Maybelline Color Sensational Lipliner in Clear

4.4

on 7/5/2015 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

These can get crushed in the mail if you order them online. For the price, this is one of the best clear lip liners that I've used. It has a smooth texture and definitely helps prevent feathering. I generally use this if I want to wear an unconventional lip colour like blue or green or I just use it for colors I don't have a matching liner for.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never used lipliner till this, and what a difference it makes. Even with bold shades of lipstick, this really aids in preventing feathering, and smearing of the lipstick. I'm probably never going to buy any shade of lip liner as this does the job of all of them. I wish it was retractable instead of a pencil though.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm the odd one out here but this clear lipliner didn't work well for me at all. I used as recommended, lining my lips on the outside before applying lippy. Caused any lip product I used it with to feather & smudge! Also used it like a traditional lipliner and it made lipstick application patchy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bust this lip liner out whenever i want to wear a bold shade. To prevent feathering, I like to line the outside of my lips first. Then ill use a colored lip liner to line and fill in my lips.

on 5/2/2013 10:18:00 PM

Found this for about $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond, couldn't find in store anywhere else! Works as well as my Urban Decay clear lip liner in Ozone. Will repurchase!

on 4/18/2013 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for $4.99 in the colour nude. I didn't have a liner that I could wear with all lipsticks or just a really nice nude to wear on its own so I decided to try this one and I love it so, so much. I have worn this lip liner once on its own and quite a few times with lipstick now and it seriously lasts all day- you will not need to reapply regardless of eating and drinking. The colour is a deeper nude which I like since I am pale and really pale nudes tend to wash me out. I have incredibly pigmented lips and this helps to tone then down a lot. I really enjoy how while this lipliner isn't moisturizing (none are), it doesn't dry my lips out either and if I put a chapstick on underneath my lips feel incredibly moisturized. This is a great lipstick and I highly recommend it!

on 1/16/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Thank you to all the MUAers who reviewed this little gem! I found it at my local Walgreens and used it today. It is indeed very effective for preventing lipstick bleeding, and also for applying before a colored lipliner to keep it in place. In fact, it works as well as my Chantecaille Lip Contour Fill--for $23 less. This will be a staple in my makeup kit from now on!

on 12/18/2012 1:32:00 PM

I got this lip liner in a different color and purchased it at a local counter, it is retailed at almost 20 dollars here in Switzerland, what a rip-off. But it's really a good lipliner, very easy to apply and good color selection. I think i will repurchase it but I might go for somewhere else. Americans should never complain about the products price because they can always get thing at priviledged prices:)

on 10/2/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lip liners in general are usually one of the last makeup items I even think about purchasing. I've just never really had the use for lip liners and when I would try to use one, I'd always get the color wrong. Nude ones made my lips look dead, I could never figure out what shade of red to get, pink ones would either be too light or too bright...I just really sucked at the lip liner game.
I had a Maybelline lip product coupon that was about to expire, so I was standing there trying to pick out a lipstick and of course there were about 1000 to choose from. I started looking at lip liners and noticed there was a clear version--and I swear it was a "lightbulb over the head" moment. Why on earth had I never thought to try a clear lip liner? (Answer: Because I didn't realize they existed, lol).
So I bought it. And it was love at first use. I like that I can use it under anything--lipsticks, stains, glosses, even tinted lip balm. I don't have to worry about getting the color right, it prevents bleeding (a problem with some of my darker lipglosses), and it extends the wear. It's not drying, and it's not moisturizing either--it simply provides a nice base for lip products to stick to.
I have discovered a HG lip product for me. I like the Maybelline one...with the coupon it was a little over 3 bucks, so that's not too bad. I do notice that it requires sharpening quite often, which could be kind of a hassle for on-the-go (yep, I like it that much that I'm getting one for its own spot in my purse), but I think it's worth it if I never have to fret over what color of lip liner I need to buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this lipliner. I have to say I typically detest Maybelline products. When I first read about this lipliner, I was skeptical. Recently I've been experimenting with red lipstick. For example, I have been wearing Boots No7 Stay Perfect in Cherry, lined with Rimmel Red Diva, after seeing Lisa Eldridge use these two products in a recent video. I love the look (see pics in my profile), but I've had problems with the products migrating outside my lip lines, smudging, and so on. Typically when I apply red liner and/or red lipstick, I accidentally go outside the lines of my lips or smudge it or something else atrocious that takes twice as long to fix. I have none of these problems when I use this Clear liner first. The lipliner in Clear applies smoothly and doesn't tug or feel dry (conversely, it doesn't feel moisturizing either). It doesn't change the color of my lips, and it actually seems to make l/s application easier. I guess the best way to think of it is like a clear foundation for your other lip products--it gives a "grip" to your lips so that the other products go on smoothly. No more accidentally coloring outside the lines or smudging! It also seems to help my lip products last much longer. I wore my red look for over 4 hours yesterday with minimal wear, and today I wore the Clear liner with Bobbi Brown l/s in Pink for several hours as well. I love this lipliner and would gladly purchase again and again!!