Chanel Diabolic 427

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I liked this a lot, a gorgeous deep vampy brown/red shade which is easy to apply and perfect in 2 coats. However I gave it 4 lippies and wouldn't purchase again (it was LE I think) is because I do not think it is as nice a colour as Rouge Noir.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Chanel nail polishes and this looked stunning in the bottle. I love deep, dark, vampy shades and Diabolic is perfect. After two coats, it looks almost black - but with a hint of brown or dark red. It's not very unique (I prefer Blue Satin over this) but I still love it. Great quality - pigmented shades, no need for a top/base coat, lasts forever and doesn't chip.

on 11/2/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Given my love for vampy polishes, Diabolic almost beckoned me from behind the counter. This shade is magnificent, although not unique, but still one that my vampy side adores. It's a rich deep red that upon two coats, looks like a dark sultry brownish burgundy. Not quite black after 2 coats, but very deep and very rich. This is definiteliy IMO, a very sophisticated color that allows me to go vampy without it looking just black. This is like the big sister to Rouge Noir, slightly deeper, with a bit less red, but equally stunning. Definitely one I'll reach for often during the fall and winter months.

on 10/12/2009 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Well. I love this colour in the bottle. I was hesitant to purchase at first because I thought it would be like Rouge Noir, which is my absolute favorite vampy polish. Diabolic is really a deep black with hints of dark red in it, the color of blood. I am disappointed because this polish on looks much different than it does in the bottle. I was hopeful that this would be a dark color that one could wear in a conservative office setting, but it is not. Nonetheless it is gorgeous, sort of unique, and if you collect Chanel polish, like me you will still think it is a good purchase. If you want a more wearable but lighter color, go for RN.

on 10/11/2009 12:19:00 PM

Same great Chanel formula, but this is another vampy color that just looks black. (Blue Satin is the same way.) You really have to work to find the red tones in this one, which is a far cry from how it looks in the bottle. If you already have Black or Blue Satin, I would pass on this one.

The quality is the same that I have experienced with almost all Chanel polishes (pigmented, easy to apply, quite resistant, elegant colors, quick dry). Diabolic is creamy without shimmer and its consistency is dense enough to achieve an even color with one coat. However, this one is almost black on me. I can hardly detect any red tone, unfortunately (it's exactly the same story as with Blue Satin and Vendetta, they look just black). However, in a way it is a better "black" on me than the two aforementioned shades. Anyway, I give it 3 lippies because it is not so unique (I expected it to be more vampy without being so dark) and because a few hours after application it looses the glossy finish that it has when just applied and it looks a bit dull (so I have to use a top coat to make it shiny). I definetely prefer Rouge Noir over this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant at first to pick this up as one of the new LE polishes that match the Maniac lipstick, but as per my description, this is not Rouge Noir (Vamp). It is deeper, but not black - you can see the deep dark red in it, it is a creme and it has no glitter. The new formulation is fantastic and I am really enjoying the wearability and ease of application (one coat will truly do if necessary) and I really love the colour. It has more purple in it than Vamp and is better in my opinion than Vendetta although Blue Satin is still my favourite for now. I love the name, it is so much fun and I am so into that whole Victorian spooky look right now that this matches me perfectly. Definitely worth splurging for.

Popular Polishes