August 30, 2014 | 1817 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Couture by Kylie Minogue

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

This one is definitely Kylie's most mature smelling fragrance. It's still sweet, but not in that fluffy sweet category that her other ones fall into. I'm a huge fan of cherries, but I don't smell that note on me at all. If anything, it smells more like raspberry to me! To me, this fragrance smells like raspberry dipped in honey with vanilla. It's not bad, but not great either. For a fragrance that starts off relatively strong, it doesn't have great lasting power - I expected it to last far longer than it does. If there is any comparison to another fragrance, I would have to say it would be Hot Couture by Givenchy (interestingly similar names too!), however Hot Couture is far superior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

COUTURE is the first Kylie/Coty fragrance that I could actually see Ms Minogue wearing as I recall an old magazine interview in which she said she didn’t actually wear perfume… What I’m trying to say is that COUTURE is very light; close to the skin; therefore the staying power is very poor. You’ll need to keep the bottle in your bag to constantly ‘freshen up’.

Having said that, this is actually my favourite Kylie fragrance; there are no headaches or no sweetness induced nausea. COUTURE applies with a sharp, almost masculine scent (I assume this the mix of cherry and lemon flower), before quickly settling to a mild, watered down violet fragrance. After an hour or so only faint - but lovely – wood/vanilla mix.

Scent notes; Amarena cherry, lemon blossom, violet, ylang ylang, jasmine, passionflower, musk stripes, vanilla sorbet and white cedar.

I wouldn’t buy the retail price for COUTURE; it wears like a body spray. When they have offers on I might be tempted to pick up a bottle – I do have a weakness for cherry and violet notes in my fragrances.

Bottle & packaging = Yuck. I’m by no means an expert on couture, but this looks cheap. It looks like something I’d expect to find with the deodorants, not displayed with the fine fragrances.