Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 2/19/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A friend had bought this and recommend it to me and I bought it and Ive been using it for months now it works so well easy to apply and it lasts a long time I would deffintly try this out if you haven't and it's not exspensive ethier

on 2/13/2015 4:51:00 PM

Everyone was going on about how good this powder was so I decided to try it for my self and I'm glad I did at first I didn't see the difference but now that I use it a lot more I can see that it makes quite a difference and helps to set my makeup and through out the day I'm not shiny I like to put this on in the morning and then again at lunch just to top up my makeup I would recommend buying this product and I am glad that I have found it.

on 2/3/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everyone was talking about this product so I thought I better go and get this to try for myself. This is so far one of my favorite translucent powders of all time. I have a very oily skin type and this keeps me matte all through the day. I do feel like this product ran out extremely fast for me I use it every day and it only lasted for about just over a month which may be good for others, but for me usually finishing powders last 1 or 2 months. But I do love this product so I will repurchase one next week. But I do feel that $15.50 NZD on powder each month may be a bit pricey. I highly recommend this product for people with oily skin :)

on 1/29/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a HG powder for me! It sets my makeup and makes my face nice and matte all day long! Cost $3.97 at Wal-mart. I got this in transparent because Im very fair.

on 1/22/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! My skin isn't oily or anything, but after applying my foundation I apply this powder over it and it just makes my skin look flawless. I've gotten compliments on my skin at work and I always wear it. I never end up finishing my powders, but I've gone through 3 of these so obviously I absolutely love it. On my lazy days when I want to wear very minimal amount of make up, I just apply this powder and it covers up the small redness that I tend to have sometimes and I'm good to go.

on 1/18/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this

on 1/15/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is average. It really does not keep me matte at all, and I am severely oily, therefore I still have to touch up like crazy. However, I do like this as it is a basic, translucent powder that doesn't add coverage. This does little for my pores as well. The packaging is awful as it is super cheap and flimsy. Pretty disappointed as I really need a good translucent powder that keeps me matte.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a great drugstore find. I decided to try this after hearing the rave reviews and the maybelline dream matte powder being discontinued. I bought the transparent shade to use as a setting powder. It does a great job at setting my face makeup. It keeps me matte without looking dry/cakey. Although it's called transparent, it somehow helps to even out my skintone. I do have a lighter complexion however. There is also detectable microshimmer in the powder. It doesn't translate to the face in a bad way, it almost offers a bit of glow. What's with the packaging, though? Sometimes the lid gets weird and doesn't stay on the pan. That could be bad if you carry it in your purse or travel with it. For the price and quality I would certainly repurchase.

I've been having difficulty getting hold of my usual favourite powder compact for touch-ups during the day, Bare Minerals Ready Touch-up (mini version). It's a slightly creamy, fairly translucent finishing powder that can be used over any type of foundation giving a semi-matte finish. I almost always use liquid foundation, my shade varies throughout the year and I normally have an oily t-zone so a fairly colourless, matte-ish finish is very important to me. Rimmel isn't a brand I've ever really bothered with since my early teens but I'd seen such great MUA reviews for this powder I couldn't resist trying it and I took a chance on the Transparent shade being quite similar to the BM Ready Touch-up. Less fine in texture it also gives less coverage but my first impressions are good - for the price I can overlook the crappy packaging and it really does seem to disappear into my NC30 skin. On me the finish is definitely semi-matte and not ultra-matte and I need to touch-up every two to three hours which is a slight drawback. I personally find a sponge/puff is the best method of application for my t-zone with this powder but it doesn't come with one and overuse can lead to caking. Overall I like this powder and I'll probably re-purchase. UPDATE: I'm not sure if this has given me some spots but I've had a few blackheads and irritating little spots which I don't normally get these days (I'm a cystic acne girl!). I'll stop using it for a couple of weeks then try again and update my review again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is such a great product I have purchased it over 3 times. It does only offer minimal coverage which I like to use on days im having a good skin day. Its not at all shiny which I have found in many past powders.

The only con is the packaging. If you drop it your screwed and left with a million pieces of broken powder. Yes, maybe I should be more careful but maybe a more of a clumsy-proof might see my powder lasting longer.. :)