July 29, 2014 | 1955 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Umph

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this on Amazon for 2 @ $12 and it is worth it!

The ingredients all say moisture, moisture moisture!

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E

The packaging sucks due to the thickness of the product but the product is well worth putting up with.

I'm glad I finally found a product that doesn't have coconut oil involved and doesn't have protein overload.

GREAT product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have very dry curly hair that was becoming very limp and full of build up so I wanted to move towards more natural products and this was reviewed so well every where I looked so even thought it was pretty expensive (more so because I live in Canada so it had to get shipped, ugh) I thought I'd give it a try. I was worried at first because I had a bad experience with coconut oil but I was very impressed with this leave in. I've used it on wet and dry hair and both times it seems to give my hair instantly more volume, no build up, it completely sinks into my hair with no flakes or crunchiness at all!! With no silicones, sulfates, and natural ingredients I am extremely happy with this product, I would recommend it to anyone! The only complaint I have is that it is a bit hard to get out of the bottle but hey, if that's the worst that happens I'll still be happy! Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair cannot live without this! :-)

I am a fan of other SM products available ar Target and Walgreens - for some reason this product is the lone wolf on it's own only available online. I have 3 bottles in my bath closet becasue I'm scared it will be discontinued! lol

My hair is very very very fine 4 type coily and very very dry. Combatting dryness and breakage is a constant effort for me. My hair loves all of the ingredients. It moisturizes like no other. I need heavy duty moisture, without greasiness or too many oils - and this is IT. The formula is simple and it works for me!!! I like it best on dry hair, or hair lightly misted with a aloe/water spritz/refresher, before twists, or pinning up at night. I have found no other product that moisturizes my super dry hair and makes it soooo soft, with lasting moisture. It also plays well with all my other products.

It is SUPER unbelievably THICK. And it makes it a pain in the a$$ to get out of th bottle. I have to hold it upside down and bang it on the counter top edge to get it to come out! But who cares, because I love it. I recently just emptied it into a big empty jar I had and that solved that problem. :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner is a great product that I apply after deep conditioning my hair, and after it is towel dried. I apply it along with Kinky Curly Knot today since this product alone does not detangle my hair. My hair is left very soft, and I get no flaking with this product. It also smells amazing. FYI: I have natural hair that I usually press out/flat iron weekly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by jarhandastewart

Well there is another brand of Shea moisture that is exclusively at Target that is a pain to get your hands on but worth it if you can find it. Both of these products are meant for dry over-processed or/and color treated hair. I like the other Shea moisture better than this one, but it's like mission impossible to find it. Best wishes, jarhanda stewart

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I'd read good things about this leave-in on various hair boards. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my hair.

I love the mostly natural ingredients and the sweet, banana-ish scent. However, it has 2 ingredients my hair hates pretty high up on the list - glycerin & panthenol. I wish I knew this before I bought it, I could have saved a couple of dollars. Oh well.

Also, it's extremely thick and hard to get out of the bottle. I usually don't care about the packaging of products, but this stuff needs to be in a tub or have a pump on top.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am completely in love with this leave in! I have long, very thick 3C hair that requires a leave in conditioner every day. After trying SO MANY products ranging from salon to homemade I happened to order the Shea Moisture. It is very affordable- I paid 7.99 for an 8 oz. bottle. This product is simple- only 10 wonderful ingredients- but highly effective. Yes it is a thick, rich cream but curly hair is THIRSTY! It smells like kids bubble gum medicine but it disappears after a few minutes. Highly recommended for dry, frizzy, curly hair or straight hair that needs TLC and moisture. Great for those avoiding silicones and protein.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No