March 1, 2015 | 2180 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2015 4:13:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners get so much great press on MUA but all of that attention eventually made me cave-in and buy them. I've bought Smog, Mushroom and Deep End and have worn them for 6+ months now.

The pros: They are quality eyeliners and are offered in tons of gorgeous colors. They are very pigmented and have a creamy consistency which is easily smudged and can be used as a shadow, if desired..They apply smoothly and don't tug. They are long lasting. The packaging is expensive looking and I like that the outside packaging matches the color of the liner (it's easy to know which liner is which).

The cons: They're expensive at $20 each and I find them to be too soft & creamy. I don't mind that Smog & Mushroom are so soft because I choose to smudge them out along my lash line. On the other hand, I struggle w/ Deep End because it's a dark color & I prefer to create a clean, thin line w/ darker colored eye liners but this one is too soft & creamy to do so w/. The end result is usually thicker than I intended and messy looking. Also, since these liners are best smudged, I would have appreciated a "smudger" on the end of the pencil. All of the many colors that UD offer are gorgeous but most of them are too sparkly and over-the-top for my tastes.

These are quality liners but I don't think they're worth $20 each. If you like soft, creamy liners and wearing a multitude of different -colored, sparkly eye-liners, these are for you. If you prefer more solid, matte eye-liners, I think that there are less expensive, just as long-lasting options available.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2015 12:18:00 PM More reviews by shelly0826

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased this product. The eyeliner I have been using for many years was discontinued. So I had to go and find another product to use. I heard many good things about this eyeliner so I decided to try it. I am so disappointed!!!! I have never had any problems with makeup before. I love the color (med/dark brownish color) but every time I put it on, my eyes start itching and then they start to swell up the longer I keep it on. I have never had a reaction to any eye liner I have ever used and don't understand what they put in this eye liner, that could be causing the irritation and swelling. I get the swelling on the inside of my eye, near my nose and also on my outer lower and upper lid...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lalas17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for an eyeliner that won't smudge on my waterline, and this is it. I bought the Triple Threat mini travel set at Ulta for $19 ($6.33 for one mini) which is a great value considering a full size is $20. I got the colors Perversion (matte black), Smoke (matte grey), and Sabbath (matte navy blue). They are all super creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. After 8 hours of school, I notice hardly any fading or smudging (for ref: I use these to tightline and on my waterline). I would definitely recommend if you have trouble with eyeliner fading on your waterline etc. These eyeliners are definitely my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2015 2:03:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a really great eyeliner. It goes on smooth, creamy, very pigmented, and when it sets it doesn't budge. Some people seem to have problems with lasting power but I don't really have issues with lasting power with any eyeliner. You just need to lightly touch it to your skin to get pigmented color, which I think is great. I do have a qualm with the packaging because the cap is kind of hard to get off. All, in all it's great. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I like the Pixi Endless Silk Eye Pens much better and they are cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2015 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lindsaylew11

I used these eyeliners for years in various colors. They have a nice color payoff and the color range is decent. I repurchased these for years because I couldnt find anything better with the colors that I wanted. The staying power is pretty good, but if your eyes are anything like mine (sensitive, allergy prone) then you need something more heavy-duty. I find that even with an eyelid primer, the color fades significantly towards the end of the day, and if I wear it on my waterline, forget it! Also- you end up wasting a good bit of product sharpening, no matter how hard you try not to.

Bottom line- If you don't have allergy-prone, watery eyes, this is a great product. If you have more sensitive eyes like me, try something else, like Sephoras 12 hour eyeliner. They stay on better, are cheaper,and have a nice color selection.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2015 11:51:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smudges and gives you raccoon eyes. It lasted on me for maybe 3-4 hours then it started fading away. I tested this and NYX's waterproof eyeliner and both gave me about equal longevity and performance. But, since NYX is cheaper, I'll stick with that one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lovemylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is tough. Love the texture, it is smooth and just the right softness. Love the colours, Sabbath is gorgeous and flattering (could even be a HG navy/dark blue), and Smoke is perfect for every day. Perversion is a very black black. It lasts really well, and I have very oily eyelids.

BUT I can't wear these. Even when not tight lined, it irritates my eyes something awful, especially when I wear contacts. It feels like sand/grit is in my eyes, causes my eyes to water, and partway through the day, my vision starts to get blurry. I'm constantly using eye drops. When I take off the eyeliner, instant relief.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

While they don't wear 24 hours on me, these eyeliners are just about the best I've found so far for being long wearing and non-smudging. They are soft, easy to apply, easy to blend, and hold up well in a makeup bag. I have oily lids and am disappointed with most liners but not these. Amazing colors. They are a staple for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are great!

I think they cost too much, but, thats probably because I tend to get huge quantities of makeup so on some level I keep wishing I could get a bulk or a frequent-users discount....Urban Decay needs coffee-shop style stamp cards. Imagine, 12 liners get one free *sigh*

Anyway, despite price, I always come back, very good, strong, bold colors, very smooth formula, it just glides righ on (as advertised!), and actually, it lasts a really long time, at least over UDPP, it tends to stay put until I properly remove it, more than once Ive fallen asleep in it and still had perfect liner on waking.

My only real complaint, is, sometimes its too soft, not in terms of application, but, as in, anytime I sharpen them I have to worry because I run a chance that no matter how gentle I am or what brand of sharpener Im using theres always a chance that the blade is gonna eat up the point, or that itll break off in the sharpener. Seriously, its very soft.

I also like that a lot of the colors can be acquired either in full-size or travel, so its easy to do things like buy liner sets and supplemnent them with a couple individual pencils.

Love these so much, easily my favorite pencil-type eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it! my go to eyeliner! I have lots of colors and I just can't stray from this.