July 29, 2014 | 1212 users online

Sunscreen - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Sunbrellas Active Sunblock SPF40

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

After coming to understand that most of the traditional sunblock brands (Aveda, Neutrogena, Coppertone, etc.) are made largely of carcinogenic poisons and factoring in that many of them are lying about their SPF I decided to switch to a natural sunblock.

As a melanoma survivor I take sunscreen super seriously; I also have two kids I have to protect so I need something that works, doesn't cause cancer or contain estrogen, and something that won't break the bank. Jason Sunbrellas totally fits the bill.

So far we have used it camping, at the beach, and at the pool and it has not let us down. We live under the damn sun where it is routinely in the upper 90's in the summer and I totally trust this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great sunscreen for dry skin. It works beautifully without need for a moisturizer underneath. The price is very reasonable, and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of the added fragrance, which is strong on application but quickly dissipates. (I prefer fragrance-free products.) Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.2%, oxybenzone 5.7%, octisalate, 5.0%, octocrylene 3.7%, titanium dioxide 3.0% and zinc oxide 0.5%.