Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 7/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is the best powder I have ever used. Having very oily skin, I really struggle to keep my skin not shiny, let alone matte.
The product is very finely milled and leaves a completely flawless finish on the skin, it makes the face feel very smooth and soft.
I use this powder in the morning to set my foundation and then use it as a top up throughout the day. After setting my makeup in the morning, I can go a good 4-5 hours without having to powder again, which for me is a long time. I also find with this product that as long as you use a big fluffy brush, it doesn't cake on the skin as I experience a lot with other powders.
The only fault I have with this product is the packaging. The lid cracks very easily which causes it to fall off and then everything in your makeup bag gets covered in powder. The other issue is that when you hit pan on this powder, as with many others, it cracks very very easily, and then you cant really carry it around any more as it makes a lot of mess.
Other than the packaging I can't fault this powder. I've lost count of how many I've brought because I just cant use any other powder. I've tried lots of other powders, high end and drugstore but I always go back to this one.

This is quite nice. I like it best applied with a puff, versus a brush. Pressing in instead of dusting over helps keep my skin looking matte longer. The packaging sucks but it's a great product for under $4 so I can't complain too much.

on 7/8/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After all the hype about this product I was so excited to try it. So disappointed. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and find it so hard to keep my makeup from sliding off, and had high hopes this would help. It keeps me matte for about an hour and then disappears.

Would last if you touched up every hour or so...but honestly it isn't worth it. I'd say would work better for normal skin, or maybe just if you get a tiny bit oily in the t-zone. But for super oily skin, don't waste your time.

on 5/16/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've seen YouTube beauty gurus rave about this product time and time again, and I've had a few friends that have recommended it to me as well. I'll admit, I'm a little bit of a snob when it comes to powder foundation and tend to stick to Clinique, so when I looked at this in the store and saw the price (which is EXTREMELY affordable) I was like... yeah no, probably not. But that was my mistake! This foundation isn't full coverage by any means, but I don't really think that's what it's marketed as. What it does seem to do a very good job at for me is keeping my face shine free longer, which is exactly what it claims to do. My t-zone tends to get shiny, and I've noticed that when I dust this on over my foundation, I do have a longer period of time where my skin is shine free. There isn't really much to say about this that's negative, considering what you get for the price (around $4 at Wal-Mart, probably a little more at drug stores) is WELL worth it. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the smell. It's not an overpowering smell and it isn't like you smell it all day or anything, but when you're putting it on, it smells a bit like that old timey face powder you used to see in the drug stores with the floral packaging. Sort of a baby powder scent. Over all, I WOULD recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cheaper alternative for something to keep your skin matte longer into the day. Well worth the price and does an impressive job at what it claims to do.

on 5/14/2015 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this for the specific purpose that I will be traveling soon, and I did not want to worry about packing my usual loose powder. I used it today to test it out.

I cannot stand the way this feels on my face. It feels stiff and cakey. I cannot wait to get home and wash this off of my face.

Even worse, it has settled into fine lines under my eyes (ones that are usually barely noticeable with or without makeup) and has aged me ten years.

I won't toss it quite yet - going to try my normal routine with my loose powder, and then use this mid day to quite literally powder my nose and reduce shine. If it doesn't work for that, well, at least I'm only out 6 bucks.

on 4/26/2015 4:39:00 PM

I bought this product on sale for about $5 Cdn as a back up powder to leave at work to touch up during the day as I used to experience significant shine and after applying the powder there was no need to touch up again during the day. This powder is indeed a matte finish without looking cakey. How do they do it?! It doesn't come with a puff or a brush but for the price I can't complain. I kind of like having the option of applicator and who doesn't have an extra brush laying around? This was my first rimmel purchase (after reading reviews) and I'd recommend this powder, in any shade that matches your skin, to everyone. I bought translucent because I didn't want any color and it is completely color free without leaving a white cast like some other powders do. I recently bought a darker shade as I'm tanned from a vacation and the powder works the same. Great inexpensive find!

on 4/18/2015 6:13:00 PM

I purchased this product for $10NZD online. This powder is great for setting liquid foundation or concealer and doesn't look cakey. It does a good job of mattifying foundation and when on its own it is especially good for oily parts of my skin as the oil doesn't show. It isn't a very full coverage powder and is definitely used best on top of liquid foundation. I would definitely repurchase as it is great for setting,

on 4/4/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i saw amazing reviews with this on YouTube and they were right this is a great powder, however its not great for me as i have dry skin meaning this powder just doesn't go well with my skin. it makes it patchy, dry, a wierd texture, and cakey.

pros-
its only 3.99
it's really easy to get hold of (well it is here in the UK)
it's not very big so is very transportable
its great at making my makeup matte

cons-
there are none (the only reason i wouldn't repurchase this is because of my skin type, however i totally recommend this for people with oily skin or people aiming for the matte look as oppose to dewy)

on 3/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

This is a really nice product for this price. I love it. I use it a lot. It keeps my t-zone, cheek and chin stay matte. Sometimes when my face becomes oily after a long day, I apply it on my face and my face doesn't look oily anymore. However, the package is cheap, the cover broke easily, that's the only cons.

on 2/19/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A friend had bought this and recommend it to me and I bought it and Ive been using it for months now it works so well easy to apply and it lasts a long time I would deffintly try this out if you haven't and it's not exspensive ethier