September 30, 2014 | 1004 users online

Cleansers - Kiehl's - Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG! This cleanser has made a HUGE difference on my skin during the last 3 months.
I have always had dry, sensitive skin but within a year my skin has gotten horrible: due to hormonal changes my skin has been constantly breaking out, shining like crazy and reacting very strongly to all new products. And I have tried many, many new products hoping some of them could make my horrible, oily and pizza-like skin calm down. I have really tried everything: La Roche posay (almost every line they have: effaclar, toleriane, reddermic, hydreane, physiological), Vichy, Avene, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Neutrogena, Clinique, Clarins, Biotherm... you name it! La roche posays Effaclar and Neutrogenas Pink Grapefruit- lines worked best for me, but they also dried my skin out and made it Super duper oily. I had to buy makeup primers for oily skin, which Iīve never done before, and even they did not help me. And still, my skin was breaking out.

But, then I decided to give one last go and try Kiehlīs rare earth cleanser. I have tried the Basic cleanser (ultra facial) By Kiehlīs and my skin hated it: pimples and itchiness. But this one really made a miracle happen! In one night my oiliness was completely away. And in one week my pimples and break outs were fading away, and I didnīt get any new ones. My skin did not get dry or red, but it felt nice. Soft, healthy and (almost) glowing. I thought that it wonīt last but here I am. I am now on my second tube and I have been using this miracle cleanser for 3 months. My skin has gotten back to normal (I still get a few pimples once a month) but boy what a difference! I also use the rare earth pore minimizing lotion AM/PM, but I think the miracleworker is the cleanser.

Itīs a bit pricey (ca.20e/tube) and the tube lasts 3 months in my use, but since Iīve spent hundreds and hundreds or euros to products that do not work for me, this is a small price for my new, healthy skin.

The formula is kind of ugly, very clayish and grey, doesnīt smell at all and itīs a bit scrubby. Itīs not too scrubby, and I can use it twice a day eventhough my skin is still quite sensitive.

I donīt know why this cleanser has helped me, it just somewhat balances my Super reactive, combination, mixed, oily-dry skin and eliminates the reactions to hormonal changes. One thing is sure: I have never ever liked a cleanser as much as I do like this one. I could definetely not live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

I was looking for a clay cleanser for quite a long time, I came across keihls rare earth pore cleanser when I was shopping around in selfriges in the Trafford centre in Manchester, the sales assistant who was lovely advised that the clay cleanser was incredible for oily skin as it helps to deep cleanse clarify, and gently exfoilate. she also said that the natural earth little grainy bits are used for exfoilating and they help to decongest, I've been using this daily for a week to see how it works and so far it's amazing, my pores have been clear, my skin looks smooth and my skins a lot more matte.
I wear makeup daily but I don't use this to take off makeup I use this in my morning cleanse and it preps my skin for makeup.
This is a very good mattifying. smoothing, creamy clay cleanser that exfoilates gently.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by tiantianz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There is nothing bad about this product, but it does not produce great results either.

When I first bought it, I liked it because it's exfoliating and made my skin a bit softer, without being drying or harsh. It was also a nice change from cream cleansers because it smelled and felt really natural.

After using it for a month or so, I felt like it didn't do much to control my acne or reduce my pores. I finished the tube and went back to cream cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Rox1808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from duty free while on my holidays. It has exfoliating grains that dissolve when you wet the cleanser. It did work at first my skin felt really clean, but after a couple of months it didn't seem to do anything, although I used the cleanser and toner that i bought with it. It didn't minimize my pores, but on a plus it didn't irritate my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by rkf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many different products over the years for enlarged pores/blackheads on my nose (combination skin/T-zone troubles) and I use a Clarisonic a few times a week. This has been the only product that is calm enough that I can use daily but washes away so cleanly, and doesn't dry me out, and leaves my skin looking great immediately afterwards. Over the years, I have tried Cetaphil and other creamy cleansers from my dermatologists, and the Ceramic Slip cleanser from Sunday Riley (worked well also, but kind of pricey.) This one works just as well as the Ceramic Slip cleanser but gently exfoliates and is more reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ShebaLuv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I am now on my 3rd tube. I love how it really cleanses my skin without drying it out. I like how this has micro particles (the clay) and it feels like I clean my face better then when I use a gel cleanser.
I think this is suitable for sensitive skin.
Funny thing, my bf doesn't like to cleanse his face (I know eww right?) but since I got this he has been using it a few times a week!
I also use the Pore Minimizing Lotion and the Pore Cleansing Masque. The lotion is my favourite (I use a hydrating serum underneath).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I've used my share of peelings and scrubs along the years. I have combination/oily/very prone to blackheads and pimples/dry/sensitive.
I received few samples of this product together with other products from the same line and from Ultra Facial.
I've been using it for a while and I can say that I like it.
It leaves my skin veeery soft, clean, it doesn't dry my skin, my pores look clean (honestly I thought I found my cure in another product but this one is much better), pores look smaller and no residue. Not too gritty.
You shouldn't use 2 times a day, I think it would be too drying but once a day for me is just fine. If you have dry skin or very sensitive skin then you should use it few times a week.
Recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

I bought this on the advice of the sales assistant in Kiehls when my pale sensitive combo skin was already looking a bit spotty and sunburnt, together with the toner and spot treatment. Not a good move! After a few days my skin was very dry and sore. I tried it again later when my skin had normalised and it was still too aggressive so finished it off as a body wash. I think this stuff may be ok if you have quite oily skin but even then it's still pretty aggressive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

PROS
the title encourages you think about the Amazon....you get a moment away to an exotic land thinking about Amazonians in thongs with spears.
usable in the shower- good squirt tube
does not smell offensive
does not dry out skin
washes off face well which isn't what you would think clay would do

CONS
guilt- the amount of carbon credits to shift all of the amazonian clay to the factory- and what about the Amazonians?? what clay will they use?
no real effect on my enlarged pores- my pores are very stubborn (and yes I used the matching cleanser and masque).
its lasts and lasts and lasts which is a real drag when it doesn't do much for your face. I used it on my body just to be rid of it.

I wished I had know about Kiehls refund policy. It would have gone straight back.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

This cleanser is the best oil controlling/pore reducing cleanser I have tried. I have normal/combination so I do have a little bit of enlarged pores and blackhead on my nose and around my nose. It has a little bit of clay inside so it gives you a gently exfoliation while cleansing your face but doesn't leave it dry or tight after washing it off. The skin feels clean hydrated and clear after using it even in the winter. I have seen a big different on my nose and a significant reduction on blackheads. The size of my pores seems to be not much a difference but I am happy that now it is clean and clear meaning a lower chance of having blemishes/breakout. I have recommended this to a couple of friends (a girl and a boy) who both have oily T-zone problem and they also love this cleanser! Unless something else comes out to be more wow-ing than this one, I am going to keeping using it otherwise (I have just finished my 3rd bottle).