July 22, 2014 | 2489 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Imperial Body Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by alisonb77

Quite possibly the worst body moisturiser I've ever used. It takes forever to sink in and it's bright yellow colouring stains any clothes / sheets / towels it comes into contact with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Discontinued :(
I loved this stuff!
Overpriced yes.. But it was great. Weird fact Rosa Arctica has a VERY similar ingredient list.. which makes me wonder if Imperial could have been used on the face as well?

Bring this back!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the richest, most luxurious, moisturising body butter I have ever used in my entire life. It contains carotenoids, shea, cocoa, honey, sea buckthorn berry oil and a light dusting of glycolic acid to aid exfoliation. It comes in a tub and is a VERY thick, rich, pale yellow cream. It smells absolutely divine- a honeyed, slightly spicy concoction and the moisture is unprecedented. My skin feels as smooth as silk and plump with moisture after applying this and the moisture lasts, like nothing Ive ever tried before. Admittedly, it is ridiculously expensive for what is essentially, a body lotion, but good grief, its like a tiny piece of heaven in a tub. If your body is prone to breaking out then this will undoubtably be way too heavy for you but if your skin is dry, prickly and tight in winter (like mine is) then you will adore this. You can easily dupe this product by using plain, unrefined, raw shea butter but if you dont mind splashing out on occasion then this is one product that is definitely worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I must stop finding products like this - so fabulous you have to buy them in spite of the wallet gouging price tag. First the NARS blush brush, and now this. Sigh. Ok, so to break it down - this comes in a black tub and is a thiiick sunny yellow. It smells like cocoa butter, shea butter, and honey, and if you're familiar with seabuckthorn's earthy spicy smell - a bit of that also. Now, as a rule, I cannot stand the smell of cocoa butter, because it smells like that really gaggy stuff you get slathered in at cheap nail salons. I also don't favor very sweet smells in my moisturizers. The Imperial Body Balm, though - I don't know if it's because of the slightly spicy element to the smell, or if they use better ingredients, or what, but this is really lovely. The lotion takes a little longer than most to absorb in, but just by a tiny bit, probably because it's so thick. It moisturizes beautifully, beating out pretty much every lotion I've ever used, including the MUA favorite, coconut oil. The only thing I've found to rival it is Yes to Carrot's body butter, which I would offer up as a significantly better priced alternative. However, nothing I've ever used has felt as luxurious as this, and I find myself surreptitiously sniffing my forearms during the day in an attempt to get another whiff of the smell. I like it enough to have bought a backup tub - does that say enough? I've heard a vicious rumor that this is being discontinued. Say it ain't so, Kielhs!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

I really enjoy using Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm. If it wasn't so expensive, I would buy this moisturizer all the time. Not only does the body balm keep your skin moisturized throughout the day, but it also smells amazing! The scent is sweet with a hint of honey - it lingers, but it isn't overpowering. The balm's consistency is rich, so a little goes a long way. I love using it on my legs, arms, and chest. The ingredients in this product are impressive - they include cocoa butter, shea butter, and sea buckthorn oil. Try it and you'll probably love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by chob92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

just tried a sample of this and i was completely blown over on what to expect. Love the smell, its like a spicy honey flavour. Reminds me of oriental tea, love it!! also it goes on superbly no mess and spreads easily no oily residue just sinks in. Wish i had more! BUT it is a good price for quality. Definitely buy it when my sample runs out!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent and the way it completely absorbs into my skin and leaves it felling soft, moisture and smooth :D It does what it says. Moisturize dry skin and makes ur skin felling very nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite Kiehl's body moisturizer hands down.

Pros:
- moisture lasts all day
- doesn't leave my skin greasy at all
- I love the fragrance, it's a rich honey scent that lingers on the skin.

Cons:
- it can be a little hard to rub into the skin when the weather is cold
- it is expensive for a body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent product, althought the price is quite high. It smells so good and expensive and it the formula is very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this body balm! I love how rich and moisturising it is but non greasy. It's got a wonderful silky emollient texture and it spreads easily on my skin leaving it really soft and hydrated. I also love the rich saffron yellow colour and buttery vanilla fragrance. The fragrance is very subtle which I like as it doesn't interfere with other fragrances I may want to wear. It's pretty pricy at 43 but I'll only ever buy it from the US from now on and it's a big tub anyway so will last a long time. It contains AHA and is supposed to smooth and refine the surface of the skin leaving it looking flawless and super smooth. I've only been using this balm for a week so only time will tell how effective it is in that regard. However as a dry skin body cream, it's A+. Took a lippie off because as much as I like it, I still prefer Kiehl's creme de corps lotion. Will repurchase!