August 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Cleansers - DERMAdoctor - Wrinkle Revenge 2 Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Was excited to try this due to the glowing reviews but unfortunately it didn't meet the expectations. I've used several AHA cleansers before (from 10% to 20% AHA) and this cleanser was just slightly too drying for my skin. It also seemed to cause more breakouts, even after a month of use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 weeks, and am very happy with it. I started using this right off, skipping the level-1 cleanser, since I have been using another AHA/BHA product for the past year or so. At first I was unsure how I liked this cleanser, because it seemed *too* gentle. However, the gentleness makes it the perfect cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. I first remove my makeup with a Dermalogica oil. Then I spread some of the cleansing cream on my face with a little water, hit it with the Clarisonic, and follow with an MD Forte glycolic lotion and a moisturizer with SPF. My skin looks so radiant and clear, and the texture is greatly improved. My sister has been using a similar cleanser from MD Forte for years, and her skin is amazing, so I will try this regimen for a while and see what it does for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

This is amazing. Improvements in my skin after the first day. Although quite expensive you only need to use a small bit and I use it over my body. I don't have many wrinkles, maybe just the very first stages and this has made a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Using this wash has been rewarding. After 2 months I have noticed some lightening of brown spots and overall it has brightened my complexion. At first, I used this every other day and then realized that for more results, I should use it everyday. Improvement! Sometimes I use it morning and night and at other times, morning only. For a real workout, use it with a Clarisonic. Wow! This is something I only do every couple of weeks using it as a deeper treatment. Apply a lot to your face if you are using the Clarisonic so you do not end up with the brush on dry skin. Otherwise, you do not need a lot to do the job. For what it does, I feel like you get tons of product for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this face wash. I use it every night after i take my make up off. It feels great, very rich and creamy. Clears up my black heads too which is my biggest complaint about my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by msamandamc

This stuff is AWESOME!! In general I am always afraid to try new products because my face is so senstive. After reading the reviews I decided to go for the purchase. I can honestly say that I have a few pores that are large and they have substanially shrunk and my fines lines are less noticeable. It also leaves your face feeling very smooth. Only downfall that this is a cream facial wash and I do initally wash my face with tea tree oatmeal soap to get all the makeup off first otherwise it still feels a little greasy. However, I do not care because this it a fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by earok

Great stuff, when I run out for a few days I can tell a difference immediately. Makes my combination skin feel soft and clean, doesn't make it look red or irritated. Used in combination with the Dermadoctor retinol product, my skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser makes me look forward to washing my face. It gives my skin an incredibly fresh, smooth feeling, and I feel so refreshed. It rinses beautifully, and leaves my skin so soft and clear. I use this cleanser as my "AHA" exfoliator, and when I've run out, I've noticed my skin starts misbehaving within a day or two. While this is marketed as a "wrinkle" product, it really helps with adult acne and hormonal cystic eruptions. It's also superb for keeping pores cleaned out, but it's remarkably gentle. I used Wrinkle Revenge 3 (20% glycolic acid) for a long time, but after using Poetry in Lotion Retinol once a day for over a year, I've found I don't need the heavy duty AHAs of Wrinkle Revenge 3, and Wrinkle Revenge 2 (15% glycolic acid) is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Clairabell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser in Sephora about a month ago when I ran out of my usual glycolic cleanser (MD formulations).

At first I suspected that it might just be a slightly more expensive product in a smaller tube - but the texture is thick & luxurious so you only need a really small amount (the size of 2-3 peas) to cleanse your whole face. As a result the tube seems to be lasting quite well.

In terms of performance - it definitely matches up to MD formulations. Very nice to use and leaves my face feeling clean, refreshed & without the clogged pores that plague me when I use a non-glycolic cleanser. I apply a little blob with my fingers & then follow up with my Clarisonic - before rinsing with warm water. It really provides a great smooth basis for applying daily moisturiser & foundation.

This type of squeeze tube usually ends up squeezing itself into my suitcase so when I travel I'll probably transfer it to a sturdy little Nalgene bottle - but at home, it's nice & easy to stand next to the bathroom sink. My only complaint is the name - it's a fair enough claim (since glycolic does seem to help against fine lines) but I'm not sure I want to announce my battle with wrinkles to all visitors who use our bathroom!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by heddystar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome for unclogging congested skin. Gentle, creamy not stingy, no horrific smell. I usually put it on dry skin, let it sit for a minute and then use an old electric toothbrush on it (gross, I know- poor lady's Clarisonic) It is the best thing I've found that has helped clear up old scars and hyperpigmentation, unclog pores and not cause a rebound over drying reaction. I hope to never be without it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No