit you're saving a ton of money. But are you sacrificing quality? I think so. Mark.'s shadows usually aren't this poor in quality as they are in this palette. A lot of companies do that, cut the quality of the product and sucker you into buying them in a convenient palette. I don't agree with it at all.
Mark.'s Super Flip Color Kit is not a product I recommend. The shadows are appallingly bad. The lip colors are good, but I'm not sure they're worth buying the palette for. The packaging is pretty boss, but hard to operate, which can result in lost product. Super Flip might be a good gift to give to someone who isn't very into makeup, but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Colbysmom

i have this flip, and 3 others. This one is my fav tho, you can even use the shadows wet as an e.l. Great to just pop in your purse and go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colors, amazing packaging, need I say more? I m loving mark products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm having all kinds of fun with this palette! There are enough color choices to do several different looks and the quality of the products is great! The shadows are buttery smooth and apply very well. You can apply them a bit sheer and build them up to intense color. I find them very versatile. I like the lippy colors, though I wish they would have included more lipsticks instead of 6 glosses and 3 lipsticks. I'm more of a lipstick than a gloss girl. The formulas of both, however, are really nice. I added some swatch pictures up top and a pic of me wearing the shades Dusk all over, Java in the crease, Fairy Dust on the top lid and Cushy as a highlight. I'm also wearing the Pop lip gloss with Prima in the center of the lip. The blush I'm wearing is Mark star glo. Would definitely purchase this fun palette again!
EDIT: Deducted 1 lippy because the lip colors are just all so similar. All cool and all pink. I wish they would've added a few different color choices.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a handy little palette. Tons of colors for tons of color combinations. The glosses are so pretty, though the colors look really intense they are actually pretty sheer. The quality of the shadows is great and you get a lot of bang for your buck. This would make a great gift as well. The shiny gold case shows fingerprints pretty badly but I don't really care about stuff like that. Love love this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap. I love it! The colors are varied and will be useful when I travel. The case is pretty and the same size as the other flip for its. It even includes one of my fave shadow colors (gioia). Great palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was unsure about this pallet at first because of all the colors. I wish it came with some look ideas, especially if you're going to give this to someone as a gift who may not be good with make up. After playing around with this pallet I found it's great for all sorts of looks from a soft neutral look to a more dramatic look. There are a couple of videos up on how to use this on the mark youtube channel. I was also surprised on how nice the glosses are. I don't usually use glosses that are like this because they are too sheer but these pump out good color pay out and shine and aren't sticky. The brushes are cute too you get free though I don't understand why they would give you a powder brush. Should give you two different eyeshadow brushes and a lip brush. The case is also very pretty

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to get this! Love all the shades, all super flattering :) The lip colors aren't very opaque but thats ok! I will buy this again if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I just got this lovely today. It is in a beautiful gold container. Everyone knows how great the Mark shadows are, but these 9 colors are all pretty much new shades. I like them very much. There are satins, mattes, and glimmer. The 9 lipglosses are very pretty. I think there is a shade for every taste & outfit. There is that minty fragrance to the glosses, but it does not seem as strong as the Mark l/s. I am going to love this little beauty. It is very similar in design to some of the h/e compacts and small palettes. It will be a wonderful Christmas gift for yourself, or someone you want to give a lovely gift to. I am sure there will be finger prints on the golden case in no time, but it is so lovely, who really cares. I will shine it back up. ;-) I think once the products are used up, and my hubby takes the little flip thingy out, this case will make a lovely carrying case for other items. Maybe things like other l/s's, small e/s's, mints, gum, pills, etc. OH! Almost forgot, it came with a FREE mini 3 piece Mark brush set. They are so cute! The smallest brush will be perfect for the defined e/s's. I am pleased with this palette. I think some of you will like it too.
UpDate:
I used the shadows and l/g's yesterday for the first time. The shadows went on great and lasted until I took them off without a smudge, and I used the darker blue one for a lid liner and on my waterline. Got to love it! The glosses were wonderful. I was thinking they would have that minty taste but they do not! They have a very pleasing sweet flavor to them. I am really liking that the minty thing is gone from this palette.