July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Second Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AnneyD

This is by far my most purchased foundation, I have tried a variety of different foundations but always seem to return to this one. I would describe this foundation as a light, buildable to medium coverage foundation. I have a lot of discolouration on my face but cannot stand wearing heavy full coverage foundations, but I find that this gives me just enough coverage to feel confident about my skin. With many other foundations I have found that around my mouth and nose it becomes obvious that Im wearing make-up but I have not found this to be the case with this foundation and that it blends well with my skin.

Pros- lightweight feel, blendable, relatively inexpensive, does not aggravate my skin (prone to breakouts), no oxidisation, does not dry the skin out
    Cons- does not have much longevity so a good primer or setting spray may be necessary, the shade selection is not good

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by bentalksaboutbeauty

This my first foundation and I should say I love it

it gives a really natural result on my skin, but I do have to use primer ( L`oreal) because It does transfer :(

I think you really need to invest for a good primer If you would buy this product,especially if you live in humid area

I`ll try the Laneige cushion bb cream If I finish the bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by NinaBurian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been using this for such a long time and now I came back to this great product. Its light, the coverage is sufficient for me (I have no skin problems) and also I can find a good shade for me, meybe because I have quite darker skintone... But the most amazing thing is that it is not noticable on your skin. I have tried so many foundations and each of them I could see on my nose and around, especially in the winter when you have runny nose, and this foudation you apply and there it leaves just no traces at all.... thats brilliant. I would definately recommend it! You can compare it even to much more expensive foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Kate1011

I know that this product does not have have that many good reviews but this is the best foundatiion I have ever tried! It looks natural on me and lasts all day. Really love this foundation, and its not that expensive! The only downside is that it deos not have spf in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Kontaktus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This would be a great foundation if there was a much better shade selection. I have never had problems colour-matching with ANY brands before, but for some reason with this one they always ran either too pale or too dark.
    I love the texture, and I loved the finish of this. I did have some issues with oxidisation with the darker shades, but on the paler ones there was no issue there. Would definitely recommend it to someone who could match their skin tone!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by nallaharas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a shame! It had all the workings of a nice foundation, good coverage, good shade, sits nicely on the skin. But I won't abide oxidation - & this oxidises in weird patches and ends up looking streaky and by the end of the day you can see all of your flaws but now they're magnified by the collection of pigments in certain areas. I bought this because I've been looking for a thinner liquid foundation that provides the same kind of coverage as a cream foundation. I was sick of feeling like I could see a 'layer' on my skin - the consistency of this is great but doesn't mean squat at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mbradleyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe I was expecting too much from this foundation, but I wasn't blown away by this at all. I bought the correct shade to match my skin tone, but left my face feeling and looking dirty. And provides no even coverage at all. I only purchased this as I couldn't get hold of my usual foundation, and assumed this one would be really good quality. I think I will be going back to my old foundation in future!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my foundation. The best I've tried yet. I hate foundations that look great from afar, but are flaky and powdery up close. I think it's disgusting looking. But this is completely brilliant. It doesn't even look like you've got foundation. No matter how close you get to the mirror. It does oxidise slightly, but it's okay if you have a slight tan. Just blend it right. This foundation is kind of drying - amazing for me because I have oily skin and need reverse moisturization. At the end of the day though if you have a spot it will collect around it and it does seem to wear off. If you're always re-applying though it will be fine for you, I just don't have time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to like this foundation till i started using Oriflame's Giordani Gold Mineral Therapy foundation. I found out that my skin wasnt the reason why this foundation never looked perfect. it was always close to perfect though! above the mouth and between the brows there was always this flakiness, although i moisturized real well. on the positive side,it doesnt become oily during the day too much and it did blend well with my coloring but when i use it now, it kinda stings i dont know why. besides one has to shake it even if you use it every day as the color separates.
    No repurchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by MaryKate88

Since I have oily/combination skin I like foundations with a natural and matte finish. Well this foundation promotes a second skin effect so I gave it a try. While this foundation doesn't provide much coverage but for an everyday casual (and natural!) make-up I would definitely recommend this one. Use concealer to hide the imperfections and then use this foundation for a flawless finish.

Pro's:
    - hygienic bottle with a pump
    - really light
    - natural looking effect
    - hydrating yet doesn't make your skin oily

Con's: