October 1, 2014 | 1906 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream Mousse

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This stuff was horrible. I have long, thick, curly hair. This cream mousse was extremely sticky and uncomfortable against my skin. I tried many different ways and it was like glue in my hair. Hated it, will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I found this stuff to be drying, gave me stringy curls (hate stringy curls)...and pretty much delivered 80's hair (big, full hair full of stringy curls). I prefer a more modern look of chunked curls (think Botticelli style), with lift at the root, but not Lea Thompsen in Howard the Duck hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works so well for me :) I use about a quarter-sized blob and always air-dry, as I gave up the blow-dryer about 5 years ago. I can either scrunch it some for a messy type of finish. or comb my hair for a smooth, straight finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second favorite product for styling my hair and creating volume! It is amazing and also makes hair soft after blow drying! My number one favorite is also by redken it is the thermal duo shield 07 color protecting gel - protects hair and hair color for blow drying

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

gives my hair awesome volume. makes it soft, too. LOVE this stuff. possibly one of my new favorite hair products for styling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I bought this without researching it for 16 dollars at a salon. I rarely blow dry my hair unless I am going out for the night so one day I put some of this in my hair and let it air dry. The body it gave my long, fine color treated hair was amazing - and it feels so soft and bouncy, and without any heat or curling irons. It also gave me sexy, beachy waves that looked fabulous (when I scrunched it in my hair). It also obviously works wonders when I do use styling tools, It lasted until I washed it out as well. The texture is funny, like a bubbly airy cream. Scent is nice and fades quickly. I am so glad I got this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. I just recently had 8 inches cut off and thought this would be a good product to use for volume. It does give my hair a lot of body but by the end of the day my hair was hanging in slightly oily clumps. I think if you have drier hair than I do, it would work a lot better. I am going back to my spray root booster.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by indianempress

When I first put this product onto my wet hair (after briefly wrapping it in a towel) I was not very pleased with the slight crunchy feeling I felt. I scrunched my normally loose curly hair and immediately noticed my curls getting tighter and more unifrom. I then left it to air dry which is something I normally don't do, and to my astonishment once dried the curls were wonderfully defined, tight and yet magnificanly volumous. Better still- my hair looked like it had no product in it, the style looked wildly natural, and something that no product has ever done before- the look lasted all day- no flattening, no drop of curl, just beautiful sexy and exotic looking hair all day long! I have yet to try the product with blow dryed hair. Still fab product and I payed less than 10 bucks for it from ebay!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by elgyi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Currently have an angled, layered bob style that I am trying to grow out. I have fine hair and so require a product that will add body. Was using a volumizing spray gel by Sebastian but didn't feel like it was adding anything extra (and I think spray gels are more for frizzy or flyaway hair).

Read reviews for this and thought I'd give it a try. Has a delicate scent. When I took a small swipe out of the container the consistency reminded me of rice pudding (not a bad thing, just kind of funny). I rubbed the product into my hands first and it is very smooth and has a nice feel to it. Applied at the roots and through my hair, concentrating more at the roots to about 1 - 2 inches down the hair shaft.

Styled as usual using a round brush and blow dryer. There was some volume but not as much as expected although my hair felt amazingly soft.

I had also purchased a small can of Guts which I think gives much more volume and a bit more "grit" to the texture of my hair. I liked the soft feeling that this mousse provided but ultimately I need something more gritty that lifts a little bit better. I will be reviewing Guts as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a Redken lover, I just had to try this out as my CHI Volume Booster was starting to dry my hair out. Before I get into the review, let me just say that it comes in a sparkly gray jar with the number '08' indicating medium control. The texture and look of the product is.. strange. It looks like bubbly cream.. There are LITERAL bubbles in it! Now onto the review. I only use a nickel sized amount for my medium length hair, and I blow dry my hair with a round brush. I could honestly tell such a difference when I used this! I was shocked at how feathery my hair looked without looking dirty or crunchy. This product is amazing, and to no surprise!