October 23, 2014 | 1101 users online

Stick - L.A. Colors - Mystic foundation/concealer stick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by MyraDfaiera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

warm beiger

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have uploaded a picture awhile ago, hoping to review once I had some time to work w/ this product. I feel like I've had some time and on to my review...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Mystic Foundation/Concealer Stick can be found in some stores like Family Dollar, Dollar General as well as online at LA Colors website & cherry culture.
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
LA Colors Mystic Foundation/Concealer stick is a duo purpose product. Very practical for those looking for less steps & fast makeup. Unfortunately, there are only a few shades. In my area, only 1 shade is available but luckily for me, shade NUDE is a match. Nude does lean more on a neutral slightly cool pale shade.I'm very pale cool toned but I can make this work. What I love about this is how pale it is so I can use it to brighten my natural high points of my face. The formula is a thick cream that can be blended w/ a firm brush, sponge or fingers. I think its best to use a sponge. I use a damp sponge since I have dry skin. The formula is a tad on the wax side so proper blending is needed. Will emphasize dry spots or wrinkles. I ended up mixing up some of this w/ my primer & moisturizer so I can use it all over w/out caking. It will cake up if too much is used. Only a little is needed to cover area. Opaque shade will cover veining & redness & some discoloration. If more if needed, work in small layers so it doesn't cake up. This is a good product esp for the price. I've tried these foundation/concealer sticks a long time ago & its similar to those. I'm glad that Nude is a light enough shade. Those w/ medium to darker skin tones could only use Nude for highlighting since its very light. This wears for over 6-7 hours since its a thicker formula. I have had this swatch on my hand for a whole day almost. Its wear time is great esp since its stays put for a long time. This works great alone or blended out w/ some moisturizer or damp sponge.
~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The LA Colors Mystic Stick comes in a hand size hard plastic mechanical twist up stick. The packaging is a see thru blue tinted stick w/ black logo & ingredients etc in black located on the stick. The shade name is located on the bottom sticker. The top part of the stick is clear so you can see the stick shade through it to decide which shade may suit you best. The lid snaps on/off easily & keeps the product safe & secure. There is 0.32 oz or 9.1 grams which is alot! Esp since its opaque & thick so a little goes a long way. The stick is easily twisted up & down to get to the product easily. This is def travel friendly & convenient. No worries of liquid spilling or going everywhere. This is a really simple, practical packaging. Its not over the top or so pretty but it works. This is slim enough to fit even in a pocket if needed. I like the look of this stick.
Overall, LA Colors is a great company for those of you who haven't tried any of their products yet. Their customer service is superb. My favorite part is that they remain a CRUELTY FREE makeup company at an affordable cost for those like myself that have ethics & morals but also a tight budget!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Kiwwigirl101

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging- fell apart. its super messy with not pacging, just the bit that is the concelar

Formula- OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS LIKE A SAVIOUR TO MY UNDEREYE CIRCLES. Seriously, it covers them amazingly. It can be slightly cakey but it covers so well i couldnt care less.

Availability- can some one messge me and tell me it it is discontinued? i cant find it anywhere at helocal dollarstores within 30 kilometers of where i live

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by XFilesLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to the drugstore and saw this for 2.35 (Canadian) so i thought "Why not try?". Well all i can say is you get what you pay for. The colour choices wernt great. They were either extremely light or extremely dark. They gave an orangy sorta cast and i only used it twice.

If your looking for a cheep foundation/concealer it's not that bad but for anyone who's willing to pay a little extra there are many other better one's out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kangarookaren

I prefer to use creme foundation, and have been on the look for something great for a long time. I was in a local discount store called Roses, and saw this. It was only $2, and I figured I would try it since I have used other products from L.A. Colors, and have been pleased with their results. I was completely surprised about how fantastic it is! It covers up all of my imperfections, and makes my skintone even. It is on the heavy side, but you don't need very much to cover your entire face. The shade beige matched my nw20-25 skin perfectly. Couldn't believe I found such a perfect match from a "cheap" product. It lasts all day, has not bled onto my clothes. I have found my HG foundation for $2!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by OhSnapItsTianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked this up at Dollar General for less than $2, and I was pleasantly surprised! It really isn't the best formula ever, but I found it covered well and didn't cause too many break-outs (unless I forgot to wash it off). The price is great, and like others say, you get PLENTY of product for the price.

