December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMonday

Let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of NARS products in general. However, this product was a total fail for me. I have combination/normal skin. This went patchy and sunk into every single pore and fine line and accentuated dryness that I do NOT have. I can't believe this product is $45. It does not blend, looks cakey, and caused the rest of my makeup to slip down my face. Just horrendous. The only good thing was the color matched perfectly (NC15 - Gobi) but the product itself was awful. And it was not matte, at all. So disappointed in this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, i wasn't a fan because it looked pretty patchy on my face which was odd because i always moisturized and applied a primer. The perfect match was Punjab(3). Once i changed the moisturized, but still applied the same primer, MAGIC!

I can not get enough of this foundation. The coverage is very buildable which i like, so two pumps do me good.

It makes me look so naturally flawless and fresh and overall pretty without making me look dull. The best part is, i dont even have to set it! It lasts the whole day and after 6h, all i have to do is powder a little bit of my t-zone, but thats all!!

This is defiantly my new HG foundation! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by MiOhMai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but it didn't love me back. I have combo skin and thought this would be perfect for my skin but it showed every spot I didn't even know I had dry skin patches. It felt cakey on my face and it was hard to blend. When I finally thought it was to an okay application I had to spray so much fix+ to try and make it look normal. I ended up returning it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Charlie20395

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first tried this foundation I hated it so much that is indescribable. It just looked terrible and it looked like it separated on my face and I ended up looking like a dalmatian. I tried sponges, beauty blender, foundation brush, my fingers and nothing worked so I just dropped it and stopped using it.

BUT for some reason I recently decided to try it again and I am in love with it, I think maybe was the primer that I was using. Now I use it without any primer and apply it with a sephora Classic Multitasker Powder Brush and it looks amazing, so natural, with an amazing glow without being greasy. I had to powder once after 5 hours of using.

Overall if you bought this foundation and you hate just give it another chance or use a different brush or primer and see what happens. If you are going to buy this foundation beware of what you are using because this foundation can look horrible if you use a bad moisturizer or primer.

The biggest downside to this foundation is the very expensive price and it doesn't have a pump but if you find a way to work with it looks beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaNatalie

I was colour matched for Santa Fe in Nars Sheer Matte and I paid £31. I'm usually NC20-25 in Mac but have been colour matched to NW20 too. I've wanted a Nars foundation for ages but I don't live near to a counter so when I eventually found myself at a Nars counter I was so excited. I really really love the look of Sheer Glow but I have oily skin and figured that there's no point in buying a foundation that would quite possibly make me look more oily so I purchased the Sheer Matte. Well, for starters, I don't think the shade is correct for me. It just doesn't look quite right, I can't put my finger on it. I'm really not impressed with the foundation AT ALL. I hate the way it looks on my skin, powdery yet hardly any coverage at all. I have some freckles and some redness around my nose but nothing major and it just doesn't cover anything. I've tried to build the coverage up but it just looks cakey. I've tried using a primer and without, I've tried applying it with my fingers, brush and beauty blender, still looks horrible. As for the mattifying properties, well, I've had it on for 3 hours and I just checked in the mirror and my nose was shiny as can be, that's with primer, powder and setting spray. My Estee Lauder Double Wear Light which I was using before did a much better job at controlling oil. I wish I'd just bought the Sheer Glow and I could have dealt with the oiliness in my t-zone but still had the lovely coverage. Really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for a medium coverage foundation for my oily/combo, acne-prone skin. I have been using a sample of Syracuse/Barcelona for a few weeks now. This foundation covered up my acne scars nicely. The dark circles around my eyes were also concealed nicely. I love that it looks so natural. No cakeyness! It almost looks like I'm wearing no foundation. Also love that it has buildable coverage for those pesky acne scarred spots. With primer + loose powder, I get about 8 hour wear plus oil control, which is perfect for me. I love that this foundation is one that I can wear daily, but can also wear it for fancy occasions. While I wouldn't call this my HG just yet, it is pretty close.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Nazmin93

I read a lot of good reviews about this foundation so I just had to give it a try.
I bought the sheer matte instead if sheer glow because my skin can get quite oily throughout the day. This foundation did nothing what so ever to keep it matte! I had to constantly get out my blot powder as it felt like the foundation is was just sliding off. The second time I used it I applied a mattifying moisturiser along with an oil free primer and again this made no difference. Overall I think the foundation has a wet like feeling on the face but does feel light on the skin which is the only positive thing I can say about it right now. I don't think I'll be purchasing such a high maintenance foundation like this again lol :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lexi913

I've finally found my HG foundation!!! I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and this foundation is amazing at its job. The color match is incredible and I feel and look like I don't have any makeup on, only a natural flawless complexion. I get compliments on my skin all the time and this has actually somehow stopped my skin from forming pimples..not sure how that is. I wear this on top of a primer and under Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow pressed powder and it lasts me a whole school day (7 hours). It takes away redness and keeps you matte and shine free. I have medium skin with yellow undertones, and my color is Santa Fe. Love this foundation, and will definitely be buying again when I run out!!

Only con is that this foundation doesn't have a pump so you have to tap it on your hand until it comes out, but this hasn't been much of a problem so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily-combo
Tone: Around NC30
Shade in Nars: Stromboli

This foundation seems to be working well with my skin type. I've used it for about 2 months and I'm still loving it. This has a nice satin finish but because I tend to get an oily t-zone I do set it with a light dusting of setting powder. I find it last pretty much a whole working day. I haven't noticed any separation or it getting blotchy. If by midday I get a little shiny around the t-zone area I just blot with a tissue. This foundation won't keep me shine free all day but to be realistic I haven't tried a foundation that can actually do that. Overall I like the satin finish, it looks natural on the skin with one layer, you can layer it in certain areas if needed, I like that I can wear this sheer to basically medium full coverage. I highly recommend this if you you have normal-oily skin. I'm not sure how it would for dry skin but you can always get a sample at Sephora and tested it out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl05

I absolutely looooove this foundation! I have been at Sephora too many times trying to find my holy grail foundation, and this has everything I am looking for. It has the perfect match to my medium skin, with a yellow golden undertone, my match was Barcelona.
This foundation is for you if you have:
Combo to oily skin, not too oily.
Little to no imperfections (a few small discolorations and white heads)
Slight redness around nose area
Like a matte face

I have tried YSL Touche' Eclat, Perricone No foundation foundation, YSL Fusion Ink, Dior Nude, Make Up Forever HD, MAC Studio Fix, and this is the one that works on my skin!

I did wear it with the Benefit Porefessional Primer and did not set with any powder! A little goes a long way so be careful when putting this on. I also used a synthetic packed foundation brush as it is a thicker formula and would not be best to apply with the beauty blender. I wore this for about 6-8 hours and it looked beautiful even after the day is over, even after gym!!!1
If you like a more mattified and long-wearing foundation (I am talking 12-15 hours) where your oil does not seep through, see my review on the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation, another great one!