November 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lip Gloss - Givenchy - Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Love, love, love. Shocked this gloss doesn't have more reviews. Where do I start? I am a lip gloss and chapstick girl, and these have become my HG. I literally threw almost all of my other glosses away because I know I will only use these. I had quite a few Clinique glosses before, and they are insanely sticky- these aren't sticky at all, yet they shine, shine, shine! They also last several hours on me, even after drinking my morning coffee. That's not to say the color won't transfer to my mug at all- all glosses do and this is no exception- but it doesn't completely slide off and/or vanish into thin air like others I've tried. The most impressive thing about this gloss is the fact that I forget it's on my lips which is a MIRACLE for me. I used to constantly fuss, reapply, smack, lick, and need chapstick every 10-20 minutes, but I can apply this gloss and ignore my lips for hours.

I have Lilac Confession (06) and Capricious Pink (02), and they are both to die for! Lilac confession is a pigmented light purple, but not shockingly purple- it has such a strong yet wearable purple tint to it. I wear this on its own and it's pigmented enough that I need nothing else! In fact, my co-worker ran out and bought one the very first day she saw me wearing it. Capricious pink is a soft, glistening pink that does seem a bit sheer compared to the lilac. I can wear it on its own as a light wash of shine and hint of pink, but really prefer to wear it over another color just so there's more pigment.

Another thing I love about these is the smell. They smell like delicious, sweet vanilla candy, and I love getting a whiff while I'm applying. These cost me $27.50 a pop, but to me it's absolutely worth every cent. Get these if you love gloss! I'll be going back to get all the colors, one by one!

Oh yeah, one note- it claims to be lip-plumping, but other than making your lips shine, I don't think there are any plumping effects at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by FUNgurl

i have the gloss interdit in the shade 08 sexy pink which is a beautiful hot pink color. it goes on super pigmented but you can adjust the color depending on how much you put on. i prefer my lips to be understated so i only use a little bit and then mix with a milky gloss (oyster girl by MAC). with this combination i achieve naturally pink supershiny, juicy, plump and sexy lips with subtle shimmer. it feels like silk, not at all sticky, honestly it feels like wearing a lip balm, but better. it plumps the lips by evening out the surface and moisturizing them. after it wears off, it leaves lips looking smooth, plump and healthy looking.
the container is sleek, elegant and luxurious. the applicator is a brush. i'd prefer a sponge tip applicator because i find that brushes tend to release way to much product which is the case with this gloss too. however, you can just wipe off one side of the brush on the neck of the tube so it's not that big deal.
the fragrance is ok, personally i prefer glosses that have a very subtle candy or fruity smell. i hate perfume-y smelling make up. well, it has a citrusy perfume smell that is a bit weird for a gloss but not unpleasant. at least, it assures you that you are using a high end french product. however, if you absolutely cannot bare fragranced lip products, this one is not for you.
i'm sure that it retails for a steep price but i got mine on ebay for an absolute bargain so i cannot complain. though it might be too expensive for some, i'd say go for it and puchase it for the full retail price if you can afford it because it really looks and feels very high end and luxurious. if you want to indulge yourself, maybe you should try this one, you won't be disappointed!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with review below it needs different applicater. I also have the rose taboo and love it! Isn't sticky, feels awesome. If you want it to stay 2-3 hours just put a lip liner under it!! its beautiful. If I don't want added color I just do nude lipliner. I have makeup for ever lip liner..its Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite gloss formula. I have Rose Taboo & the Lilac color, and I plan on getting more in the future. I bought the gloss knowing it would not tingle or give me any artificial plumping effect, so don't care that it has no plumping properties. What I love is that my lips feel moisturized, not dried out, after the gloss wears off. The wear is great for a gloss this moisturizing and the texture is my favorite: They aren't sheer or opaque, and pigmentation is good without being intense. In addition, there is no tackiness or stickiness, and the shiny finish isn't gaudy or overly shimmery. These glosses are expensive & not a must have, but since my lips are sensitive & prone to dryness, these little luxuries are a relief. They're equal to (maybe better than) Dior glosses. But Givenchy can improve the applicator. The brush deposits too much gloss, so I have to spread the gloss on my lips with a finger after touching the brush to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Lori0604

I am loving this gloss! I just purchased my second tube (impertinent nude) and also picked up a rose taboo to give to a girlfriend because I'm crazy about the color and consistency. I picked them up at Sephora...my only gripe is that they never seem to have testers or are out of stock because it is so damn popular. Great consistency; not too sticky or thin. I would agree with the recent review that the smell is lovely. My only (very minor) criticism is the brush and the fact that you get a lot of product when you pull out the wand. Over time you get a fair amount of goop around the neck which is annoying. Oh well, small price to pay and easy to overlook all things considered.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This review is for #15 Velvet Purple (a Blackberry Plum). While perusing the displays of my local Sephora, they were in the process of stocking the new Givenchy line they had just begun to carry. I was immediately drawn to the glosses and swatched a few colours. On the far right of the display, I say Velvet Purple. A deep shimmering purple that looks very opaque in the tube, but applied on the lips is a pigmented deep non sticky gloss with the most marvelous scent I had ever encountered in a lipgloss. I recommend this colour for those wanting to try the vampy lips fall trend back this season since it is wearable and not too harsh looking for everyday working gals like us. For those who don't like their glosses to smell, this one isn't OTT, but it's noticeable upon application and fades away after several minutes. The colour is buildable and this one in particular does not bleed. The texture is light, fluid and very moisturizing and does not dry the lips after a few hours of wear and provides high shine but like most glosses, fades after an hour or so. It leaves a nice berry stain on the lips. the shimmer is not gritty/chunky and gives an extra dimension to the lips. I can't vouch for the plumping effects, but I can believe that moisturizing the lips plumps them up... but not noticeably. So if you are looking for a plumping gloss, look elsewhere. I intend on getting more from this line and although the price is high, Givenchy is considered a luxury brand so their price point is on par with others of the like (Chanel, Guerlain are more expensive).