November 26, 2014 | 1755 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by DoppelgangerMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Eyeshadows are my favourite kind of make up. Hell, they are my go-to artistic outlet. When you 're so into textures, tones, effects and combinations you tend to feel a bit like an alchemist, like a crazy kind of genius. I sometimes kinda see my self like that.. experimenting and laughing out loud manically (muhahaha!!!). You like eyeshadows, too..don't you? Well, friend, I can personally guarantee (for what it's worth) that this little thing will step up your eyeshadow game. This silicony sticky jelly will help you pack colours and glitter like nobody's bussiness. Ahem, I know that packing glitter is not your main concearn, but I'm just sayin' in case of an impromptu eye-glitter-needing situation pixie epoxy in your stash will tottally save you.. For the rest-non glitter(kinda boring)-days, revive your love of "colour with an impact" with pixie epoxy. The only downside is that being the crazy-ass primer it is, it sometimes won't work well with matte colours..Yeah I know, bummer, but it (pixie epoxy, I swear it does) considers them kind of square.
If you look at swatches of eyeshadows over this on the internet the difference is like WOW. Plus, it is quite impossible to smudge the eyeshadow and it even makes the shimmer particles to stay in place. And above them all? Pixie epoxy will tottally make your duochrome eyeshadows werk dem duochromes, alright? I would drop the mike if I had one in my hand.. For dramatical purposes only just picture this in your head. Thank you.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing i have to say about this is that it makes mineral e/s pop out more. I have some samples from mineral e/s and i have to say that i hate loose e/s's! I should just press them but i've been too lazy to do that. But back to the pixie epoxy. It's mostly glycerin so perhaps glycerin from pharmacy would work too? But pixie epoxy is not that expensive and only a little bit is enough. Once i ran out of this i'm not buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by taor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy sh*t, I have asian monolid eyes, after applying a very thin layer of this, not only does the color pop, but also my shimmer eyeshadow would stay for 12 hours without creasing! This has NEVER happened before! Now do yourself a favour and get one!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Ericathebeast

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Pixie Epoxy is one amazing little product. While it does take a bit of mastery to use, it will make colors come out of your shadows that you didn't even realize were there! Applying this over the while lid is asking for trouble, as blending over it is problematic at best. My favorite way to pat this is over my blended shadows or base, then pat the pigment on over it. Wow. Color, staying power, sparkle- standout color! It's also great to use to help shadow lining stay put either under the lash line, or anywhere they tend to move. At seven dollars its a guilt free steal. My only complaint mirrors another's, the doe foot applicator is not sanitary for sharing, so pop product on the back of your hand first. Watch your colors come Alive!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by xajaso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers, I agree that there is a learning curve for Pixie Epoxy, but once mastered, this will render for eye makeup bombproof. You need the tiniest bit, basically what comes out on the applicator naturally, gently patted with a finger onto the eyelid. I wait a few seconds for it to get tacky, then press in my eyeshadows. Wiping eyeshadows on with brush or sponge-tip can create a crusty effect, so start with a light hand and apply as if "foiling". Works best with metallic powders, glitters, or loose minerals, but can make matte shadows long-lasting if applied correctly. I also use a thin line of this in the corners and under lower lashes to seal eyeliner - not pencil eyeliners, but shadows and powders used as liners. My face is oily, eyes especially, and my light eyes are also extremely photosensitive, so I tear up in bright sunlight. I have battled disappearing and running liners forever because of this, and PE has been my salvation, keeping my eye makeup neat and intact. It also enhances colors and keeps glitters in place, so a must-have for clubbing and nights out. This stuff is inexpensive, lasts forever, and Fyrinnae has beautiful shadows and powders to go with it.. Highly recommend both this product and the eyeshadows from Fyrinnae.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely will repurchase. I have probably had this tube for 1 year. I use it almost every time I do my eyes, and I still have half the tube left. What I prefer to do is blend out my look on top of a primer, and then I take a tiny dab (I just touch my finger to the wand once for each eye) and smear it around over top of the shadow that is already there. Then I gently apply the colours I really want to pop over top of the Pixie Epoxy. This way I do not have to fight with blending it, which can prove a bit difficult.

Absolute must have.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the glowing reviews. This stuff rocks.

The way I apply is to press the applicator to my finger with no more product than comes out on its own, wait a second, then pat onto my lid. You barely need any for it to work. Then PAT shadow on top - swiping from side to side runs the risk if the shadow looking ruddy. I've had terrible luck using many pressed shadows and I wouldn't use it for mattes (this is supposed to enhance the shimmer or color of unusual or shimmery colors, you don't need that for mattes). I use TFSI under it and love the combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kaatiex

I absolutely love Pixie Epoxy! Even though the website states 'This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on and/or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy"', I use it as an eye primer, and I find it absolutely amazing :)

For everyday looks, I dab a tiny bit on each eyelid and use a finger to coat from my lash line up to my brows- I wait a few seconds and then lightly dust a face powder over to get rid of the tackiness.. then apply my eyeshadow as usual, and voila.. at the end of the day there is some very very minimal fading and no creasing!

When using eye shadows/pigments when lots of glitter, I skip adding the face powder over the top so my lid is still tacky and gently pat the product onto my lid.

Pixie Epoxy does take a bit of getting used to- if you add too much you can end up with a sticky mess on your lid.. you really only need a tiny little bit.. my current tube has lasted me at least six months with everyday use!

I've given Pixie Epoxy 4 stars for packaging- the reason for this is that I loath the lipgloss style packaging- I think it's so easy for the product to become contaminated.. the doe brush can end up looking dirty if I have a little foundation on my eyes.. it all seems to mix together and for that I'm not a fan.. I would love to see this in a squeezy tube!

As for the price - $7 - it's super cheap and better than the more expensive higher end primers that I've tried, I will come back, and repurchase, Pixie Epoxy every time!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product. It allows me to get all the loose ends without worrying about fallout. I never have to worry about applying more makeup with problems. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG HG HG!

I am in love. In the last few years, I've gotten really into pigments, along with my steadily growing collection of pressed eyeshadows. The majority are mattes/subtle shimmers, but bright. They work amazingly well over UDPP with NYX Milk to adhere to. However, I had a few glitter pigments and pressed shadows that I rarely wore because the glitter would either end up all over my face, or wouldn't even translate from the pot to my eyes at all.

I decided to give it a shot after reading all the positive reviews here and on blogs. This stuff is amazing. I was afraid it might be a little finicky because many people mentioned there was a bit of a learning curve. I didn't find it to be difficult at all. Just apply a little, less than you would a primer, and wait until it gets tacky before patting shadows over it.

When used overtop of a primer, the epoxy keeps all my pigments, glitters and shadows on all day with no fallout. I've even tried it with my Sugarpill mattes and found that it can work decently, even though Fyrinnae advises against using it with mattes. For the price and how much you need to use, this is an amazing deal. I grabbed 20 shadow samples when I ordered 2 tubes of the epoxy (Fyrinnae can be pesky to order from, but offer free shipping on international orders +$50), and they are amazing as well. Will definately be ordering again in the future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No