Skinn Cosmetics orchid gel primer

3.9

This stuff smells like HEAVEN. Some kind of perfumy nice smell. And it goes on so smooth and buttery. I ADORE it. However, as a primer UNDER makeup, it’s dismal. It adds another layer to your makeup routine and for some reason no matter how much or how little you use, it won’t mesh with any kind of foundation makeup, thus resulting in chunks of makeup balls falling of your face no matter how you blend it all in—brush, damp brush, makeup sponge, etc—nothing gets this stuff to mesh with foundation and not ball-up. On it’s own, if your skin if half-way decent, you can wear it by itself and go out in public looking polished and pretty. However, pale girls note, you will look even more pale—like DEAD pale if you wear this without foundation. The orchid is meant to color correct sallow skin, but instead robs pale girls of all color so you wind up looking like a vamp…not cool L But it does smell super amazingly nice, and it feels like heaven on the skin, so try it and maybe you can come up with a way to get it to actually BE primer under makeup and not ball up…I’ve had no luck, but maybe someone else an figure it out. I love it for the heavenly smell alone, and if I’m just running errands and don’t want a face-full of makeup, I don’t mind using this and looking like a ghost—at least I’m a ghost with perfect skin! Lol

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. I just bought it last month as it came in a kit. It is a flesh color and I use it for my primer then put on a foundation powder very lightly. It takes little time to fix myself with this product and love the way it makes my skin look and feel.

I didn't like the feeling of it on my skin. Besides, I don't like a matte finish, I like some glow. It felt like it was smothering my skin, and it felt weird, I had to wipe it off, and send it back to SHOP HQ.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best silicone primer on the market today!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am 48 years old and with the orchid gel, my foundation goes on smoothly and evenly. My foundation stays in place all day. It blurs the pours in my skin. The secret is a little goes a long way. I use mine over my moisturizer. A little goes a long way. I have tried other primers such as Two Faced, Tarte and E.LF..but I love the Orchid Gel

My sister and I are suckers for Dimi and have bought many of his packs.

I have used both Orchid Mattefying Day Treatment Seal - AM and Orchid Gel Tint in Bright Side. They both have the same smooth, slippery texture and are easy enough to apply.

I have not experienced the "balling up" problem that other users have mentioned.

For "Orchid Mattefying Day Treatment Seal - AM" I would normally just apply over normal moisturiser. It is a bit weird as it looks like purple goop in the pot and feels totally bizzare to touch as it is a siliconey type thing rather than a cream. It gives a soft matt finish which lasts for a decent chunk of the day - my skin would probably go back to looking normal at about 3pm on a normal 9-5 type day (as opposed to looking a bit oily by then). It's nice enough stuff, you could probably use it in junction with the Plasma Flawless Finish compact (it's a kind of cakey version of this stuff I guess) for touch ups during the day.

"Orchid Gel Tint in Bright Side" makes me terribly angry. It is the same stuff but with a tint in it. I thought it would be awesome after liking the "Mattefying Day Treatment Seal" so I could skip using BB cream or whatever. Boy was I wrong. It still goes on nicely and has the soft feel to it but it ALWAYS finds some rough patch of skin on my face and sticks in it. I am pretty good with exfoliation but thought maybe it was a once off but it happens everytime I have tried to use this stuff, regardless of how well I have prepped my skin beforehand. Its like it is playing with me. And I don't have this problem with any other tinted products, so this one has been chucked.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I had high hopes for this because I'm an oily girl and a sucker for any thing that says mattifying.
The Orchid Gel just didn't live up to its promise. It balled up on my face when I applied it. It clogged my pores. I was just an all around disappointing product.
The only thing nice about it is the pretty pink color.
I will definitely NOT be repurchasing.

I have been using this for about 3 months. It has never clogged my pores, nor balled up on my face. It applies like silk. I use the orchid gel bright side. If I am staying home I don't even wear foundation over it. I wouldn't be without it.

I have been using the Orchid Gel Primer for a few years and will not be without it. Most of the time I only use concealer around my eyes and nose and blush and my face is ready to go for the day--I get compliments on my skin when I use this product--

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I dont mind this as a primer. When I first put it on it balled into little purple balls on my face. I worked out that it had to be massaged in a little better. I live in the hot and humid tropics and suffer for terribly oily skin and this primer works well as a canvas for my make up. It keeps the oil at bay for a few hours (which is good living in the humidity!). I have two jars and it lasts for a very long time and works well. I would repurchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors