Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.8

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In just one night, this turned my relatively clear, acne-free skin into the texture of an orange peel with tiny bumps everywhere. I took a few day break from tretinoin to patch test this but what a mistake. Even my 14% glycolic acid serum doesn't irritate my skin like this did. My forehead is covered in little whiteheads that itch horribly. On the plus side, I'm glad a $$ product didn't work for me.

on 5/24/2015 10:51:00 PM

I'm going to return it because it makes my face dark. I've been using it on and off for a while because I thought it's a coincidence but it's not, makes my face look greasy so it can only be used at night, and I agree with Paula (Paula's choice) that is nothing more than an overpriced exfoliant. I'll just stick to my Tatcha enzyme peel and Diorsnow.

on 5/4/2015 1:42:00 PM

I started using this a week before I went on vacation. Before vacation I would need to exfoliate 2-3/week to keep my skin, especially along the jawline, smooth. While I was on vacation I was too lazy/tired to exfoliate but was using Good Genes every night. As my vacation ended I realized that my jawline was still pretty smooth and have cut back on my exfoliation time per week.

Been using in conjunction now with Luna and Bionic each night and I really like the combination.

Some people have complained about the smell. It's not bad at all. Kinda maple-y. Compared to Juno/Artemis this is heavenly.

Highly recommend and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/3/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this. I always have problem with occational acne and acne scars/marks. This solves all this. It is very uncommon for me to finish a product either it doesnt work or im bored waiting for it to work on my skin. This is the best ever. I bought the Luna after finishing the bottle coz so much rave about it. I hope the negative effects of Luna will subside over time.

on 4/5/2015 4:46:00 AM

This is definitely the star product from Sunday Riley. Have used up two bottles of this already and it has made a difference to my skin in terms of the the texture, clearing up acne scars and other marks. However I found that I had much more significant results from the first bottle I used. It could be that my skin was just getting used to the chemical exfoliants so the effect wasn't so visible. Am currently just using this once every few days to give my skin a break. However I still think its a great product and would continue to purchase this.

on 3/24/2015 12:40:00 AM

This is a great nightly exfoliating serum and an even better facial mask. As a serum, I apply it to clean dry skin right before my moisturizer. As a mask, I apply it thickly and it stings quite a bit the longer I leave it on. It initially makes my skin flush, but an hour after I wash it off my skin is way more even and glowy. I'll keep this in rotation.

on 3/23/2015 5:43:00 PM

another amazing product from sunday riley. I use this every other night, alternating with Luna. My complexion has never looked smoother and I notice that scars are fading and luckily no break outs!

on 3/1/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is spot on! True performer and I will repurchase :)

on 2/27/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I was sceptical about this one because of the mixed reviews until I received a sample in a gift bag. I used it once and was a bit meh in the morning. Used if again a few nights later and was totally wow'd in the morning. My skin looked visibly smoother and distinctly more glowy. I purchased a full size and have been using nightly for 2 weeks now - i find the best way to use it is after cleansing, followed by a hylauronic acid serum and then moisturiser. My skin type is normal to dry. I've noticed my skin texture is more refined and it looks plumped, my spot scars are fading and I look more radiant. I really hope the results last. I will update this review once I finish the bottle to see how long it lasts with nightly use and if I am still happy with it. Ps it smells bad, however I am of the opinion that all really good serums smell bad!

on 2/21/2015 1:58:00 AM

This potent AHA improves skin texture after just one use, something I really struggle with. It instantly brightens and hydrates. I don't get how people complain about the smell of this product, to me it smells like lemongrass. It does tingle briefly, but subsides quickly, I'm not sure if this would suite sensitive skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)