April 18, 2014 | 925 users online

Moisturizers - Sebamed - Clear Face Care Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

Ugh I wanted to love this SO much, as it's one of the few moisturizers out there that doesn't contain ANY oils, emulsifiers, or other comedogenic ingredients. It felt really nice and fresh when I applied it, but 30 minutes later when I looked in the mirror, my cheeks were slightly flushed. I ignored it, but a few minutes later I started to feel a light burning sensation. I washed my face, and the burning/flushing went away. I've read that certain people react this way with aloe vera, so I'm thinking that's the reason. I do, however, think this would make a great lightweight moisturizer for someone with acne-prone skin who doesn't react badly to aloe vera.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so thankful for MUA for leading me to this product! I've tried SO many moisturizers on my super finicky, sensitive, dehydrated skin and everything made it more sensitive. This gel removes that tight feeling and give me a little moisture back. It's not a miracle worker, but it does what it's suppose to do and does not break me out or irritate my skin, which alone grants it 5 stars in my book. I've already repurchased this product once and will definitely do it again. I also mix it with a little foundation to create my own tinted moisturizer on days when I want a less makeup-y look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always carefully research ingredients in my skincare products because I have sensitive skin that reacts to products very often. I decided to try this because the ingredients are simple and are non-irritating to the skin. I also love that this doesn't have any fragrance in it.

After using this on my face, I do not feel my skin reacting to it. However, it does not sufficiently moisturize my dehydrated skin, especially in winter. :( I do wish it were more moisturizing, but I know there's that much moisture I can get from a gel based, oil free product.

I'd recommend this to anyone with skin that reacts to products easily. However, if you need deep hydration like I do, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by selenajung

i have been using this for 2months along with cleansing foam and anti pimple gel. yes, like what i have written about the cleansing foam, it doesn't work on me at all too, and i feel it's so sticky on my face, my pimples were gone for 2-3weeks but now, they're coming back again~

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by millavalentine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer was okay. I wasn't amazed by it, because I felt like it only added like a "film" or layer on my face instead of actually moisturize it. I didn't think it absorbed in to the skin that well in other terms, the skin just got an extra protecting layer, sort of. I did feel like it even out my skin more though, but only on the very surface unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice no-frills everyday moisturizer for very oily, acne-sensitive skin. I'm on my second tube.

I purchase this on the FeelUnique website for just under USD$10 (50ml). This is a clear, colorless, odorless gel that comes in a standing squeeze tube. Completely oil-free. I use this daily under my sunscreen/makeup (for over a year now), and it has never broken me out. I especially love it during the warmer months because once absorbed, it feels so light, like it's not even there, but still gives me that much-needed moisture I still need (I live in a desert climate). This does not contain SPF.

It absorbs pretty easily; I do notice a little bit of a sticky feeling a few seconds after it's applied, but when I give it a minute to "set," that stickiness does go away and my skin just feels smooth.

If you have combination or dry skin, this probably won't be enough moisture for you by itself (especially during cooler months). My skin becomes more combination during the winter (drier on my cheeks, T-zone still quite oily), and with the very dry air I find that this falls just a tiny bit short of what I need on my cheeks, in terms of moisture (I will keep holding on to this though, because I'm moving to a more humid climate soon! -- will update on that).

I have no issues with the packaging. I like that you can stand it up with the cap at the bottom to ensure that every last bit of product comes out.

Overall, I am quite happy with this moisturizer. Recommended for people with oily, sensitive skin. It's so gentle, it's affordable and it doesn't have extra unnecessary ingredients. A good find!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by shawty83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm coming to the end of my second tube and I'll continue to buy this great gel. After searching high and low (and spending lots of money) for a moisturiser that wasn't greasy, spot inducing, weirdly scented, irritating and packed to the rafters with many ingredients I found reviews for this here on Makeup Alley. It's been a God send. Not absolutely perfect as its not initially as moisturising as my skin needs but normally a second application after the first has dried fixes that. Also during the day I apply Jason facial sunblock spf20 over it and that helps with any tight patches. It really has helped combat my face breaking out and I use far less oil blotting sheets during the day now that I use this. I really do love this gel; for its price, low ingredient count, correct pH, aloe, lack of fragrance etc etc etc :) I suppose it's actually my HG face moisturiser. Definitely try it yourself. If anything you would have only spent a few pounds if it isnt your cup of tea. Just FYI my skincare regime products also include Soap and Glory Face Soap & Clarity, Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid and Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Treatment (although I can honestly say I've gone from using this nearly every night to very rarely).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Andbe

Love this gel! It does not leave my skin oily and don't know of it has anything to do with it but i used to have a huge wrinkle across my forehead and now it is barely visible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by eylemelif

I love this product! I am acne prone, but I have dry skin. I use hydrating HA serums under regular moisturizers. I cannot be sure whether they would break me up, but with this one I can be sure.

I use this as an hydrating serum under sunscreen during the day. At night, I use it alone on my T-zone, and apply night cream on this gel at other parts of my face. Some days of the week, I use it alone on my whole face. I know, it is not very emollient for night. I follow Dr. Hauschka's advise of giving up night creams to let your skin breath and shed at night. I do it only a couple of night a week though. This gel works very well for this purpose.

It may flake under some creams, so if it happens, either use less (a pea size for the whole face) or apply to a moist face and wait until it is well absorbed. I apply it to moist face always for HA to do its work better.

I hope they will never discontinue this product. It is a very cheap (12.99$) but high quality multi purpose product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by vasudhapande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, acne-prone and extremely intolerant skin. This product leaves it soft, hydrated, soothed, and glowing. I used to think an oil-free product would make my face stretchy and scaly but it actually does a pretty good job of regulating sebum production: decreasing/increasing it wherever required. It's my HG moisturiser.