Skinn Cosmetics eye shadow palettes

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While most of these colors are fabulous in the case, I find that the pigments don't hold up so well. I can put this on in the morning when I leave for work and find that by the time I get home at 4 or so there's almost nothing left on my eyelids....even with an expensive primer!

I really like the packaging, though, and think Skinn has a great grasp of what colors go well together, but the product needs a bit more staying power for my taste.

Skinn patina eyeshadows twilight sky
Very silky and pretty colors, however they are all very cool-toned, so if you are tan or have a warm complexion, you most likely won’t like them very much. A couple of them work great as eyeliner—add a drop of eyedros or contact lens solution and use a brush to apply. Line lasts all day and stays a pretty shade, which ever you choose. The lightest makes a rad highlighter for the inner corner of your eyes. Here’s the catch though, as a all-over-the-lid color, all of them are sucky! They’re either too dark or too light—the colors are pretty, but unless you are very cool-undertoned, they’ll look lousy…and the even bigger suckage is that they crease like nobody’s business!! I’ve tried 3 different lid primers and none of them helped the creasing. They make your eyelids look dry and old no matter your age or how oily you are. The case is really cute and looks high-end, just the product sucks. Overall, I’m just glad it was free with the eye cream or I’d never buy them.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The review is for Skinn Desert Glimmer eyeshadow palette. I love the colors They are nudes and light colors as well as light to dark browns. There are 12 colors. For the price this was a bargain for sure. I buy all my Skinn Cosmetics in kits so this was one of 3 items I received. I do love these colors. I use the light colors for eyeshadow and the very darker two to as liners for my eyes. You can put a small dot of water and use them as wet liners if you wish. I am very satisfied with all colors. They have staying power. When I use the darker colors as liner they last.
I also have Skinn Rosette eye shadow as I bought this one in a kit too. love them both

This review is for the "Palette of Perfection Must Haves" and the "Bronze Goddess Collection".

First, the Must Haves. The kit comes in a nice kit! The eyeshadows go on smooth, and have a wonderful pigmentation. I've seen several complaints about how they don't have enough color. I can only guess that it has been reformulated. I apply mine with a brush and get a wonderful, full, coverage that lasts all day. No creasing, fading, or crepe-y look! The kit has everything you need to achieve a great look, day or night.

The Bronze Goddess Collection is a great compliment to the Must Haves. The skin illuminizer gives a nice healthy glow without feeling heavy or oily. I can't say enough about the smudge sticks! They are waterproof and stay put all day. I love the way they glide on, smudge to a smokey eye, or use for full coverage eyeshadow. The lipstick/gloss duos are wonderful and have pretty good staying power as well. No heavy, sticky feel to them. After consistently using them for a week or more, I have noticed a difference in the softness of my lips.

I really can't say enough about these products! The only downfall is the price. Their products are pretty pricy. I wear makeup every day and they last quite a while. I am very pleased with them!

I first heard of Skinn Cosmetics through Lucky Magazine and I have bought several since. I am reviewing the Romantics Palette. The palette varies in many shades from a darker grey to a light turquoise. The shadows are talc-free so they don't crease or give you the crepey look.

I applied a light shade of pink. I had to use a few swipes to get full coverage. It had long wear (8 hrs) but my eyes did crepe a little bit. You will most likely have to reapply. I kinda have oily lids so I may have to try a base.

The SECOND palette I purchased was a palette from the CAPRI collection of gold ranging from a sheer white gold to a darker gold. These shadows are baked and they are not the greatest. To apply you have to use a lot and even then hardly any color shows up. Only the shimmer or glitter in the shadows appeared. Also there are 3 based shadows in this kit: an ivory, taupe, and dark chocolate brown color. These are pigments and last longer. Also this kit came with "eyeshadow affixer" which changes the eyeshadow from powder to a liquid eyeliner. This does work, but once again you get more shimmer or glitter than you do actual color. Comes in a circular palette.

The THIRD kit I purchased was called Pretty Eyes. It included 3 eyeliners: indigo, black, and deep brown. One SKINN mascara in pitch black and the Irresistables patina palette. I did a swatch of the colors and some appeared really light and others dark. You definitely have to use a lot to get full coverage. I will buy the mascara and eyeliners again which last a really long time and are easy to work with, but not the shadows.

They have a wide variety of colors, but I think they need to be highly more pigmented. I don't think I will buy these again. They costs a lot of money and it does not do the job for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this for free from a friend to try out Skinn products but the eyeshadows I dont like too much. They look like shimmer so you have to use a lot to really see any color

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like alot of SKINN products but the eyeshadow palettes just did not work for me. They colors go on so light- many of them just do not have enough pigmentation in them. Plus they all have a sheen to them which just sinks into the over-40 eye area looking crepey.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this eye shadow kit called SKINN Luxe Premier Eyeshaodws in Moderns. This palette contains 12 eyeshadows, this costs about $32 on skinn website, but I got this in a kit so it was a steal. These eyeshadows are similar to Loreal Quality, I think Stila, MAC and Estee Lauder have a more velvety finish. These are very silky, shimmery, and actually show up on my medium skintone however, some of these lighter colors: the light beige, the taupe, grey, and blue all look white on me, I wished they were actually showed up more accurately as the pot color. These are alot of eyeshadows I dont need to purchase this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brand started by makeup artist Demitri Jones started as a skin care line. He has now introduced colored cosmetics with a twist...most of his cosmetics have ingredients help your skin as well as wonderful pigmentations. His eyeshadows are supposed to be collegen boosting....I am not sure about this...however no talc is used so you can be sure it wont make crepey eyes look worse. I absolutely love the colours and the softness and staying power. These products are only sold online at this time and on some shopping channel networks. I find myself reaching for these e/s almost as much as my beloved MAC and Stila products. If you have a chance give these a try....they are wonderful!!!