Coty Couture by Kylie Minogue

3.0

This one is definitely Kylie's most mature smelling fragrance. It's still sweet, but not in that fluffy sweet category that her other ones fall into. I'm a huge fan of cherries, but I don't smell that note on me at all. If anything, it smells more like raspberry to me! To me, this fragrance smells like raspberry dipped in honey with vanilla. It's not bad, but not great either. For a fragrance that starts off relatively strong, it doesn't have great lasting power - I expected it to last far longer than it does. If there is any comparison to another fragrance, I would have to say it would be Hot Couture by Givenchy (interestingly similar names too!), however Hot Couture is far superior.

on 9/18/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

COUTURE is the first Kylie/Coty fragrance that I could actually see Ms Minogue wearing as I recall an old magazine interview in which she said she didn’t actually wear perfume… What I’m trying to say is that COUTURE is very light and close to the skin; therefore it's ideal for work or school as other people won't be irritated by it, or just whenever you're in a I-want-to-wear-something-just-for-me casual mood.

So yeah, this does not match the name [which makes me think of eveningwear], but this is actually my favourite Kylie fragrance; there are no headaches or no candy-like sweetness induced nausea here. COUTURE applies with a sharp, fresh, almost masculine scent of lemon flower, mossy florals and tart cherry. The lemon and moss mix does fade quite quickly, settling to a mild, watered down violet fragrance. After an hour or so only faint - but lovely – wood/vanilla mix remains.

Scent notes; Amarena cherry, lemon blossom, violet, ylang ylang, jasmine, passionflower, musk stripes, vanilla sorbet and white cedar.

Bottle & packaging = Yuck. I’m by no means an expert on couture, but this looks cheap. It looks like something I’d expect to find with the deodorants, not displayed with the fine fragrances. I wouldn't recommend paying the retail price for COUTURE; it wears like a body spray [a pitiful average of 3 to 4 hours wear]. When they have offers on I might be tempted to pick up a bottle – I do have a weakness for cherry and violet notes in my fragrances.

Popular Fragrances