Sebulex Medicated Dandruff Shampoo

Active Ingredients: Sulfur (2%), Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: D&C Yellow 10, Docusate Sodium, EDTA, FD&C Blue 1, Fragrance, PEG 6 Lauramide, PEG 14M, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Octoxynol-2 Ethane Sulfonate, Water

on 10/26/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I started using this on my son's SD when his pediatrician recommended it for a bad flare in 2007. AWESOME stuff. His head stopped itching after 2 uses and he was cleared up from a pretty severe case in a couple of weeks. When I get an itchy scalp a couple of uses of this clears it right up. The combo of sulfur and salicylic acid is hard to find in shampoos for SD. In fact, sulfur shampoos are generally difficult to come by.....they don't smell great but they are EFFECTIVE. And the smell doesn't linger after the hair is dry. I wish this was easier to find in local drugstores, I always have to order it online.

on 6/9/2010 11:29:00 PM

I'm very happy with the results of this product too. Contains sulfur and salicylic acid. Not as happy about the sulfur smell, but it works so well for itchy, oily scalp and scalp/hairline zits that I'll put up with it. My hair is bouncy and stays clean longer, too. To deal with the smell, instead of following the regular instructions (lather, leave on five minutes, rinse & repeat) I only lather/leave on at least 5 minutes one time and follow with a different shampoo. So long as my symptoms are fairly mild I find that keeps things under control without leaving me with sulfurous-smelling hair.

on 9/16/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe no one has reviewed this. I first tried this many years ago when my doctor prescribed it to me for my seborrheic dermatitis. Then it was available w/o Rx and I could find it cheaper in the stores. It was the only shampoo that worked so well for me. I've tried the coal tar shampoos and the salicylic acid shampoos and found that sulfur based products work best for me.

This lathered well enough and did the job. Then I stopped seeing it in stores and had to settle for other shampoos that didn't work as well. I have since switched to making my own shampoo (see my notepad) but did notice that this shampoo is being sold on drugstore.com. So, if for some reason my current shampoo stops working, I will definitely purchase Sebulex.

If you have SD, itchy scalp or dandruff issues, I highly recommend giving this a try. :)

Popular Shampoos