October 25, 2014 | 1425 users online

Treatments (Face) - Sunday Riley - Good Genes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Wilhelmina01

My Holy Grail skincare product! I received a one week sample of the product and I couldnt get back to Mecca fast enough for the actual bottle.
I have hormonal acne and have tried a lot of products in my lifetime and Good Genes is the only product which has stopped my acne. In the 3 months that I have been using the product I have only had 2 piffly little pimples which is a dramatic decrease from what I used to get.
The quality of my skin has also gotten a lot better and feels smoother and brighter.
The smell is a quite chemical but as long as the product works I dont care.
I use this after toning once a day with an alcohol free cleanser and toner followed by a moisturiser.

From the reviews here, it doesnt seem like it works for everyone so get a sample and try it first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

pretty dreadful results. my skin has broken out in red lumps. the absolute LAST thing I needed to happen.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by mayantastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Feels oily and slimy so you don't want to sleep with it on but you also don't want to wear it during the day, so i don't really know when you would be able to use it?! I used it anyways (I had a free sample from sephora) and I think my skin might have gotten a little more moisturized? Certainly not worth it though. It isn't bad, but I wanted a treatment that would plump my skin and give it a glow, which it did not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clogged pores and irritated skin. It's pricey but this is not for me at all. Left sticky film on skin after applying as well. Woke up with lumps all over cheeks and clogged pores on nose. Boooo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I got a sample pack from Sephora.
This product is filled with plant phenol (wrongfully called as essential oil), a very strong smell of herbal/woodsy fragrance. It reminds me of some men's cologne, and at the same time leaves a tacky feeling on the skin for about an hour.
It may make a good yet very expensive insect repellent, but for skin care, hmmm, no thanks, not at $110 nor any price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh dear, I think I've made a very costly mistake by purchasing this product. I mainly wanted to try it because I have moderate hyperpigmenation and scarring from the terrible acne I experienced a few years ago. I've used one pump each night for the last 4 nights after cleansing, but so far it has only made my skin look so much more red and inflamed. My face is covered in tiny irritation bumps. They're very small and hard to see unless you're standing right next to me, but I'm afraid they're only going to get worse. My cheeks and forehead look like they've been sunburned, but it's really just this product that's caused the terrible redness. And to top it all off, the skin along my jawline is unbearably itchy. I've never considered myself to have sensitive skin, so I'm quite surprised by my reaction to this product. I haven't introduced any new skincare products to my regime other than Good Genes, so I'm certain that it's this stuff that's the culprit.

Now I just have to decide if I should continue to use this serum in the hopes that it will eventually do what it's supposed to, or if I should cut my losses and toss this before it gets any worse. I will update this review if necessary, but for the time being, I would advise you to avoid Good Genes!

**UPDATE** I've been using this nightly for well over a month now. The irritation bumps and itchiness I experienced initally are no longer an issue, but this product still makes my skin greasy and red after application. I have yet to see any improvement in my skin in terms of acne scars and hyperpigmentation, nor does my skin have a glow. My face feels smooth but I could get the same result from using a microdermabrasion scrub (Kiehl's is my favourite). I can't believe Sunday Riley can get away with charging 85 for this bottle of nothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is expensive but it works, my skin is pretty good most of the time, occasionally I get spots but nothing really major. Though working long hours and not getting any younger, I have noticed my skin get really dull very quickly. I love serums and my all time favourite is Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, but lately I was hoping to get something else at night that is a little more potent so to speak.
I got a sample from Mecca (i am from Australia) and they gave me about 2 weeks worth of this. I didn't really see the difference for the first couple of days but by about day 3 my skin is just so much softer, and plumper. I personally actually love the lemongrassy smell, and it does tingle very slightly (depending on how much i put on, sometimes i don't even feel the tingle). I have sensitive skin but this doesn't break me out or have any adverse effect.
After the 2 weeks my face is brighter and really soft and hydrated, i love the effect and went back to buy the bottle.
As long as the effect continue I will continue to use it, however I would say 1 pump is more than enough on the face, this is not greasy, just don't over do it. I use roughly the same amount as i would with ANR, just one drop, little goes a long way and don't need to pile it on to see the effect.
Though i agree it is very very expensive, then again if it works i am happy to fork out money, my routine is simple and after cleansing i use a hydrating mist (from pharmacy), serum, eye cream and then moisturiser (embryolisse at the moment due to winter)
get a sample and try it out first, but i really like this and good genes does have a great potential to be my HG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I dont know the ingredients of this product (I only used a sample), but to me, it seems that it contains some form of acid, because it tingled remarkably when I applied it. If that is really the case, I would find an advice on the packaging helpful, so that I know to apply it in the evening, make sure I wear extra strong sun protection, and especially not to use other exfoliants along with it. Aside from that: It seemed to make the surface of my skin a bit smother and glowier. Though the glow came at least partly from the product itself - I had the feeling it stayed like a very fine, shiny film on my face. Not uncomfortable, but also not my favorite effect. All in all, I would use it as an exfoliating night treatment rather than in the morning to protect my face with antioxidants. That was what I actually expected from this product, but the lack of information on the package makes it difficult for me to be sure if and when I want to put it on my face, as I already use other kinds of exfoliants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a great serum but I feel like it's a bit overpriced for what it did for me. It worked similar to my Rosehip oil so I am fairly picky now about serums. Rosehip is so cheap and natural that anything priced in this range that does the same thing annoys me. I wish it did more for the price.

It did soften my skin and make it a little brighter, but so does my Rosehip. I didn't find the smell bad at all, it smells citrus to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

Firstly, I only used this product for about a week or two, so I'm not sure about the long term effects of using this..but I will say the smell is absolutely atrocious. Unbearable. I'm not sensitive to most scents, it's something I am able to overlook 99% of the time. But this was one I could not get used to! However, I did notice my skin softer and overall a little nicer when using this product at nighttime before bed with my moisturizer. It's extremely expensive and definitely not worth the money in my opinion!