August 21, 2014 | 1308 users online

Gels/Soaps - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Deep Radiance Gel OIl

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by mab6954

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent multi-purpose product. The ingredient list isn't state of the art with Mineral oil being listed as the first ingredient but at only $10.00AUD it does the job. I use it as a de-frizzing product in my hair after a shower (I was with my boyfriend the other night and he commented on how great it smelt), as an additive to face masques (i find the high oil content helps to plump up fine lines), and occasionally during the winter time at night for chapped lips (the next morning my lips have always improved). The product itself is light brown in color and smells like chocolate, it is a little goopy but it is also a gel and for the results it provides that dosent really fuss me. One tube lasts forever. It is definitely a product that i'll never be without. Highly recommended to all those except with oily skin. If you dont like it on your skin then you'll love it in your hair and with such a low price tag you dont really have anything to loose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for this for a long time, and I finally found it in the clearance section--for a reason. This stuff is just so goopy and thick, it gives me the heebie jeebies. As soon as I put it on I wanted to jump back into the shower again to wash it off. I almost threw it away, but I think I'll muster the courage one day to try a few drops in my hair. Maybe it would work as a good glosser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

STICKY STICKY STICKY

I was eager to try this gel oil b/c it's in innovative gel form (not spill-clumsy liquid) & it took quite a while to find it in my local drugstore.... I searched for months.

I didn't like the high price ($15!) but was excited about the purchase. I hate the heavy scent AND the heavy texture of this product. The bottle now sits on top of my bathroom cabinet waiting for a purpose. I'd hate to throw out a full bottle, so I'll keep it a while & see if I come up with some use for it in the future. Maybe I can give it away to a friend. Or I'll eventually get my stuff together & put it up for swap (if anybody ever wants this gooey stuff). It doesn't sink into the skin - it's like applying grease to your body.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 1/25/10: I had to throw this in the trash. I *never* throw products in the trash but every time I used it I got itchy spots. I don't really have sensitive skin so I'm not sure what that's about?

Original review:

I really wanted to like this product as I seem to like many Palmers' products, but it didn't cut it.

Pros:
*moisturizing I guess?
*absorbs quickly
*not greasy
*smells like dark chocolate
*includes some natural ingredients like cocoa butter, jojoba oil, & soybean oil

Cons:
*not moisturizing enough - even though it's a gel, it's NOT as greasy(or moisturizing) as Johnson's Baby Oil Gel.
*expensive for the amount($6.99) and considering it doesn't work that great
*the scent is rather strong and seems to last long after the moisturizing properties have gone

I've used this on dry skin and wet skin. On wet skin it works almost like a dry oil and becomes very thin. It's absorbed almost instantly on my skin as opposed to Baby Oil Gel which has to be mixed with another product or it will sit on my skin until it's rubbed off by my clothes. I used this gel then followed up with the Palmers' lotion on my arms & legs. I found that my skin doesn't seem dry, but it's not as moisturized as it usually is with the lotion. Like it may be blocked by the gel? Not sure, but it's not that great - regular baby oil, baby oil gel, and other natural oils seem to work better than this.

On dry skin it was absorbed a little more slowly, but still wasn't as greasy as it's other gel or oil counterparts. It left a nice sheen and the skin felt a little more moisturized than it did before use.

I wouldn't purchase this again, but maybe recommend it to someone who has pretty much normal - not dry - skin for a little sheen. Would probably be nice to use for an evening out in the summer time. It adds the sheen of baby oil gel without the greasiness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Aisaka

I saw this product and thought I would give it a try since it also has vitamin E. I agree it is thicker than regular oil.
The smell is not so great but you can get use to it.
It would work best on dry skin/dry climates. I use it after a hot shower at night. During the morning it has absorbed and my skin feels well moisturized. I wouldn't mind purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This says its a gel but really goes onto your skin a little thicker than an oil. Its too moisturising for me. It smells ok. Not the best Palmers have come up with. It takes a very very long time for my skin to absorb it, lotions and creams work better than gels or oils for me. I also don't really like the feel of the gel or any oils so all in all i wouldn't buy it again but i think it would be good for dry skinned people or during winter or drying months or climates.