Joico K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua) , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyltrimonium Chloride , Phenyl Trimethicone , Behenyl Alcohol , Bisamino PEG , PPG-41 , 3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone , Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin , Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin , Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol , Thioctic Acid , Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane , Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract , Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Oenothera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose) , Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil , Glycolipids , Hyaluronic Acid , Allantoin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Cetearyl Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Dipropylene Glycol , Glycerin , Polyquaternium-55 , Propylene Glycol , Quaternium-70 , Disodium EDTA , Diazolidinyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Fragrance (Parfum)

on 9/2/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Good product but the packaging is AWFUL. Applying this product is so frustrating: the liquid comes out in a powerful, narrow stream (WHY?) instead of a spray that distributes it evenly through your hair, which is the opposite of ideal. You can feel the pressure of the stream even when spraying from a distance. It's really hard distributing it evenly.

The positives: I needed a protein treatment because I was oiling my hair too often and had thrown off the balance of protein and moisture, plus my balayage had really damaged the ends. I could feel the improvement in hair strength after a few uses of this product -- my hair didn't feel as stretchy when dry or wet. My hair also doesn't feel weighed down when I use this.

All in all, decent product but too expensive for what it costs in Australia, as there are similar products in the same price range. I only bought this spray instead of Redken's Anti-Snap leave in treatment because I thought I'd be able to spray my roots too, though the shitty spray mechanism has dissuaded me from this. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

EDIT: I tried decanting some of the bottle into one of my spare spray bottles but had the same issue with the product coming out as a stream. The liquid is actually quite viscous, which I think is the root of the problem -- it just can't come out as a mist. The smaller bottle is definitely easier to wield though!

on 8/24/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this reconstructor....i have fine hair that is damaged from dying it....and i used this product on the damaged areas only. ..amazing! Would def buy again...

on 11/20/2012 11:05:00 PM

I have extremely fine hair. I do not have a lot of it either, I'm in my mid 20's, but the amount of hair I have is nearly comparable to a much older woman.Dying it and using heat tools fried it, making it look even worse.

Anyway,before I started using the K-pac series I struggled to find a product to consistantly fix my fried hair. One of my friends in beauty school recommended the K-PAC series to me, and I'm so glad she did.

I have found the deep penetrating reconstructor to be amazing, but since it's a protein treatment I can not use it each time I wash my hair. The liquid reconstruct is perfect for everyday use. I spray it on towel dried hair, and continue to blow dry. It makes my hair look smooth, and noticeably healthier. I get alot of compliments about how much better my hair looks now. There is no sign of the previous fried mess it used to be. It almost looks thicker too. I plan on staying with the K-pac line as long as its along.

on 10/22/2012 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this stuff, it is great for when my hair needs protein either from damage from coloring and styling or I went overboard on the moisture. I have slightly wavy hair that I let air dry and do not straighten 99% of the time, so I don't need this often but when I do it does help. It also seems to take the wave out of my hair. If I want my hair straighter without the use of heat, I reach for this. One lippie off for what is certainly an outrageous price, since it is mostly water, but it will last a long time, a little goes a long way.

on 10/18/2012 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Hello, I just purchased this product based on reviews I have read with hopes that this will help me with my hair breakage. I have used the product 3 times and so far I am pleased with the results. My hair seems less dry and damaged. I would have given this product a perfect review however I feel it is overpriced. I will update you in a month or so of using this.

November 10/12 Update
I love this product. I am so glad I tried it. I don't use it everyday. I was about 2-3 times a week. I don't use too much. I transferred it in a small spray bottle so I can take it with me when I travel.

I love this treatment, I think it has been a big part of my hair repair after bleaching a few times. It is also great at detangling without weighing my hair down. The only improvement I think would be good is if the spray was more mist like but that could be due to the consistency. I will definitely repurchase :)

on 4/8/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Have had this for a while now, and at the start I did notice a difference in my hair not breaking off as much, I don't know whether my hair has got used to this or not, but it doesn't seem to do much now. I use it about once a week applied to towel dried hair at the ends, if I put it on my roots it leaves my hair so greasy. Does make my hair manageable. I might try out the mask treatment instead when this runs out.

on 10/5/2011 10:36:00 AM

This is an amazing product especially for fine hair. I have been using it for years and it makes my hair smooth and manageable, without weighing it down.

on 9/14/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This made a big difference in my hair. I woke up to well-behaved hair that was soft and less frizzy. It also smelled great while I was spraying it throughout my hair. It doesn't leave a residue and it didnt weigh my hair down. I use this when my hair needs a break from moisturizing products or after prolonged exposure to sun or wind. I really feel like my hair is stronger whenever I use this. If you are sensitive to protein based products, I wouldn't recommend this.

on 6/6/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

If like me, you have fine, fried, dyed hair, then these treatments are a GODSEND! I spray this through shampooed, towel-dried hair, then spray a leave-in conditioner through and my hair feels more like a human's and less like a very well-played-with Barbie dolls' tangled mess!