October 22, 2014 | 1336 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the strong citrus notes that are very apparent when this perfume is first applied, but the tea notes that appear after wearing it a few hours (or less) smell odd to me. When I first put it on in morning, my husband complimented me on it. By the end of the day when I came home from work and he sniffed my wrist, he was no longer a fan. Agreed with me that it smelled harsh.
So I guess we don't care for the "demon" aspect of the fragrance. My advice before purchase is to get a sample and wear it all day. I bought a mini-bottle from Ebay first, and I'm really glad that I didn't purchase a large bottle outright because of the good reviews and buzz about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This one has grown on me and I've come to really enjoy how unique it is. First smell, I cringed. Second smell, I was confused. Third, fourth and fifth smell, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I finally decided to give it some time. After using it for a couple weeks, I almost decided to love it, if it only lasted longer than 3 hours.
The "sweetness" comes from the cranberries, but it's a confusing kind of "sweet". It's not sugary. Really, think about it, how sweet is a cranberry? Not very. No vanilla here. There's also something citrusy that offsets the "sweetness"...kind of lime-ish. Then you throw in the patchouli and musk and it's a bit spicy. Wowza! I ADORE unique perfumes! The only reason I took off a lippy is because of the staying power. I HATE having to re-apply perfume during lunch at work. It's like a pet-peeve of mine. Luckily the bottle is a great size for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Nicely made, but in my humble opinion, you really have to enjoy sweet red-fruity perfumes (Hot Couture, etc). Which mostly, I don't -- unless there's something major to offset the sweet red-fruit notes. Any time I test a perfume and immediately get a big dose of raspberry, pomegranate, cherry, etc -- I generally set the testers down and move on.

Le Secret's notes (peach-colored liquid):
Top Notes: Cranberry, Green tea, Amalfi lemon
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Peony, Water lily
Base Notes: Woods, Patchouli, White musk

Le Secret Elixir's notes (purple-colored liquid):
Top Notes: Green tea, Neroli, Lemon
Heart Notes: Frangipani, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes: Patchouli, Vanilla, White musk, Cedar

I'm wearing Le Secret now, and I'm getting mostly a sweet cranberry scent -- with some woods & musk added. The tea & lemon lighten & freshen the cranberry somewhat -- but not enough -- and I wish there was more light fresh tea & lemon & less cranberry.

This is too fruit-juicy, verging on punch, for me. There is practically no tang or tartness from the cranberry (like D&G Pour Femme has, and which I prefer) - it's like the cranberries were packed in syrup.

Le Secret Elixir (purple juice) is deeper, less fruity, with a more floriental feel (kind of headed more in the direction of Euphoria) -- and of the two, I believe I prefer the Elixir. Le Secret (peach-colored juice) is the lighter, fresher, brighter, more sheer, more fruity fragrance of the two.

I find Le Secret to actually be quite strong, with lots of throw, so a little goes a long way. When it launched, the face was Uma Thurman (who had previously fronted Lancome Miracle when it launched, many years previously).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I work at Sephora, so I'm sure you can imagine how many fragrances I go home smelling like every night. This is one that has caught my attention, underlyingly. It smells sweet (but not too sweet), floral (Jasmine), & fruity. It just has that special something to it that I can't describe. But, needless to say, I love it. Everytime I am wearing this, a bunch of people always ask me what I'm wearing. This isn't a fragrance that you will detect on every single woman who walks by. I feel like this fragrance isn't really as widely known about as others (kind of low key), but it definitely will catch someone's attention when worn. I would definitely reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to get a couple of fragrance samples to try this out. So far I think it is a beautiful light floral and sweet fragrance. I will definitely be asking the hubby to put this on my Christmas list lol. I do pick up the jasmine and peony , but the fruitier notes are perfectly balanced with the floral notes. It has good longevity on my skin. The bottle is pretty too. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Oh my goodness. This is the only perfume I've ever actually liked. I am someone who really hates perfume. I own a couple bottles, they are all old and barely used. I just really don't like them. The other day I was wandering around Sephora and there was just an intoxicating scent from one of the perfume walls. I asked what was sprayed, and it was this. I got a sample, wore it for a day, and went and purchased the full size immediately. And a lotion. And a body wash. I want my whole world to smell like this.

To me, it smells like an expensive up-scale New Years Eve party. Like champagne. Bubbly, floral, sweet, and a little spicy. The top notes are clean and bright and the bottom notes are sexy and classic. It is the only extremely sweet perfume I've used that also smells clean. I prefer sweet florals, but most make me feel like an unbathed college student. Not this. This feels classy and sophisticated, but fun and sexy.

This is definitely one to try. It's the best smelling thing I've ever smelled.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I absolutely loved this upon first testing it in a department store a couple years ago. Now through an entire bottle, I am absolutely tired of it. Has become too sickeningly sweet on me. Smell improves over the course of the day. Good lasting power. Gorgeous bottle and enticing name.
Bottom line: Interesting, but too sweet and too popular for my likes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is a little sweet and fruity, very feminine, airy and delicate. I can definitely smell berries and a citrus note initially, after a while this a beautiful warm floral. It does not last long though, which is a shame since this is a great fragrance that is easy to wear for day or night. A reviewer on another website said that it reminded her of pink lemonade...and I can definitely detect a pink lemonade note on the drydown.

One thing that does bother me is that the fragrance isn't really a memorable one. If I don't wear it for a few days then I tend to forget how nice it is and wear something else instead. It is only if the bottle is in front of me that I will keep it in mind, and then when I spray it again its like rediscovering the fragrance. I only have a sample size right now but will probably get a full size eventually.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by stls

I have to admit I wasn't impressed with Ange ou Demon Le Secret at first. ''Oh, well, just another soft inoffensive fruity floral - no need for that'' until I was offered a mini and I liked it much more than I thought.

The top notes are yummy. Lemon and cranberry - fresh and a tad sweet. Then there are soft jasmine, delicate tea and a touch of peony blending in the composition. And maybe a trace of patchouli in the drydown. Not surprises here. Projection is rather low but it does last if you spray 10+ times. Yes I need to spray loads of it but won't ever become too much.

Overall I think among the flood of fruity-florals in the market it's one of the few that are well composed and stands out. The other I can think of is Chance eau Tendre. A solid ''like'' for me but not a love neither ''I MUST have it'' yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I was looking for a light jasmine fragrance for summer, and this won the contest. I didn't want anything too heavily floral or old-fashioned. Jasmine is usually equated with big white florals like Fracas, which is not my thing.

Ange ou Demon Le Secret is lightly floral in a relatable, modern, very commercial sense. The primary note is jasmine, but it's well-balanced with the other slight floral notes. The next note is I get is green tea. In fact, it reminds me very much of the aroma of good-quality loose jasmine tea. I get the sweet undercurrent but there's no a specific fruit that stands out, even though it's said to contain cranberry. I was surprised to find out that it contained blonde woods, but then I noticed that I do randomly get a whiff of that from time to time after the drydown. I don't get the musk at all.

The reason I can't give this a 5 is because it has NO staying power--not even on clothes or hair. I've had it for about a week and I'm down about 3/4" on the bottle already. At this rate, it'll be gone in about another month. That's ridiculous for this price, especially as it's supposedly and Eau de Parfum. I'm going to exchange it for Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir, which is stronger with much better staying power; and yet, my guy friends still liked it and described it as "light".