E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color in Hazy Hazel

2.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/27/2010 4:00:00 PM

These are semi matte shades, and they work for me during the day time. I am not a fan of wearing frost, sparkles or glimmer during the day. I used the lightest shade (yellow) as an all over color wash, added the purple on my lid, the lightest brown in my crease, and the darkest brown as an eyeliner. I tight lined my upper eye lids with purple cream liner, so it pulled the look together.

Since these are so matte, I may try a sparkle base as an all over color wash to give this palette a little "oomph". I paid 50 cents for this, so I don't consider it a total loss. But, I won't buy this again...

on 9/9/2009 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: Ugh. The 2-lippie rating is for the purple shade, which is acceptable. I was hoping this lovely quad would be shimmery, but although one of the colors (the medium khaki) looked shimmery in the pan, they all showed up matte on me. Here are the colors: slightly "shimmery" pale yellow, medium "shimmery" khaki, matte medium to deep chocolate brown, and matte medium true purple.
Applied dry over UDPP: The yellow was lightly pigmented but was OK as a highlighter. The khaki looked like mud and was barely pigmented. The brown looked like a deeper shade of mud and also was not pigmented. The purple was extremely pigmented (go figure!), but I already have a handful of similar shades. In addition, all of the colors were extremely powdery (talc is the first ingredient listed). If the shades were more "full-bodied," and the shimmers actually shimmery, this could have been an extremely beautiful color combination.
Applied wet over UDPP: UDPP did not help at all in terms of making the pigment adhere. However, the muddy colors and the purple shade stayed all day.
Where did I buy this: E.L.F. Web site.
Price: A mere $.25 during the recent E.L.F. sale. Regular retail is $1.00.
Packaging: Standard (tiny) plastic case with snap-close lid.
Would I buy again: Absolutely not, and I'll probably not try any of the other "brightening" quads based on this disappointing experience.