Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/2/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Any benefits of this product were ruined by the packaging for me. It is very difficult to sharpen and nearly impossible to sharpen to a fine point. The "lead" is loose inside the wood pencil and breaks and falls out when sharpened. The cap won't even stay on the opposite end of the pencil. It just falls right off. I noticed a variation in the color intensity at different parts of the pencil. Although it didn't bleed or smudge and the color was good, the staying power was worse than my cheap old Rimmel "Exaggerate" waterproof liner. I would never buy this again, and the price for the level of quality is ridiculous. (I purchased the regular brown color.)

on 6/19/2015 4:53:00 PM

I have oily eyelids and these smudge on me. Maybe they only work for people without this problem.

Only el that doesn't smudge on me is Physician's Formula.

on 6/19/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own a black and a sparkly gray. Both are pretty colors with a lot of pigment but they don't stay on my waterline. They smudge all over (but to be honest I never found a pencil strong enough for this. It's a gel liner's job!). Also, I found the lead shrinks inside the pencil with changes of temperature. Both of my pencils are now unusable after traveling with them a couple of times because they are hard to sharpen and the lead moves inside the pencil when I apply. It makes it impossible to draw a sharp line. I'm quite disappointed and I find these liners are not worth the hype.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Sadly, I have to give this a bad review, this stuff is a nightmare for those who wear contacts. I love the rich color (I got perversion) and longevity of this and it would have been the perfect eyeliner for me except that it completely trashed my contacts. I picked this up because I heard so many great things about it and I have been looking for a pencil liner that would actually hold up all day and stay on my bottom lash line. My experience was this: I was at work, going through my day as normal and about 2 hours in I blink, my eyes water a bit and suddenly my world has turned into smudgy blur. I tried taking my contacts out, cleaning them and nothing seemed to work. I eventually had to call my boyfriend to bring me my glasses. That night I tried to get the eyeliner off my contacts and whatever is in the formula will not budge. My contact had smudgy spots all over and nothing was taking it off. I had to then toss my contacts. A few months later I thought, well maybe that was just a bad day, I'll give it another try. Once again, I'm at my work calling my boyfriend again to bring me glasses then tossing out my contacts once more later that night. I wish there was a similar product out there that was safe for contacts but for now my search continues...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Let me start off by saying im very particular about my eyeliner, I have blue eyes and I'm not a fan of using black eyeliner in my water line simply because I feel like it drowns out my eye color. On a day to day basis I usually use a flesh tone eyeliner to make my eye color pop, but there are those days where I wanna do something fun, these eyeliners are most def my go to products, they're so much fun, I love how VIBRANT the colors are, and how gorgeous they make my eyes look. I would def recommend.

on 5/22/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this is Mushroom. Its a very light natural color that accents my eyes with out an obvious eyeliner took that I use when I'm going for a more natural look. The color range is amazing and after they dry it is smudge proof and waterproof. Love them. I also have very sensitive eyes and I haven't had a problem with these at all. Glides on smooth without having to tug your eyelid skin. Just wonderful. I can't really think of a con.

on 5/22/2015 2:17:00 PM

I freaking love these pencils. I own over 20 colors and I still want more :) I line the inside of my eyes as well as the outside and then I smudge and apply mascara and it's the easiest eye makeup I can do when I'm in a rush. Love all the colors and they last all day and night.

on 3/22/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have about six of these and I love every single one of them. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to eye makeup so most mornings I pick one of these, swoosh it on, add some mascara, and I'm good to go. Even if I forget primer they last all day (for reference, my lids do get oily but nothing major). I also like the varied colour selection.

on 2/17/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure why Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners get so much great press on MUA but all of that attention eventually made me cave-in and buy them. I've bought Smog, Mushroom and Deep End and have worn them for 6+ months now.

The pros: They are quality eyeliners and are offered in tons of gorgeous colors. They are very pigmented and have a creamy consistency which is easily smudged and can be used as a shadow, if desired..They apply smoothly and don't tug. They are long lasting. The packaging is expensive looking and I like that the outside packaging matches the color of the liner (it's easy to know which liner is which).

The cons: They're expensive at $20 each and I find them to be too soft & creamy. I don't mind that Smog & Mushroom are so soft because I choose to smudge them out along my lash line. On the other hand, I struggle w/ Deep End because it's a dark color & I prefer to create a clean, thin line w/ darker colored eye liners but this one is too soft & creamy to do so w/. The end result is usually thicker than I intended and messy looking. Also, since these liners are best smudged, I would have appreciated a "smudger" on the end of the pencil. All of the many colors that UD offer are gorgeous but most of them are too sparkly and over-the-top for my tastes.

These are quality liners but I don't think they're worth $20 each. If you like soft, creamy liners and wearing a multitude of different -colored, sparkly eye-liners, these are for you. If you prefer more solid, matte eye-liners, I think that there are less expensive, just as long-lasting options available.

on 2/15/2015 12:18:00 PM

I recently purchased this product. The eyeliner I have been using for many years was discontinued. So I had to go and find another product to use. I heard many good things about this eyeliner so I decided to try it. I am so disappointed!!!! I have never had any problems with makeup before. I love the color (med/dark brownish color) but every time I put it on, my eyes start itching and then they start to swell up the longer I keep it on. I have never had a reaction to any eye liner I have ever used and don't understand what they put in this eye liner, that could be causing the irritation and swelling. I get the swelling on the inside of my eye, near my nose and also on my outer lower and upper lid...

Top Rated Urban Decay Products