Kat Von D Saint

3.9

This definitely is reminiscent of D&G The One Desire, a sweet vanilla, caramel light floral. I have to be honest....I like Desire better. I think it lasts longer and is richer than KvD Saint. BUT!! I think that's my chemistry, mostly--as this scent smells DIVINE on my best friend (It's really more her signature, so I do feel kinda awkward even wearing it when it is really SO her).

The first spritz is rich vanilla and caramel, and the drydown is mostly musk and vanilla. 4 sprays only lasts about 2 hours on me before it fades into just a soft skin scent. That could be me, my skin eats scents like crazy. This is where it just doesn't really stack up to the D&G...the D&G is stronger, creamier, and lasts longer---plus the tuberose and caramel combo of that one just blows this one out of the water. So if the D&G is TOO much for you, this scent is the one you've been looking for :)

(crosspost)

on 3/4/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite perfume. I wear it alone or layered with Sinner from Kat Von D as well. I'm so sad that these were discontinued :(

on 12/23/2013 10:33:00 PM

Smells nice but generic like a lot of other celebrity fragrances. Disappointed over all, also didn't last long.

on 9/17/2013 2:41:00 PM

I've been wearing this for quite a while now. As far as scent goes, its a vanilla gourmande, a tad more grown up than your average Fantasy or Viva La juicy ( which I LOVE).
Think a light florally vanilla, with almost a slight hint of sugared lemon.
The only downside is that its weak weak weak. I'm happy with low silliage, I don't care for people to smell my trail, but its so weak I can't even smell it on myself after an hour. Maybe just the slightest hint is left in my hair.
I bought the 30 ml and even though its light, I'd still put the money on the bigger bottle.

on 4/17/2013 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE this scent. I purchased it on sale at Sephora for 20.00 in the bottle shaped like a big lighter (which is super awesome, by the way). The other bottle style is gorgeous as well! I tend to like scents that are more 'dark' and less girly/sweet, ect. As for staying power...so far, so good! I've had it on for almost 5 hours and can still smell it on myself. The only reason im giving a 4 for packaging is because sometimes its a bit difficult to get it to spray...but otherwise, no complaints. I will def. repurchase this when I run out!

on 2/14/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been waiting for this to be sold in Canadian Sephora stores for YEARS. It's finally available and I didn't hesitate to purchase. I even bought the biggest bottle -$75. It's my favourite favourite scent, extremely unique. It's flirty, seductive, sexy... subtle and sweet, professional, and wearable during the day. It's just all of that together!! I love it and I wear it whenever I could. The box it was packaged in is pretty cool too. LOVE!

on 8/21/2012 10:50:00 PM

I couldn't decide whether to give this a 4 or a 5, but I decided to go with a 5 because of how versatile it is. I'm a fan of sweet, strong fragrances (Angel, Twilight Woods, Hypnotic Poison, etc etc etc). This wears the best year-round of any of this type of fragrance I've ever tried. This doesn't become cloying or overwhelming even in Southern CA summer heat. That is saying a lot. I finished my bottle about a month ago and despite the 30 or so fragrances I own I find myself missing it already. This gets a lot of compliments, especially from men - I even let my best friend wear it on a first date and she was complimented on it. This isn't the most long-lasting scent, and unfortunately there are no body products for layering, but there is a rollerball for touch-ups.
I've tried more than my fair share of celebrity perfumes, and even the ones that are nice I don't usually think, "I can see why this has her name on it, it fits her personality really well." With this perfume that's exactly what I think. Lastly, the bottle is to-die-for. She is so consistently amazing with her product packaging!

on 7/7/2012 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This perfume is sweet in a subtle way!!!! Love it!!! It literally smells like caramel...it smells like candy but not too sickenly sweet like its for kids....just wished the scent lasted longer :( I have it in the rollerball and i loveeee the frosted filigree, gothic but yet feminine design on the bottle :)

I have this in a rollerball and i adore it sooo much (: iakways recieve compliments on it, "what is that perfume your wearing called?" "Omg something smells so good!" " you smell like a doughnut!" Yes the last one I really did hear, lol! As long as this perfume is around i will keep purchasing it, never gets old <3

on 12/29/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolute favorite perfume for the past 1.5 years. It has a wonderful sweet florally scent, but not cloyingly so. I did not find I enjoyed Sinner nearly as much, though the newer one (Adora?) I have found pleasant in sample form.

Popular Fragrances