November 23, 2014 | 864 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Regenerist DNA superstructure UV cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I pretty much buy everything because Paula Begoun says so. She gave this her best review rating because of the antioxidants and high SPF etc.

However, I have dry/dehydrated/sensitive skin and this isn't moisturising enough for me - especially compared to Olay Total Effects Fragrance Free. Also, the smell, although not unpleasant, is really strong, and slightly irritating for my sensitive skin.

So those of you with drier skin types I recommend you try the Total Effects Fragrance Free, it's much more moisturising and no smell!

EDIT: So I can probably forgive the smell for the great results, people have been commenting on how great my skin is looking, changed to yes I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JIGSAW79

BEWARE! I had high hopes as I usually like Olay, but it caused a burning sensation every time I applied. I have sensitive skin, and haven't experienced this reaction from any other moisturizers ( I have tried lots).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a great product for me. I bought mine actually awhile ago but because I was living in Paris where the air and water are very different from Chicago, this was way too greasy and never sank in properly. Here in Chicago though, it's terrific. The formula comes out in a pump and is very, very dense. There is a slight white cast but it goes away when you work the product into your skin which I highly recommend. It takes a moment to absorb (I brush my teeth in the meantime) and then for the summer, a light dusting of a sheer powder over concealer and I'm set. In the heat, anything more will melt off. The SPF 30 is good protection and a high SPF is really the best anti-aging weapon that you can get without a prescription for something stronger. I'm very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This works the same as the serum. I got it because of the SPF. After a few days of using it, my skin has become smoother and brighter. The only thing i dont like about it is that it's very thick for my weather (Philippines). But almost all products with suncream are a bit thicker, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is not on the Olay website so I guess it is being discontinued???

I really like this. I've tried several drugstore moisturizers with sunscreen lately and this was the best of the bunch for my aging normal skin with rosacea. Probably too much moisture for oily skin types. My bottle says spf 30 not 25 and I love that it has enough spf to make me feel secure for occasional sun exposure.

It works really well under makeup and makes my skin look plumped and fresh. I also like the pump and that it's not a glass bottle like the Neutrogena one I just tried. Only thing they could improve for me is to make it fragrance free.

Price is a little high for drugstore (31 dollars and some change) but I'll pay this for something I like. Bought it at CVS with 20% off so can't really complain too much about the price--with the coupon price was about right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very moisturizing skin cream with a high SPF that will probably do a good job for those with dry skin, although it is not a good fit for me. My skin is mostly normal, but can break out, so maybe a bit on the oily side. This cream looks quite greasy/shiny upon application, whether from the SPF30 or from the moisturizing agents, I don't know. The sheen really only goes away with a dusting of powder or powder foundation. So maybe it is too much for oily skin. It didn't cause me to break-out, just looked too greasy. The chemical sunscreen did irritate my eyes quite a bit. Even keeping it away from my eyes didn't do much good as it would migrate via my eye cream. I ended up using it on my neck instead. Price is getting up there for Olay/DS product, but the pump is air-tight and keeps everything stable. I do like the high SPF, non-offensive odor, and mositurizing properties, but too much shine and an eye irritating sun-screen make this a no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic cream. My skin just after a few days looked healthier, brighter, smoother and my fine lines barely noticable, nice that it has beneficial ingredients for my skin too. It goes on easily and my make up goes on smoothly over top.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been using the Regenerist SPF 15 but decided to try this one because of the higher SPF rating, and it was on sale.
I like it a lot and plan to repurchase it. I still need to blot my oily areas after a couple of hours (no matter what product I use) so it may turnout to be too rich for the warmer weather months. For now I'm happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely moisturiser cosmetically and an effective sunscreen. I also believe I'm starting to see some long term benefits from the niacinamide. The serum in the same series broke me out (and that is very unusual for me) so I was hesitant to use this and used up at least 3 samples before buying the full product. It goes on easily, no white cast, soaks in quickly and does not leave my skin shiny at all. I do not find that make up pills on top of this. I use a tinted moisturiser, often immediately afterwards and no problems at all. I'm finding that my face is looking more rested and rosy / dewy recently and this is the newest addition to my regime. Yes I'd buy it again. Nice to find something so pleasing with spf 30.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have re-purchased this a few times using it as a sunscreen before I FINALLY tried Shiseido sunscreen and got hooked on that. DNA Superstructure never made me break out. I also never exprienced the stickiness either. I mainly bought it just for the spf 25. Now that I have discovered Shiseido sunscreen, I will likely not repurchase anymore because there are far superior moisturizers out there. The smell isn't great, but in it's defense, this is an all around ok drugstore moisturizer with spf 25.