La Mer The Radiant Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF25

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 4.65% INGREDIENTS: ISOCETYL MYRISTATE [] METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] DIISOSTEARYL MALATE [] COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX\CERA CARNAUBA\CIRE DE CARNAUBA [] POLYGLYCERYL-2 OLEATE [] EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX\CANDELILLA CERA\CIRE DE CANDELILLA [] ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE [] POLYETHYLENE [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL [] PHAEODACTYLUM TRICORNOTUM EXTRACT [] SANTALUM ALBUM SEED EXTRACT [] PORIA COCOS SCLEROTIUM EXTRACT [] SODIUM RNA [] TOURMALINE [] DIMETHICONE SILYLATE [] DIMETHICONE [] CALCIUM CARBONATE [] MALACHITE [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER [] BISABOLOL [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE [] ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE [] HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL [] TIN OXIDE [] ALUMINA [] SILICA [] [ /- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

the good news are, that i didn't pay for it....
my sister gave it to me to check out if it suits me , because she didn't like it AT ALL.

the bad news are, this is propably the worst concealer IN THE WORLD, regarding all the cheapies too...

the color match is a riddle, since i had the "dark 03" and my skin is fair -medium with yellow undertones, and this was not dark at all. it was rather intense, than dark.
it is more of a peachy color that masks quite well some kind of dark circles.

it is definately very pigmented, so maybe that s why lighter colors seemed white to other members.

when i first applied it, other than being very pigmented i felt it satisfing and moisturising.
but....
some hours after, when it was settled and dried i accidentaly looked into a mirror and having forgotten that i put this on earlier, i was horrified that i aged without having noticed it...
every single fine line was SO MUCH prominent, and i don't even have fine lines....
i put it all around the eyes to brighten them.
in the upper lid i was seeing little pumps that weren't even there;;;
the skin was looking aged, dried and thin.

seriously, my eyes are much better than this with no concealer at all, and some moisturiser on...

i will definately NOT PURCHASE EVER, and i am sooooo greatfull to my sister for the swap, because i could accidentaly buy this thing in the future..

note that the try was in hot and humid inviroment. i can' t imagine what would happen in cold..

BIG NO, BIGGER THAN LIFE!!!!!

EDIT: this try was at night under fluorescent light. maybe my skin wasn'i properly moisturised and the product too much.
i tried again in day light, too much light actually and too much hit.
things were enormously impoved. i just put it in a quick sun screen plus powder make up to go out in a hurrry and thought to put this as an around eye sun filter. i had just apply a lot of moisturiser all over and maybe my skin was in a much better condition. i don t know what it was, but no fine-line -highlighting occured. i used less product, very carefully and all went well. the coverage was medium, but i didn't want to risk any mask- effect.
i m adding two lippies and keep watching it..

the absolytely sure thing is that these colors are definately extremely light.
i used dark 03 in broad sunlight without being tanned and was just my shade. not at all darker. and i m just fair -medium, about nc20.
can't imagine what a medium or darker, should do...

on 2/19/2015 10:12:00 PM

i have repurchased this product 3 times. It's expensive, but i give it 5 lippies anyway, because i would pay any price.

it's all about SHADE 02 MEDIUM

it looks pink as hell in the case. don't be scared. how do i use this? NOT under the eyes. NOT for blemishes. I use this (drumroll) on the m-er f-ing melasma on my upper lip, and stupid pigmentation on my cheeks and chin and jaw.

NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING bounces light/covers/corrects my darker pigmentation like this concealer.

I put on my foundation, and then i just sweep some of this under my nose, center of my chin, around my mouth a little, along the jaw - sometimes i can get away with not even wearing foundation and just covering these shadowy pigmenty parts of my face with my precious la mer conceal or (still favor cle de peau for under eye)

THE PACKAGING: turns out this little square mirrored compact is genius. Because i use this for lager areas, i swipe with my finger. because i use it under my nose, it comes off (we wipe our noses so often without even realizing it) re-applying this product over my patchy and shadowy areas refreshes my entire face.

if you have melasma, or even if you are just getting on in years (the lower part of the face always seems a little more tired than the rest) i HIGHLY recommend this concealer.

i bought it on a lark, because i felt like i needed a treat and i dunno - it was divine intervention. I absolutely love this stuff. For reference I am very average white girl medium skin tone with basic stressed out facial problems and i favor golden toned foundation, but understand and respect how this peachy concealer works.

on 8/15/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an exceptional concealer. Even though it's a solid cream formula, it is not at all cakey and applies smoothly. You only need a tiny bit to tap on with your finger. It is also highly pigmented so there's pretty good coverage there. It is fairly matte, but not as much as By Terry Touche Veloutee, which I find looks very dusty and dry on the skin. This is probably the best undereye concealer I've tried, though I have to try Cle de Peau next (I've used Ellis Faas, By Terry, all Laura Mercier concealers, Sephora brightener, NARS Radiant Concealer, Maybelline Age Rewind, MAC Studio, Dermablend and more). I am a concealer fiend because I have hereditary eye bags (made worse by a pronounced epicanthic fold) and low, dark cirles due to a car accident which left me with two black eyes that never really went away completely. The staying power of this isn't the best, but it's compact and light enough to take with you and reapply easily, especially with the little mirror. My main gripe with it - and this is why I'm still searching - is the colour selection. I'm about a MAC NC35 (or between a Chanel VA B30 and B40), and even the 03 Dark is a little too white and pasty, leaving my circles with a slightly grey cast. It's certainly brightening though and if your circles aren't severe then I'd highly recommend this for the texture, convenience and brightening qualities. The price is ridiculous.

on 2/14/2014 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this one for 2 reasons. The colour is really suitable for my skin tone (cool undertone). Another one is the cream-base is so easy to apply, comparing to my other concealer (Dior's Snow) which is a thick liquid and I couldn't possibly use it on my face without messing half of the area that I don't want to conceal. This La Mer concealer does help a lot.

It also comes with a small concealer brush (but i usually use my fingers) and a nice package wih a mirror. Really nice.

on 2/11/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think this product's downfall is the lack of shades. I think the coverage is nice, the consistency is so smooth and creamy, but unfortunately on my NW10 skin the lightest shade 01 Light is just too neutral for me. It covers well, but it just does not have any corrective power to counter my undereye circles at all. To get the coverage and correcting power I want, I need to use too much of this product; it ends up highlighting my undereye circles. :( I will probably use it up, maybe with a decent corrector underneathe, but I prefer to have a good coverage concealer and not having to layer so many different products, especially for the price! Maybe if you can find the perfect shade for you, this will be great, but for me it just does not work.

on 1/24/2014 6:47:00 PM

It does not cover as spectacularly as I expected, but it gets the job done. I use Alabaster, and it is a pretty good match. I can feel when I put it on that it is a higher quality product than your average bear, it's very smooth and feels great. You just feel the luxury. It does conceal, and does not break me out. I'm not sure it improves my skin, but I would buy again.

on 12/23/2013 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I lOVE this concealer! Only problem is the color range. I'm a mac NC30-35 medium skin tone but had to get this concealer in dark, and it's still pretty light/brightening. It is soooo pigmented and blends effortlessly and I love that it has SPF in it. I don't have particularly "Creasy" undereyes or many wrinkles, but I do have crepiness and a bit of texture under the eyes so I find that thinner formulas seem to crinkle up under my eyes emphasizing the texture and thinness, so I tend to prefer the creamier formulas. That being said, this concealer stays put all day and is creamy enough to hydrate and not emphasize the crepiness, but dry enough that it sets and doesn't settle into lines or smear around. It's just perfect! (Except the poor shade range). A little goes a looooong way so even though it's expensive, I see this lasting a very long time. Definitely my favorite concealer of all time with the Nars radiant concealer a close second.

on 6/28/2013 6:40:00 PM

My must have. Perfectly hides dark circles and spots, doesn't irritate my skin. I love it!!!!

on 1/30/2013 3:54:00 PM

I was lucky enough to buy this in Madrid for only 22 euros as it was on offer. Itīs very small and looks like a tiny face powder (its about the size of a smallish round eyeshadow. It come with a cute brush for application and should last a while as you only need a bit. I got it in medium plus the La mer liquid foundation with a 10% discount so I got the 2 products for 92 euros. I wouldnīt pay the full price for such a small concealer but as it is La mer I thought that 22 euros was a very reasonable price. I wanted to buy the loose powder too but they didn,īt sell it so I will use my Sisley loose powder which is probably of the same quality. Will update in a few weeks to let you know how my face is with these products.

on 12/19/2012 4:25:00 AM

My first reaction to this product: WOW!!

Dark under-eye areas run in my family, and I've had dark circles under my eyes since I was a little girl. No matter how much sun I get, water I drink, or sleep I get, they're still there. And, until now, nothing has been able to cover them very well (or at all). I'm very fair (NW 15 in MAC) and the Light color works well for me. I also get large zits occasionally, and this covers them up very well, to the point where they are almost unnoticeable.

Thanks to this concealer, my under eye area looks bright and flawless all day long. I can wear it all day without it creasing, and by all day I mean working at least 8 hours.

It's a bit thick, and somewhat pasty in texture, but with a good concealer brush it doesn't take long to blend in. After blending it a bit with my Bare Essentials concealer brush, I actually use my finger to make it blend more seamlessly. I set it with La Mer's powder in translucent.

The packaging is nice, even though I highly dislike the small brush it comes with. It didn't blend the concealer in at all, for me anyway. I like the little pouch that comes with the compact (the concealer comes in a compact with a mirror).

I'd recommend this product to anyone suffering from dark circles under their eyes, or acne!