September 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - Retexturing Activator

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by baroquep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this as when I started the Retinal 0.5 by Skinceuticals, my face was peeling a lot and thought this would help out with the exfoliation process. Big mistake!!! Maybe it is because my skin is older, but this serum made the skin on my cheeks, as well as the skin below my eyes wrinkle up like a prune. Seriously, the skin wrinkled up so badly, it looked like I'd aged 10 years in a matter of weeks. Thankfully, once I stopped using this product, my skin slowly returned to normal. I simply can't recommend this for more mature skin. In fact, if this serum dries up mature skin, imagine that over time, it would eventually do the same to younger skin. Will never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

holy grail. god sent. it really changes the texture of your skin. your face is left noticeably more soft, more delicate, it glows. it smells like nothing which i like, yet works effectively. only use at night, and i switch using this with the blemish+age defense serum at night

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you can use AHA, BHA, retinoids and strong peels and your skin is used to exfoliation, you´ll probably be dissappointed by this product.

If you have sensitive skin like I have, this might be a HG product for you.

My skin is oily to combo, dehydrated, sensitive, acne-prone with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. Needless to say that harsh peelings or acids are a big no-no for my skin.

But my skin is very clog prone, my skin texture is uneven and my skin was generally dull and lifeless.

Exfoliation is a must for me, but I need the most gentle products for exfoliation.

My skin gets very upset when I use strong peels. I once tried Origins Modern Friction and it ruined my skin by leaving it irritated, angry, red, dry and sensitized.

It´s not easy to solve this dilemma with my skintype, but a sample of the Retexturing Acitvator convinced me, that there is a way to get exfoliation even for my weird skin.

I got the sample from a Skinceuticals SA who told me this would work on clog-prone skin. I threw the sample in my bathroom cabinet and forgot about it.

This year in April, my rosacea broke out and after 2 months of burning skin and a very bad flare, my skin was a mess. I could do no real skincare routine or extraction by an esthetician and was desperate as my skin looked bad.

I fond the sample one day, read the ingredients and dared to try it.

This was amazing. My hyper-sensitive rosacea skin loved this product and never go upset. The dullness and dehydration went away and my skin got visibly better.

I use it at night after I cleansed my face. I put 3 drops on damp skin, let it sink in and apply my moisturizer afterwards.

A word of warning here: The serum can be sticky on the skin, especially when you use too much of it. As I use it in nighttime this is no concern for me. I even love to slather it on when my skin needs some extra pampering and enjoy the thick sticky feeling as I know I wake up with plump skin.

The hydration you get from this serum is amazing. I own the Hydrating B5 serum too, but for nighttime, I prefer the Retexturing Activator as I wake up with deeply hydrated skin.

The Retexturing Activator helps removing the dead cells while at the same time delivering loads of moisture to the skin.The markting claim the company makes is true at least for my skin.

The effect for me is glowing skin with a nice surface and my skin just looks better. It´s hard to explain, but the skin looks moist and feels baby soft after using this.

For daytime, I prefer the Hydrating B5 serum in wintertime and the Phyto Corrective in summertime. The combo seems to work well for my finicky skin.

The first time I used it, I felt the hydration, but no amelioration in my skin texture. This came after a few weeks of use.

It takes some time to work as it is so gentle, so don´t expect overnight results. It would be a contradiction as strong products often show immediate results while more gentle products deliver long time results.

Now, don´t misunderstand me: My skin will always be clog-prone and breakout prone, but this serum helps my skin to look the best way possible. And my perpetually dehydrated skin looks plump and healthy with this serum.

This product is expensive. Period. No way to sugar-coat the ridiculously high price. But my exfoliation products (the other one is the Kanebo Silk Peel Powder) are the most expensive skincare items as my skin is so sensitive yet needs exfoliation.

I will definitely buy this again as it is one of my HG.

I recommend this to people with sensitive skin who cannot use strong peels or acids.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Silverspoon1450

Great product! Makes face glow and makes makeup go on easier. Will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BodyBar

As far as exfoliating products go, this one doesn't really feel like much is going on with the skin. I know that the results surpass a 20% daily glycolic over time but it doesn't irritate at all.

One thing I really like about this product as it has a light hydration feel to it but feels amazing on oily skin. It's really hard to find products like that for oily skin.

I find this product very similar to the hydrating B5 gel (hylaronic acid) but this one gives you a nice glow when you put it on. If you have acne this one may not be enough....go for the blemish and age, I tried that one and it really exfoliates and kills acne at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by LuluBr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have started using SkinCeuticals products only recently and they are amazing. My skin is dry and very sensitive and I was looking for an exfoliant that was effective, but not harsh. Manual scrubs are too harsh for my skin and AHAs are not an option as my skin goes totally crazy. I cannot use glycholic acid. So I bumped into this product. At first I got a sample at the local pharmacy as I was not sure whether it would have been too harsh: so glad I have tried it as it does really work. I use about 4 drops every night (3 for my face and one for the neck). After about a week I have noticed a more radiant skin. I have minor imperfections (some superficial marks left by a couple of blemishes) and they are slowly disappearing. It takes a little bit of time to see results, so do not expect overnight miracles. It does not have a nasty scent (unlike the CE ferulic). It comes in a bottle with a dropper, which I do not like. I would prefer an airtight container. The only downside is the price of the product, extortionate for 30ml. But I have not tried anything better when it comes to a product that it delicately exfoliates my skin and hydrates it at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by brianah93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that i have combination skin..oily spots(t-zone*especially my nose* my chin, eyelids) and dry patches galore...quite annoying..i live in Miami where it is humid around the clock and hot also. reg. Moisturizers leave me too oily...moisturizers recommended for dry skin are not enough..THIS STUFF IS AMAZING...the glycolic acid is not as abrassive as a reg. glycolic acid peel...it exfoliates gradually..leaving u with new layers of bright and youthful skin. the moisturizing qualities of this is amazing...u will gradually see urself skipping a moisturizer period even though this isnt marketed to be one. IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN AND STILL WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF HAVING MOISTURIZED AND GENTLY EXFOLIATED SKIN..try using this only during the nights and during ur down time..even though my skin is combination...if i wear this alone without a primer it looks like i have pools of oil on my face on some days and on others i have a dewy, glowing look..but i always try to wear primer just in case...anything could happen..if u have a night time and day time routine..try this in ur night time routine and wake up with beautiful, moisturized, firm, uplifted skin *lol i sound like a commercial*

P.S. THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! IT IS HIGHLY CONCENTRATED. IF UR SKIN FEELS STICKY, OR FEELS STIFF TO THE TOUCH ITS BECAUSE YOU'VE USED TOO MUCH PRODUCT. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT 3-5 DROPS BE USED FOR FACE AND DCOLLET ALONE..THIS IS NOTHING TO SLATHER ON..YOU WOULD BE WASTING PRODUCT. I MYSELF USE 2-3 DROPS ON MY FACE ALONE!
CIAO!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My aesthetician recommended I try this in April. Trusting her judgement, I ordered a sample-sized bottle on eBay. My skin felt smoother and better hydrated, so I ordered a full bottle after going through sample (2-3 weeks). My skin continues to love the serum, and I've actually stopped using my moisturizer (I use this + La Roche-Posay sunscreen).

Because the product is a little pricey, I procrastinated in ordering a second bottle when the first ran out (5ish months). I was out for a week before the new bottle arrived, and my skin texture and clarity was noticeably worse when I stopped using it. I will ensure that doesn't happen again!

Incidentally, I recently discovered my sister uses the same serum. Her skin is naturally less sensitive and acne prone than mine, but she also raves about how well this serum works for her.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for a week and luckily I only purchased the trial size on amazon for $27. I have oily acne prone skin and this has made my skin sticky and more oily. I have tried it at night and it is not so bad but I cannot use it during the day. I haven't noticed any changes in my skin. I'm not seeing hype.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this caused significant breakouts to the point of scarring on my cheeks. The cysts stopped as soon as I discontinued using this, but they are taking a long time to heal. For a professional person in their 30s (well for anyone, for that matter), whitehead cysts that leave scars are humiliating and distressing. This was also a very expensive product. Another unfortunate fail for Skinceuticals, it does not seem to be designed for sensitive skin. For example, the night cream for oily skin and the Equalizing Toner are formulated with orange oil, which causes severe breakouts for me. Too bad!