October 30, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eye Shadow - Illamasqua - Pure Pigment - Static

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Static - You and your not overly clever packaging has made a mess of my make-up bag, but all is forgiven as you are so pretty -you look white and somewhat plain in your packaging but come to life in the most unusual iridescent pink, violet and mauve shimmery way.

Aside from the messy packaging the product itself is quite well behaved when applied and manages to have enough decorum to not fly off all over your face. I find this works great when paired with Too Faced Glitter Glue primer - on its own you can build this up and the shimmery violet/mauve/pink sparkles are so pretty and last well too.

I love to use this layered over another colour eye shadow or a light or medium natural brown eye shadow either matte or shimmery. With a little of this brushed on top it gives a beautiful subtle shimmer.

No chunks of glitter just very finely milled shimmer/sparkle. 1.3 grams of product is pretty generous so think this would last a long time which is why I can't see myself buying it again. Illamasqua have some great sales - which is where I snapped this up. For all the NZ/Aussie girls on here they ship internationally too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Static is BEAUTIFUL. It's a very fine violet-colored micro-glitter, just like MAC reflects. The moment I saw it I had to have it. It's gorgeous all over eyes with just winged liner or applied on top of wet liner for a glamorous look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Static pigment was one of the first items I bought from Illamasqua. It's a gorgeous product and is very similar to MAC's reflects glitter so it's definitely on the sheerer side upon application when in comparison to the usual pure pigments. I do like to wear this with neutral eyeshadows but if you really want to play up to the colour (which I certainly do most of the time) I use a silver or blue eyeshadow underneath with black smoked out in the crease which creates this lovely violet sheen over the eyes, it's beautiful...try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've never been a fan of unpressed pigment powder before, but when I bought the Freak EDP set I immediately fell in love with the pot of STATIC pure pigment that was included in it. The base colour is a kind of pink tinged iridescent colour and it contains pink and lilac shimmers.

As the base for STATIC is mostly translucent you need to use a base colour under it for the best results, although it does catch the light nicely worn alone. I've been playing around with it over different coloured eyeshadows for a little while now and have come up with a number of combinations;

The most eyecatching combination I've found is using a white eyeshadow as a base for it, or a very pale silver shade, which is just as good. Using black or grey are other eye-catching ideas for nights out, although the pink tinge to STATIC doesn't show up as well with a darker base

Also; when I first got STATIC I patted it over the soft fawn shadow I was already wearing and l adore the softer look it gives - perfect for day-to-day wear. My other favourite 'soft' looks are a pale pink, baby blue or pale lilac base shadow.

I've also found that STATIC looks good patted over pink shades of lipstick and I like to lightly apply it over my cheekbones for nights out. It may not be a cheep pigment, but I'm definitely getting my monies worth :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by LisaOrestea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is gorgeous.
I have both this and MAC's reflects transparent pink and this is a million times prettier!

Looks amazing patted onto black eyeliner!

Not too keen on the packaging, I find the lids kinda hard to take off. Thats the only downside though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlwho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is beautiful! The way the other reviewer described the colour is incredibly accurate and when I first saw this I also thought of the MAC reflects glitters (I've not seen reflects transparent pink but I imagine it would be quite similar to Illamasqua's static. I think this is a permanent colour now and it would be highly recommended. I however don't like the packaging of this (a square with a small hole in to get the product out) I imagine it would be really difficult to get the last bits of product out. It is also the same price as a MAC pigment in the UK (both being 15) and the Illamasqua pigment isn't even half the size of the MAC one (MAC being 4.3g and Illamasqua is only 1.3g!) so that is the only down side to these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Part of the Dystopia collection.
The swatches on Illamasqua's site aren't very accurate. Especially in the case of Static. What looked to be just another frosty white on the site turned out to be far more beautiful in person.
It reminds me a little of MAC's Reflects glitters, only they don't have one as pretty.
Static is a pink & violet crossbreed. Incredibly stunning & sparkly. Worn on its own, it comes off as more pink with hints of violet, patted over another colour, it's incredibly beautiful. White shadow in particular picks up the violet & pink. Over black is just as beautiful but in a less subtle way. Absolutely gorgeous.
It's best patted on to a slightly tacky base, such as TFSI before it dries all the way. Wear time is excellent, it stays put until I take it off.
Packaging is as with other Illamasqua Pure Pigments. Square container with a clear base & a black lid. I like the small dispenser hole, I feel less like I'm about to spill this than I do my MAC pigments.
If sparkly pinks & purples are your thing, I definitely recommend checking out Static. Hope they introduce this as part of the regular line at some point.