November 27, 2014 | 1432 users online

Eye Shadow - Giorgio Armani - Eye Shadow #3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by hokwai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

#3 Purpura (Purple) is a multidimensional color. At first, I thought I could only wear it at night out. But after I got a hang out of it, I found it I can wear it during daytime too.

For day look, I put a little on mobile lid and blend upwards. For night look, I put it all over the lid upto the crease and blend upwards. One eyeshadow is all I need! Plus, I don't have to worry about it creasing throughout the day.

One note however, prepare to clean up the undereye after application due to fall out. This can be easily taken care of. Just do your undereye concealer at last.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by photodiva49

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very versatile brown - I use it all the time. Silky and goes on perfectly like all of the Armani shadows!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Marella

Like all Armani shadows, the quality is to die for. This a little shimmery, but not too much, but it isn't a color that I am in love with. It comes out looking the color of a bruise on me, even if I used my lightest most wonderful Mac brush for a soft look, and if I use it in the crease it just looks more bruised. I would have preferred a more true color in one direction or the other. It's not lavender or really plum, or red, or even gray though I think that is the least color component in this. I was hoping for a somthing else and this hodgepodge of color wasn't really it. Still I'll give it a three for the quality of the shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 10:18:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

a most unusual colour - #3 looks like a browny taupe on the pan but goes on like taupy, greyish, plumish hue with silver shimmer. a complex taupe.so gorgeous! perfect for a smoky look - paired with #13 or #26 for a darker smokey look or #27 or # 37 for an everyday look. the texture of armani shadows are off course - to. die. for. smooth, silky, blendable, creamy...

Ref: Am FFF (stila b, NW25) with dark brown eyes & hair continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 5:47:00 PM More reviews by vixxin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a cool toned greyed plum color. Almost identical to MAC Shale and similar to Milani Icy Plum. Not really shimmery, but not matte either...somewhere in between. One of the smoothest and most blendable shadows I've tried, and the container is very sturdy and sleek. Works as both a crease or lid color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mochabear

saw all the raves and had to see what the fuss was about. so today i plopped on over to saks fifth avenue and had a ma "do" my eyes. it looked ok. i have a warm pale asian complexion w/ dark brown hair and eyes. who knows - maybe it looks better on other gals. all i know is that whenever i looked at my eyes after the makeover, i kept going "eek". entirely too "cool" for my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by redfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is a drop-dead gorgeous mauve/taupe/gray color. And wow is it lovely. I picture this working on most skintones since these GA shadows are so versatile in application. But the packaging is a problem. A big problem. With my MAC palettes, I can use 3-4 colors no problem, but these compacts are too big, and like those Chanel ones, youd have to have a whole table and some extra time to do anything interesting with it. The Chanel ones are somewhat better in that the mirror angle is better, and the quads are a great palette look. For $22, this had better be the only shadow you can use (for the packaging woes), or more likely the only shadow you can afford.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is my first Armani eye shadow and I love it! To me this appears a slightly warm light/medium mauve with gray tones. It looks just beautiful with my green eyes in a very understated and chic way Ė neither too red nor too lilac. It has shimmer, but not too much in my opinion. I did not have anything like it in my collection so I chose this over another (also gorgeus) taupe shade. A great alternative to my staple browns! As someone else has already said, this goes as well with plummy and lilac shades as it does with browns and taupes. The texture is very silky. I do find this one goes on rather sheer if I use it on its own: with Guerlain eye base the colour is a bit more intense. That suits me just fine as I like a subtle look. I havenít tried it wet. Minus points for the packaging (the only reason this is a 4 and not a 5): you canít see what colour is inside, and I donít find the mirror all that useful because of the angle. Iíd love to have a palette of Armani shades a la Chantecaille or Stila!
****UPDATE**** I used this for my wedding makeup on top of Revlon's colorstay in 'stone' - the effect was both beautiful and lasting! Brilliant. I'm giving this a 5 now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2004 9:23:00 PM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So pretty!! This well-pigmented taupe eyeshadow has pretty grey and plum tones. I love wearing lavendar and purple eyeshadows with this because they really bring out the plum in this shade. But, it's also a nice alternative to more boring taupes when you want to wear it alone or with browns. Ever the fan of Armani eye shadows for their texture and crease-resistance, I just couldn't pass this lovely eye shadow up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by myyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A very understated, neutral taupe. It doesn't look at all brown on me, more of a mauve grey with a hint of plum to keep it from being a boring grey. Perfect for work. Texture-wise, it blends very well, and the colour looks fused onto my skin. No hint of chalkyness at all.