NARS Sheer Matte

3.2

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Bentonite, Stearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Batyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, 1-Methyhydantoin-2-imide, Behenyl Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Potassium Hydroxide, Cellulose Gum, Ethylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Serralysin, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Trisodium EDTA, Glucosyl Hesperidin, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 3/22/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the worst foundation I ever used. First of all, I got matched to this product (but in Sheer Glow) in the colour Fiji by a Nars salesperson at Sephora. I told him I though it was too yellow and he was like ''noooo, that's fine'', try it! I asked for a sample of it first to be sure and ta-da, it was too yellow. I'm fair with pink undertones and red cheeks, and Fidji is really yellow on me. MUFE HD in 115 is a perfect match for me, and this is far from it. So I went back to Sephora, told them it was too yellow, and they told me that had no other colour for me in Sheer Glow but that they really suggested Sheer Matte. They matched me to Deauville, also really really too yellow!

Even if it was a good match, it's not a foundation that I like, It's thick, mask like and hard to spread, and it's SO STREAKY, omg I can't even! I've never seen a foundation that was streaky that much... I tried with a brush, a wet brush, a wet sponge, a beauty blender, a wet beauty blender, a wet sponge, my fingers... Everything! Still streaky, not matter what I tried... so I returned it too. I think I'm just not a good match with NARS foundation, so I'll look somewhere else!

on 2/21/2015 10:34:00 AM

I bought this foundation with high expectations. This foundation isn't sheer, it has one of the thickest formula I've ever seen. I have an oily T zone, and the rest of my face is normal but this foundations dries my skin way to much! It looks cakey, and it doesn't look natural. I don't recommend this foundation to anyone. And also, it doesn't have a pump, I don't understand why, this is ridiculous! Seriously, for this price, you can buy a way better foundation.

on 1/28/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is without a doubt my Holy Grail foundation. My skin is so oily, I mean like, I look like I dipped my face in grease halfway through the day. I had tried a few different Matte foundations but this one works the best for me.
I always moisturize my skin before makeup, I apply my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer (again, my face is oily), I take maybe two pumps of this foundation and buff it into my skin with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
Depending on how irritated my skin is that day I may have to stipple a little extra on my problem areas. What I like most about this product is that I don't have to touch up from shininess all day long. It gives me a very natural look to my skin, which I love, but it can be built up for those nights out when you want full glam.
I wish it was a little less expensive, but I would still pay full price for it, especially now that I purchased the pump.

love this foundation!

on 1/25/2015 3:29:00 PM

This product was very disappointing. The consistency is so thin and difficult to get a nice even coverage. It is very streaky. It accentuates dry patches, but then again it is a matte foundation and I have combination skin. The best thing is the packaging and the wear time; it lasts about 6 hours without getting too oily. Although that's a plus, this product is not worth the cost. I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/9/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start this off by saying I have oliy/combo skin but pretty damn oily in the Tzone. I wasnt to sure about this foundation at first but thought I'll never really know how it reacts to my skin unless I grab a bottle. Picked this up at Sephora for 57$.... yeah.... WAY over priced for this foundation, its a nice light weight blendable foundation but its staying power is ok with a setting pray/primer and the colour range is ok as well because it leans more to the yellow side (which works in my favour) and it doesn't come with a pump. For 57$ I dont want to pay extra for a freaking pump. All-in-all I dont think this foundation is worth the price, I would probably repurchase for an ever day foundation if it was a heck of a lot cheaper.

$57.00 CAD
Favours to yellow skin tones
Staying power 4/10
No Pump
Coverage is JUST barely medium but can layer until full (waste of product)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and used a matte-ifying moisturiser and both Smash box light primer and Rimmel Stay Matte primer (both on different days; not together). Sunk into each pore despite trying it with two primers. Was SO PATCHY!!!! didn't blend well at all, looked awful! The formulation was very runny so when I tried to buff it into my skin it just smudged around my face. I wore it twice and then returned it for a refund. I would recommend NO7 lightweight foundation (in the black plastic squeeze bottle) or the MAC prolong wear foundation instead of NARS Sheer Matte foundation. So glad that I got a refund or it would have been a total waste if £31.00!!!

on 12/10/2014 10:25:00 AM

Let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of NARS products in general. However, this product was a total fail for me. I have combination/normal skin. This went patchy and sunk into every single pore and fine line and accentuated dryness that I do NOT have. I can't believe this product is $45. It does not blend, looks cakey, and caused the rest of my makeup to slip down my face. Just horrendous. The only good thing was the color matched perfectly (NC15 - Gobi) but the product itself was awful. And it was not matte, at all. So disappointed in this product!

on 12/2/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first, i wasn't a fan because it looked pretty patchy on my face which was odd because i always moisturized and applied a primer. The perfect match was Punjab(3). Once i changed the moisturized, but still applied the same primer, MAGIC!

I can not get enough of this foundation. The coverage is very buildable which i like, so two pumps do me good.

It makes me look so naturally flawless and fresh and overall pretty without making me look dull. The best part is, i dont even have to set it! It lasts the whole day and after 6h, all i have to do is powder a little bit of my t-zone, but thats all!!

This is defiantly my new HG foundation! <3

on 10/29/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wanted to love this but it didn't love me back. I have combo skin and thought this would be perfect for my skin but it showed every spot I didn't even know I had dry skin patches. It felt cakey on my face and it was hard to blend. When I finally thought it was to an okay application I had to spray so much fix+ to try and make it look normal. I ended up returning it.

on 10/26/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

When I first tried this foundation I hated it so much that is indescribable. It just looked terrible and it looked like it separated on my face and I ended up looking like a dalmatian. I tried sponges, beauty blender, foundation brush, my fingers and nothing worked so I just dropped it and stopped using it.

BUT for some reason I recently decided to try it again and I am in love with it, I think maybe was the primer that I was using. Now I use it without any primer and apply it with a sephora Classic Multitasker Powder Brush and it looks amazing, so natural, with an amazing glow without being greasy. I had to powder once after 5 hours of using.

Overall if you bought this foundation and you hate just give it another chance or use a different brush or primer and see what happens. If you are going to buy this foundation beware of what you are using because this foundation can look horrible if you use a bad moisturizer or primer.

The biggest downside to this foundation is the very expensive price and it doesn't have a pump but if you find a way to work with it looks beautiful.