October 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Blush - Meow Cosmetics - Lush Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

FINALLY, a blush that is *dewy*. Not shiny. Not glittery. DEWY. I love Meow's blushes, the Lush blushes especially as they impart a healthy glow without looking greasy or a glitterbomb. Those who had a problem with Meow's Taboo blushes or other formulations looking too shiny should try the Lush blushes. Took a lippy off though as Meow's site doesn't have true-to-life swatches, so you'll have to buy a bunch a samples and see if the color works on you. You need very little of the blush to be effective, however, so even the sample should last many applications. My favorite is Feline-Be-Mine, a corally-pinkish-red that's quite flattering against my tan skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you're already pale like me and don't want clown cheeks, Meow is definitely the way to go. A touch of blush makes a big difference on my skin and takes me from corpse to alive. I didn't think it was possible, but it is!

I already use their original blush in "Finicky" but I received a sample of Meow's Lush blush in "Incatuation" and I'm sold! This is a pale pink, almost as pale as my skin already is, but that turned out to be a good thing. My cheeks get a nice touch of color that makes me look awake instead of like I've been running for the past half hour. I highly recommend this particular color to other pale people! If I hadn't received it as a sample first, I probably would have written it off as more of a highlight. But no, I got that porcelain doll look I love so much without looking flat like, well, a porcelain doll.

The formula is also lovely. It really is silky and glides on easily without having to buff or wipe any of it off. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I'll be buying a 20g jar of this next time I make a Meow order!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by NoelMarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am new to wearing blush - my skin has a natural pink flush and I never felt that I needed to wear additional color. After receiving samples of Meow's Lush Blush in an order, I gave it a try and I have to admit that a little of the right color applied on the right spot really makes a difference. Kitty Love (a medium rose with cherry undertones) and Wanton (a pomegranate shade) are my favorites thus far. The formula has a gorgeous shimmer (not sparkly) and blends beautifully with contour powder and cheekbone highlighter on top of my mineral foundation. The sample sizes are generous and since I use such a small amount, they will last me for quit a while. I plan to purchase a full size once my samples are gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

I am a huge fan of Meow Cosmetics. The company is great, their products are great and I love cats so it is all great. I like their Lush Blush line BUT I prefer their regular Blush collection a little better. The Lush blushes provide a sheen that on my large pored skin, highlight the negatives too much (pores look huge). If you have smooth skin, these would be great and reflect a lot of pretty colors in the light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by apbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

meow blushes are lovely in general. well pigmented, creamy, etc.

texture;
lush blushes really steps up the game. it has the most amazing and unique consistency out of any blush I've ever tried. it is a finely milled powder/mineral blush that is just a particle away from being a mousse; it is SO cream-cream-creamy. I use a small spatula to pick up the product and place it in a mixing bowl and it doesn't fly around like powder is wont to do. because of its creamy texture, lush blush basically sticks to the spatula and I have to tap it into the bowl.

IMO it's worth getting a sample of this solely to play with the texture.

colors;
there is a decent range of colors, but nothing very bold or dark. the two samples that I have are In-cat-uation and Kitty Love. These are shimmery (not so much glittery) near metallic shades. it blends very well because of its texture and it never looks heavy. I love to use these as a blush and highlighter in one. The colors are a little pale for my NC35-40 skin but I prefer it that way.

finish;
it has a beautiful sheer and dewy "glow from within" finish. it is shimmery but not chunky sparkly/glittery. some lean towards a metallic finish.

the company;
lovely e-tailer with an emphasis on "fun". they have a forum with helpful members that are willing to recommend colors and shades for you if you ask. The only downside is samples come in baggies instead of mini-jars, but as I use a spatula+bowl for all my minerals it's not too big of an issue.

I want to get a bunch more samples...