September 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Gloss - Kevyn Aucoin - Liquid Patent

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ladyjanegrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this product because I liked the idea of buying a liquid lipstick with a built-in brush and the shade "Nyalia" was described as "natural rose". Well, it's the most horrid shrieking fuchsia pink and no way I can use it. The texture is o.k. (only slightly sticky) and the packaging is perfect - so now I have to find a matching colour...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday at a local boutique in the color, Nyalia, which is the most beautiful strawberry rose shade. I bought it without even trying it first because the color was so gorgeous. Patent is a good description because the finish has a wet patent leather shine without being shimmery or sticky. It comes in a click pen that you twist until the color feeds into the brush and then you just paint it on. I usually don't like opaque lipglosses because the finish can be heavy and feel tacky, but the texture of this one is nice. It feels like a liquid lipstick and wears well. I originally bought this as a touch-up that I can carry in my pocketbook when my lipstick wears off, but the color is so exquisite I might have to make it a make-up bag staple. The color is neither too bright or too cool, but a perfect neutral rose. KA's packaging is also very elegant. Burgundy and black and there is a small window on the back to indicate how much color is left. I love all the KA products I've tried and am so glad to find a store that carries the entire line (unlike Sephora.)