August 30, 2014 | 993 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

Just adding yet another positive review for this little gem of a polish! You can't go wrong with the price either, I got this for about $2 at Target. You get great coverage in just one coat and the color is so opaque that it's a dream to use for nail art as well as other fun nail looks. Right now I'm wearing this color on the tips of my nails (like a silvery French Tip Mani!) over a clear basecoat and China Glaze Techno on top of the tips to add a bit of a holographic gradient glitter look. I can definitely see myself purchasing this again when I run out, great price, great coverage, great wear and application is a dream. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for grey shades or something that was neither dark or too pastel. This looks great. It is very light catching. It gets compliments and makes a statement, but is not over the top. It would look good on anyone and silver matches almost everything. In low light, it looks like your nails shine in the dark. Definite repurchase.
Formula: Mixed. With two coats and a top from the Invisible, I don't see major chipping for up to 5 days. The range is wide, great pigmentation, and it's cheap. On the other hand, not crazy about the brush and it takes forever to dry. Even when it does dry, it seems to smudge very easily in the following hours. I've tried to combat this by painting with thinner coats and more drying time, but it's still not perfect. Still I do not wear polish often so these cons aren't too bad. This is still one the best nail polish lines I've used in terms of value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SkierGirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! It coats wicked well, I have been wearing just one coat for 3 weeks, and finally got around to painting the second coat. I had not liked it before, but when I was running out the door for a semi-formal wearing flip-flops, I realized how terrible my toes looked a speed-painted them with this, and I was incredibly impressed on how well it turned out! The color matches everything perfectly. I've been wearing flip-flops everyday since then, and I have received many compliments, even from guys saying how shiny they are! They haven't chipped at all, and I don't plan on removing the color anytime soon. I think I will be wearing this color from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nyanwatson23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! it looks a little weird/harsh on my nails, but I added decorations on it, and painting another color that is a little sparkly(I used the Sally Hansen extreme in red carpet ) and it looked fabulous! it lasts very well, set fast and easily and doesn't really chip that bad, mines kinda just fading, I used it like Sunday or Monday and its still somewhat on (I'm very hard on nail polish)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a new silver/grey nail color after I threw my other one out and I got this on a whim at my local Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It's the perfect shimmery, silver color for me! I love it! It's really shimmery, but they are small shimmers, and if you put a shimmery top coat over it, the color is GORGEOUS. You really only need to apply one coat of this but I apply two just to be sure it is really silver and it dries super fast. It is really a must have. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stunningly gorgeous silver chrome shade with very fine microglitter/shimmer. Super impressed with the opacity and length of wear. With two coats and a top coat I can wear this up to a week without chipping. Looks awesome on its own, or paired with a chunky glitter top coat, and I've even used it as a french manicure tip colour paired with black polish. For $1.99 this is a steal of deal for a high quality polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The silver nail polish looks cool on its own, applies very evenly too, but I have an even better use of it: to add silver glitter to other nail colors such as red/pink/blue/purple. To add a silver glitter, just scrape the brush along on the rim of the bottle until the brush is almost dry, then lightly stroke across your nails so that it leaves a beautiful silver glitter across the nails. You can control the amount of glitter you want, and it always looks really good and fancy!!! Bravo for a really great product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these bottles and I LOVE this color. I wore this for the 4th of July and it was awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this polish for a long time in my collection. I never really thought anything of it. Used it once and was totally unimpressed! Until I saw how my nails looked in a picture and now I love it!! It's so sparkly and silver! It's a great color and the wear is great!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

It's a bit funny - I would consider a good silver polish to be a basic in my polish repertoire, but I haven't actually owned one in several years. I guess I got so caught up in the neons/holos/blues/scenteds that I forgot what's important. This is an excellent, though not perfect, silver polish - a bright, shiny true silver chrome loaded with microsparkle. I feel downright futuristic wearing it on my fingers (wherein it actually makes warm PPP me look a bit more tan somehow), but it's also a perfect pedi color for most seasons. The brush picks up quite a lot of polish and is pretty fat; it's definitely more suited to longer nails. Minor quibbles are that the formula is unexpectedly thin, there's apparently no mixing ball in the bottle, it can be hard to get it non-streaky without applying really thick coats, the base color sometimes covers the glitter and makes the polish look lumpy, and it needs 3 coats for true opacity. It's an excellent polish for the price, though - US$1.96 @ Walmart, which is obscenely cheap considering the beauty and relative quality (only Sinful and Pure Ice polishes are that cheap here, and they're pretty bad formula and wear-wise).