October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Toners - Avon - Clearskin Professional Clarifying Toner Pads Step 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all those positive reviews below, I decided to give this product a try. I've never used a toner on my face before, and I had high hopes. However, it worked brilliantly at minimizing my pimples the first few days and lost its oomph the following weeks. I apply this twice daily, and it leaves my pimples irritated and red and my skin sticky. I'm not sure whether to wash it off or not. Not to mention the alcohol-like smell! This was clearly a home run for a lot of people, but definitely a miss for me :(

don't feel discouraged on whether to buy this product though if you're struggling with acne, because the price is pretty cheap when it goes on sale and definitely worth a try. What have you got to lose other than your pimples getting angry at you? c; Just kidding, best of luck! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

DON'T use these pads over your entire face and not every day! They are too harsh for that but they work brilliantly in just the spotty areas. Cut them in half first and they'll last a lot longer. Excellent product for my mild acne. Please see my separate reviews on the scrub, lotion and the whole range.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lifesaver for my skin. I used to use the scrub and just the moisturizer then i ran out of the scrub, so i switched to Cetaphil Normal to oily skin cleanser. I only used the moisturizer for awhile and then after the lemon juice just about burned my face, i used the toner pads. I just bought my second bottle a couple days ago. Using Cetaphil, Avon toner, and the Avon moisturizer I have noticed the best results i have seen in over a year. I have acne scars and redness. This has helped a ton with that. I used to have at least 15 zits on my face and now I have 5, definitely a life changer. I was one who was the most self conscious about my skin and I have become way more confident using these pads and moisturizer, i had mild acne but i still felt terrible. I generally don't get any breakouts on my forehead and haven't in a week. I occasionally get the zit or two, but I use a spot treatment and i don't mind having just one little zit. My acne scarring is still haunting me but i'm happy my acne is going away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I had been having really bad skin problems for a few months after having beautiful skin for years. I had tried a bunch of things that caused my skin to get dry and flake, etc. Anyways... my mom had bought me these and I was very hesitant to try since I had dry skin issues, but im sooo glad i did!

These work amazing! They are so gentle on the skin and moisturizing. I dont even know whats in them really but they work. My stubborn blemishes are gone and my skin is soft and supple again! Really amazed by this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

It's a wonderful product which really cleared up my skin: No more pimples and a moisturised glowing skin. Therefore I willingly accept the price! Together with the scrub it is the perfect match for my mixed skin. Obviously the glycolic acid it contains helps a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, while I can review this product, technically, very highly---this is the one snag in the perfection of Clearskin Professional. A) Why, oh, why can't this just be a nice bottle of liquid I pour onto a cotton round like all the other toners and astringents out there in the world? B) Why can't they at least package 100 pads instead of 45 in the full size version of this??? I got kinda smart about figuring a way around running out of this so quickly: I cut the pads evenly in half so I can end up only using one pad per day. I don't need a whole pad to cover my face and treat it properly with the toner. Otherwise, the actual details of the product: it stings rather encouragingly on nasty zits that need to be treated/disappear, I do want that a bit out of a toner or astringent---lets me know it's got effective acne-killing medicine in it. I don't find the formula drying, and it works eloquently in harmony with the cleanser and treatment lotion in the entire 3-step kit. But dang it, Avon---why ya gotta be so stingy with only 45 pads??? And better yet---why CAN'T this be a liquid in a bottle?? I find the price a little steep at $10 for only slightly more than a month's supply of product (if you cheat like me and cut the pads in half). Usually, Avon seems to be running sales frequently enough that I'll probably get a good deal when I need to re-order, but sheesh---it kinda feels like a rip-off at face value. However, for being a product that has helped rescue my skin from my acne nightmare, it still receives high marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't use all three steps in of this line, so I'm reviewing the two I use separately...

I love using these pads. They don't burn the heck out of my skin. The smell is tolerable. The best thing about them? I'm actually seeing results! After just a few weeks of using this product, my acne scars are a thing of the past. I've almost completely cleared up my acne. And my skin generally looks brighter and more healthy.

I do wish they told you how much glycolic acid was in them, because I'm just generally curious. It would also be great if for the price you got more than 45 pads. I only use mine once a day, and I cut them in half - Which is more than enough. I will stock up when they go on sale, which seems to be about every other month.