October 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Styling Products - Moroccanoil - Intense Curl Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarahtashh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros-
* lasts AGES one pump goes a long way for my medium length THICK curly hair
* tames my fuzzies
* defines my S shaped curls
* leaves hair looking soft and healthy
* pump bottle super handy
* smells delicious - not overwhelming

Cons-
* Silicones mean sulphate shampoo is required to get it out :(
* looks hideous the 2nd day even worse when you try to re-activate
* expensive as hell
* wouldnt repurchase because of the silicones & the 2nd day look is just ugh which means I need to wash and I dont want to wash my curly hair everyday and dry it out. Its a shame though because it looks so pretty the first day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Oliveb412

Maybe this just wasn't the right product for me since I have thin wavy hair, but it was HORRIBLE. What a waste of money! It made my hair dry, crispy, flat, and greasy. I've used better $3 drugstore products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

well i have a love hate relationship with this product.
hate: i hate the scent, it is very baby powderish and cheap smelling.
the pump does not work until the very end of the product so you have to deal with that. since it is so expensive i am pretty mad about that.
you have to be careful how much you use or it will be somewhat heavy ont he hair.
love: my long waves are well defined and shiney and this product reactivates the next day by just adding a water spray.
it works also as a leave in conditioner.
it laast forever so being expensive is not that much of a problem.
you can not feel it in your hair at all.
this is the only hair product i buy repeatedly and i am a hair junkie.
Ah, but the stupid scent. some just love it though.so you have to smell it for yourself. i guess i like the flowery more than baby powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaStewart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The cream is fanstatic for my coarse curly hair and, if you can put up with the dispenser, it is well worth it - it really does perform wonders.

The dispenser is a disgrace for such an expensive product. It seems every second one I buy, the pump doesn't work - I have to keep my old pump and switch it between bottles. Also, the pump stops pumping out the cream when there is still a substantial amount left. Cue: mess in the bathroom as you have to try and extract the product from the bottle. I don't understand why they wouldn't have this product in some tube. I currently have 5 half empty bottles on my shelf because I can't bear to deal with the mess of using the remainder of the cream. A definite let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ebelida

I bought this product on a recommendation from my hairdresser, after LOVING the scent. She said it would work well on my curly, thick, often frizzy hair. It certainly has. The product lasts forever even though it is very expensive. I took off a lippie for the nasty parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Missunlucky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best product that is able to control my frizz in the summer time! I have thick wavy hair and I recently got it cut short, so now I don't have any weight to keep my hair tamed. I like to air towel dry my hair but when it's still damp I put a dime size of it in my hair, put it into braids and then go to bed. I wake up with my frizz contained and a little hair spray to keep it that way. Even though the price is kinda high, I would still buy this again. This product is definitely worth it. It lasted a long time too. I had this 3 years with my mom and I using it and there's still a little bit that will probably last for a few months. In conclusion, I love this stuff! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by maggiesafdari

I have always hated long reviews, so I'll make this one short and sweet.
Moroccanoil, although very hyped up, does deliver to its promise. It leaves curls shiny, bouncy and frizz free. KEEP IN MIND, if you have fine, thin hair, it will probably leave your hair greasy looking if you use more than a dime sized amount. I have very thick, dry hair, so I can use a lot of this product and it does not look oily. The price is ... expensive. Sally's beauty shop offers a knock off, One 'n Only Argon Oil curl cream, which is only about $15. I have yet to try it, but my hair dresser uses it on all her clients and says it works just the same.

IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT SILICONES:
Please don't listen to complete strangers on the internet about what it does and doesn't do to your hair. They are not experts. I called my hair dresser and asked her what exactly silicones are and will do. She said that:
- yes, silicones coat your hair. That is what gives you the shine and soft feeling
- silicones WILL come off in the shower, even with a sulfate free shampoo. The only instance they will not come out in the shower is if you only wash your hair once per week, yet you apply moroccanoil every day. As long as you wash your hair 2-3 times a week, ITS OK.
- SILICONES WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR HAIR GUYS. IT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING OF THE SORT. When I asked if they damage hair, she burst into laughter. "Of course they don't," she told me.

IN CONCLUSION (hm this turned out longer than I liked)
- moroccanoil lives up to the hype.
- SILICONES DO NOT DAMAGE YOUR HAIR.
- One 'n Only Argan Oil does the same job, yet it is half the price.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. Like another reviewer, I’m also surprised at the poor reviews. I have long 3a 3b curls. I towel dry my hair in soft tee shirt for maybe five minutes. I then use 2.5 to 3 pumps, distributing evenly from the bottom to the top. I then ramdomly place clips throughout my head, scrunching my hair up. I either dry naturally or diffuse. I recently discovered my new favorite method, the ‘drive and dry.’ Since its dark when I leave for work, I can hop in my car with my wet head in clips, looking ridiculous, and blast the heat full force…remove the clips and gently toss. I’ve also learned, as with any hair product, it’s best to change it up every couple of weeks for a few days…As far as the price, ouch, but but but, for me, it’s worth every penny.

UPDATE: 05/01/2012 - I am on my second bottle and still loving it. If you're not sure about this product because of the negative reviews, give it a try, but just keep your receipt in case you are truly disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. My hair is wavy and it's color treated, so it can get dry. This product is AMAAAAAAZING. When my hair is wet I add 1 pump of this cream and 2 pumps of the Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream. Moroccanoil products smell amazing. This cream is more of a leave in conditioner, so it doesn't provide hold, or definition. But it does keep my hair tangle free and hydrated. It gives me body, bounce and shine and I have no frizz. It doesn't make my hair greasy or weight it down. Have I mentioned how great it smells. YUM! This has no hold at all, so I do need to combine it with the Curl Defining Cream and spray some B&B Thickening Spray. I love the pump packaging and although it's expensive, you get 10.2 oz. of product, so it lasts me good long while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

VERY GOOD for thick CURLY hair. Its just sooo moisturizing which is the very best thing to define my curls beautifully. I was using Aveda curly style prep in the winter, but in the summer, the humidity made my hair super frizzy. So I switched to Moroccan oil and it works wonders. I also started highlighting my hair, which makes it more dry, so this is the only product that will tame it. I also love the smell.
*UPDATE* NOV 2012 - My hair is no longer responding so well to this product - maybe because the weather is more dry. I have alternated with DevaCurl Light Styling Gel and finish with Deva Curl Set it Free. Also I use Purpose by Mindset haircare. And switch these all around from time to time, which seems to be the best option for my hair.