Avon Nailwear Pro in Wicked

4.3

on 10/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, very dark red, almost black. Covered fantastically with one coat. Looks expensive. Applied like a dream. These are very good value.

on 2/15/2011 8:49:00 PM

Gorgeous color, it's an almost black with a red tinge to it. I especially like layering other colors over it, the dark base really makes it pop!

on 2/13/2011 5:51:00 PM

Seriously love this dark, rich brown ( think raw umber here) color with burgundy shimmers in it. I actually would call the color chocolate cherry. I really like this topped off with a coat of China Glaze Lubu heels. Gorgeous!

on 9/19/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I think Im in love. I immediately fell for the photo of the new autumn/winter 2009 shade WICKED, so waited with bated breath for it to arrive, knowing most of the products I receive never match the pictures in the brochures. I got lucky; this is just like the photo, a rich chocolate colour with fine goldy bronze glitter and a shiny crme finish.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat (though I prefer 2 coats to get the full impact of the glitter) and it dries quickly (within three minutes). The new formula contains diamond dust and acrylic, to make the polish more hardwearing and to protect your nails.
The updated brush rod has channels along the whole length: so the brush wont be overloaded with polish = no messy glops or drips. The brush is now wider, so it takes only two strokes to evenly paint the nail.

Using my usual base & top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but Im tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

Avons new-look Nailwear has exceeded my expectations; Im loving it. Ive always found Avon to be hit and miss quality wise, but this range is in the keeper category. The new formula is the same fantastic quality as is double-the-price contenders.