Overall, I actually like it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I've been trying everything for a concealer. My under eye circles are just there. Well I went to the local dollar store and this was there. I like stick concealers and thought this would work. Well it just doesn't. It doesn't stay or cover much. Maybe I got an old one or maybe other people just don't need the coverage that I do..? I don't know. I'm just tired of looking for a "magical" concealer that doesn't exist.

Note: Gave it a 3 'cause it could work for others

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Gloomilyeuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most opaque but creamy concealer ever. I've used other "opaque" foundations and concealer sticks, but they are usually either light to medium coverage and so thick and dry as to make it impossible to blend. Always a let-down. The coverage of this is heavy (like stage-makeup heavy) which is why I'm such a fan, however, other people may not want full-coverage. It's easy to blend a little of this product out and achieve a lighter coverage if you don't need something so heavy.

Beyond being super opaque and creamy, the amount you get in each tube is at least twice as much as pretty much every concealer stick I've seen... for a fraction of the price.

Buy these in bulk. They are a beauty-staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like a idiot for not trying this earlier. I have tried about ten different foundations this year - none have given me coverage like this. (Phys. Form. healthy wear tinted moisturizer comes close.)

I love stick foundations, and Max Factor made my skin look great but it was discontinued. (I have a ton of leftover red marks from acne and a few brown spots from the sun. Very few wrinkles, thankfully.)

Picked it up today at Family Dollar for $1.50. I figured, it's a buck, I can toss it if I don't like it.

The beige shade is just slightly too light. So far I'm just using it to cover around my nose (broken caps) and on a few red spots and a teeny red birthmark on my forehead. It actually covers better than the graftobian HD foundation I ordered - I had such high hopes for a professional brand, but this has turned out better.

Doesn't look cakey at all. Yet. Will update if it does.

I'm going to try a full face tomorrow and set it with HD powder. I'm also going to go back and get a darker shade and try it - even though I am religious about SPF in the summer I still get a shade darker.

Definitely not for oily skin; I use retin A and have 60% AHA peels once or twice a month, so my skin is sensitive, dry in spots, and I'll need to be sure to get rid of any peelies before application.

Will update with before and after pictures when I am motivated enough to stand in the direct sun with a camera.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If you had told me my holy grail stick foundation would be only $1.50 USD,you could have bowled me over with a Q Tip. I love the relative ease and convenience of a stick,but have a hard time finding one that works well and has good color match. To date I've used Bobbi Brown (probably the best,but my skin tone has deepened considerably and it is too light now),MAC (good color match,so so on the formula),Max Factor (d/c'd),Pixi (absolute crap!),L'Oreal (d/c'd,too drying) Px (d/c'd) and EL (the shade I used was d/c'd; not sure if they make it anymore anyway).
I have been on a tear with Dollar Tree products lately,so I picked up a Mystic in Beige (I'm probably NC25 or a bit darker now; I wear Merle Norman in Creamy Beige-this is the only foundation I have had matched to me recently.) Beige seems to be a *tiny* bit light,but the next shade appears to be a bit dark and it isn't really noticeable,so I might stick with the former.This gives good coverage while letting my freckles show through (my face is covered in spite of using sunblock religiously). I have combination/sensitive skin-no itching,breakouts or worse,highlighting of every stupid little fine line and patchy coverage.I have no idea what it looks like in photos yet,but I'm not terribly worried about it for under $2.
Pros: cheap,incredibly cheap.Satin coverage,wears well,no irritation,convenient,cruelty free.
Cons: limited shade range,flimsy packaging.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No