Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear-Black Out #24

4.2

on 11/23/2014 1:50:00 AM

The color itself looked nice, but the application was troublesome.

It was too thin and needed multiple layers to give a rich black color, but it was difficult to dry. It was still easy to mess up after 10 minutes. If the layer was think, it would take even longer to attempt to dry without messing up.

It was difficult to apply to, but it didn't have a lot of chipping (took it off in a week).

It wasn't a bad experience overall, but I would like to try other brand's black nail polish if I wanted another bottle :P

This nail polish was only 3 dollars(USD) and I got what I paid for. Though it only needed about 2 to 3 coats I found it to be too thick and it feels heavy on the nail. I wouldn't repurchase it and don't like the feel when applied.

on 5/10/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite black polish. It's glossy and opaque, almost a one coater. I wear this without a base or top coat and it lasts 4-5 days before any tip wear and about 3 days without chipping. Great product for the price!

on 4/28/2013 1:28:00 AM

i love black nail polish and mine was running out so on a whim i endend up buying this and now it is my holy grail for about a year now and the formula is nice and it stays long without a top coat . fave polish ever

on 10/27/2012 8:18:00 AM

My favourite black nail polish. Shiny and long lasting even without the use of a top coat :)

on 9/1/2012 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

i just bought this other day because my old black polish (which is now discontinued) is pretty much done.

this polish is very black and high shine. i find it goes on okay but i'm not a huge fan of the brush. it's hard to get it on evenly right away because the polish really accumulates on the brush.

i've also used essie's "matte about you" over Black Out and it works great.

anyway, if you're looking for a basic black polish without an expensive price tag, this is it.

on 8/22/2011 9:27:00 AM

Hm, I'm from Australia which may provide a slightly different product to America because I seem to have a bit of a dud here.
I am dissapointed in this polish. I found mine streaky and prone to blad spots and not very opaque - to the point where I needed quite a few coats which shouldn't be a problem when using a black.
The brush is nice, but I really hate this polish. In Australia, there are much better and cheaper blacks available that dry superfast. Sorry sally, you've dissapointed me.

on 6/30/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG black nail polish, i have been using this for years. This is the perfect blackest black high gloss shine for such a low price tag. This last me about a week and a half with very minimal chipping its gorgeous. Perfect addition to any collection.

on 3/26/2011 7:51:00 PM

I love this polish!! Its just a matte black polish, one coat and your good to go!!

on 10/5/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I looooooooove this nail polish! Easy to apply on your nails. The results is just what I'm looking for: pure black color, glossy finish, and the brush is the perfect size to cover the
hard-to-reach areas" on the sides of your nails. Plus the price is dirt cheap! :o) Would I continue to purchase this item? Defiantly!