April 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Fragrances - Kat Von D - Sinner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I can see how this scent may not be for everyone, but it's right up my alley. The scent is a bit strong at first, but quickly tones down. At first, it is a bit musky, with a strong cinnamon/jasmine/orange notes . On me, it fades down to a warm, caramel/slight cinnamon scent, that I find very sultry and sexy. As other reviewers have mentioned, the scent does fade after a few hours. If you like spicy or oriental fragrances, you will love this one. My husband always comments on how nice I smell when I wear this fragrance.

I did notice that Sephora (at least the locations near me) no longer sells this fragrance in the store, and the website now only offers the 1 oz size. I'm hoping that it is not being discontinued, as it seems whenever I find a great fragrance, it's discontinued.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first "expensive" fragrances I bought a while ago, and it's still one of my favorites. I bought the rollerball and I still have a lot of product left even though I use it a lot. It is a dark, somewhat musky scent, but there's also a lot of spiciness, which I didn't realize until I compared it with some of my other perfumes. I can best describe it as something that you would expect to find at a Renaissance Fair - that woody smell of spices and exotic oils, which is mostly why I purchased it.

The staying power of this fragrance is decent from what I can tell. Initially, it smells very strong, so it takes a few minutes to dissipate before it really starts to smell nice. Unfortunately the fragrance does not seem to last the entire day, and is very faint by the evening, so I would recommend taking the rollerball with you if you want to have the scent with you throughout the day. But based on how little I have used up so far, I think this is a good scent for the price (specifically referring to the rollerball).

You will probably not like this perfume if you do not like darker or slightly masculine scents. I only dinged it for packaging because using the rollerball sticks makes me afraid I'll accidentally crack or shatter the glass.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smelled lovely on me but faded away in a couple of hrs :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by NotABumbleBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Addicting, yes! This has some moderate staying power. The scent is spicy, sweet, musky, and slightly floral. This reminds me of Pacifica's "Mexican Cocoa" but more intense, with a red musk undertone. The packaging is very cute, too. I definitely prefer this one over Saint, and I recommend trying it out, though it may not be for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by thislividity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sexy, Mysterious, Addictive..you get the point. Smells amazing and lasts on for a really long time. Very impressed considering I usually hate celebrity perfumes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by SalRose1990

I just ran out of this perfume a couple/few days ago and I plan on repurchasing it as soon as I hit Sephora if that tells you how much I love this. I am very bad at describing scents, as a lot of other people are, but this, too me, is more of a warm, spicy scent. I don't remember what the fragrance notes are, but I do know that most of the notes in there are very prominent, at least to my nose, anyway. This isn't a type of scent I normally go for, by the way. I am more of a berry type of person, but this just smells amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Basing my review off a deluxe sample, I really like this dark, heavier scent. It has good staying power (although it doesn't last all day, but makes it through several hours). I may purchase the rollerball size of this when my sample runs out. For me, it's not an every day kind of scent, so I don't think I would need a full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Amoridei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Uh-oh, looks like I just found a cheaper substitute for Juliette Has A Gun's Lady Vengeance... Way cheaper lol. According to sephora, the notes for Sinner's opening aren't that similar to JHAG's LV. But other similarities, like with the darker floral opening and then with the patchouli and vanilla, are undeniable. The first sniff I took, I kept trying to think where I had sniffed something so similar before, and then I remembered LV. Of course, the Bulgarian rose note in jhag LV is a little stronger than the florals in the opening of Sinner, but both smell amazing in their own right. I highly recommend, especially if you've been saving your nickels for a FB of Lady Vengeance. This may just tide you over until the holidays lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sinner is a dark and VERY sensual scent. I can't exactly figure out what the notes of it are (thanks girls, you've helped!), but this is a very lingering and powerful scent (in a good way). You can't help but feel seductive and sultry when you put this on.. I definitely want some more...

Like has been said, it's gourmand, it lasts, my husband LOVES it, The scent has a mysteriously rebellious sexy vibe. It's not a light scent, nor is it a day-time scent. It's wickedly rich and sinfully edgy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by peachblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this scent. I'm very, very picky when it comes to perfumes. I hate anything too fresh or too clean cut. I like sweet vanilla scents However, my boyfriend hates me smelling like a cupcake or anything too foody. So im trying to get into sexier scents. was walking in sephora and saw this... I love kat Von d so this just caught my eye. I can't detect vanilla but I can definitely smell cinnamon... Something I never thought to try. It smells spicy and sexy... And despite it being cinnamon, it doesn't smell that foody. Plus my boyfriend loooooves it. Which by the way, he will hate a perfume I wear or he'll like a perfume I totally despise. Try this. Smells very... Alluring.