December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - Sebamed - Clear Face Care Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by phoeb

This is the only moisturiser that I can use without worrying about it irritating or causing breakouts (it's oil and fragrance free). It has allantoin which I find to be very soothing on my acne prone sensitive skin. It is a very simple and effective moisturiser which does a good job of moisturising my face in both summer and winter (I live in Sydney where its not too cold/drying). I do sometimes feel like I could use something a bit heavier in Winter but mostly this suffices year round. It would work very well with a serum like argan or rose hip oil underneath. It's very hard to find effective, basic products that are oil and fragrance free with nice ingredients like allantoin. So that is another reason I am giving this a glowing review. I hope they never discontinue it as I would have nothing equally as good to replace it with.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My dry, sensitive, SD-prone skin did not like this at all. It dried it out and made my SD patches much worse. I guess I need something more moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by RHDS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very expensive given it's only 50ml. BARELY, barely moisturizes, have to reapply every few hours, if you have a drier skin. The only good thing about it is that it's in a gel'y consistency, so it's not greasy and doesn't leave residue.

Would NOT recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MikeyPwn

My skin: I have very pale, oily, acne prone skin. My forehead is the most oily area on my face, but I rarely break out there. My upper cheek area and chin are my problem areas for blackheads, clogged pores, or hormonal acne.

Initial reaction to product: I recently ordered this from feelunique.com, it got here fairly quickly! The product looks like a clear and has a sort of liquidy/gel like consistency to it. It is very easy to rub into the skin. When I first opened the product I put some on the back of my hand and timed how long it took to sink in. It took about 1 minutes and 30 seconds to completely sink into my skin, leaving NO shiny or sticky residue.

The product has no scent really, other then a mild hint of the Aloe Vera.

The product has very few ingredients, all seem to be very mild for the skin, which is why I got this product. I have oily skin, and wanted a light gel type moisturizer with no frills to it. I don't want products on my skin that exacerbate my clogged pores, etc.

The ingredients analysis for this product can be found here: http://cosdna.com/eng/ingredients.php

Please don't let the reviews for this product scare you away from it. It has a 5.5 PH, and is free from oils or emulsifiers. I think as long as you are not allergic to ALOE VERA, this product would be great for those with sensitive/acne prone skin.

(This review will be updated in a few days with more information) :)

Update: August 10,2014:

It took me about 4 months to go through the 50ml tube, which is pretty good. I have now ordered two more of these tubes!

I have found this moisturizer works great under sunscreen, but not so much under liquid foundations. A few months ago I attempted to use this moisturizer under my colorstay liquid foundation, but all it did was make the moisturizer ball up, so I wouldn't recommend using it under foundation.

I think it's a decent, no frills moisturizer for the spring/summer months for sure. I find it is quite moisturizing, if you apply a decent amount to damp skin. In the last few weeks I have started using Benzoyl Peroxide gel on my cheeks/chin, and the moisturizer seems to keep the dryness at bay. I wasn't sure if it'd work well with the BP, but it seems to be fine :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iceberry97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started to have adult acne, and my face gets very oily. despite of so many good reviews, but this gel totally doesn't work on my skin. I applied this after my sk 2 essence, and it left quite serious residue on my face. It just doesn't absorb. It took more than15 minutes for it to fix, but still kinda sticky. It makes my cc foundation uneven and I sweat more than normal. No, I wont buy this anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

Ugh I wanted to love this SO much, as it's one of the few moisturizers out there that doesn't contain ANY oils, emulsifiers, or other comedogenic ingredients. It felt really nice and fresh when I applied it, but 30 minutes later when I looked in the mirror, my cheeks were slightly flushed. I ignored it, but a few minutes later I started to feel a light burning sensation. I washed my face, and the burning/flushing went away. I've read that certain people react this way with aloe vera, so I'm thinking that's the reason. I do, however, think this would make a great lightweight moisturizer for someone with acne-prone skin who doesn't react badly to aloe vera.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so thankful for MUA for leading me to this product! I've tried SO many moisturizers on my super finicky, sensitive, dehydrated skin and everything made it more sensitive. This gel removes that tight feeling and give me a little moisture back. It's not a miracle worker, but it does what it's suppose to do and does not break me out or irritate my skin, which alone grants it 5 stars in my book. I've already repurchased this product once and will definitely do it again. I also mix it with a little foundation to create my own tinted moisturizer on days when I want a less makeup-y look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always carefully research ingredients in my skincare products because I have sensitive skin that reacts to products very often. I decided to try this because the ingredients are simple and are non-irritating to the skin. I also love that this doesn't have any fragrance in it.

After using this on my face, I do not feel my skin reacting to it. However, it does not sufficiently moisturize my dehydrated skin, especially in winter. :( I do wish it were more moisturizing, but I know there's that much moisture I can get from a gel based, oil free product.

I'd recommend this to anyone with skin that reacts to products easily. However, if you need deep hydration like I do, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by selenajung

i have been using this for 2months along with cleansing foam and anti pimple gel. yes, like what i have written about the cleansing foam, it doesn't work on me at all too, and i feel it's so sticky on my face, my pimples were gone for 2-3weeks but now, they're coming back again~

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by millavalentine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer was okay. I wasn't amazed by it, because I felt like it only added like a "film" or layer on my face instead of actually moisturize it. I didn't think it absorbed in to the skin that well in other terms, the skin just got an extra protecting layer, sort of. I did feel like it even out my skin more though, but only on the very surface unfortunately.