July 23, 2014 | 2017 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very skeptical about this product because it's a gel rather than a thick cream, which is what I would normally use for my extremely dry skin. I ran out of my Boots Sensitive Hydrating Cream, and I couldn't get to a Target to buy more, so I just ran into Wal-Mart quickly to find something. I decided to try this because it was really inexpensive, and I thought I was just grabbing a quick-fix. It turns out that this moisturizes my skin amazingly well without feeling heavy (which my other moisturizer sometimes did), and it smells good. It absorbs into my skin quickly because of the texture, but I have found that because my skin is so dry and tight I need to apply this to my entire face twice. Two "coats" if you will works the best for my face, and while I have purchased this product twice, I have found a new moisturizer that works better with my skin, but in a pinch, I would absolutely repurchase this. I am not so fond of the packaging for this product because of the texture: if you drop the jar, the gel-cream will go everywhere, meaning you'll have to replace it after one accident. I'm a pretty clumsy person, so I don't need something like that in my life. That's not necessarily the company's fault, just something to note.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KadyDee509

A little background on my skin

I am not acne prone, have the odd hormonal breakout maybe a couple, few spots at the most, I don't have sensitive skin what so ever.

I purchased it and went home did my usual face routine, wash, tone, serum and then went to put this on, and excuse my language but holy c***p...My skin stung so badly, it felt like a harsh chemical peel, I washed it off immediately and my skin is now red and inflamed. I'm not sure what it is in this specific cream because I use the Garnier Gel-Cream formulation and it works quite well. I would err on the side of caution even if you don't have sensitive skin, I've used tons and tons of products on all ranges of the price spectrum and this is the only one I've had an adverse reaction to. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by LoveToxic

Brought this at Shoppers when on sale and omg I love it so much! It's not as heavy as my Vichy cream and I love the smell, a splash of fresh citrus. Very refreshing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I could not find my usual Biores Hard Days Night cream, so I picked this up instead because I am a big fan of Garnier products. I have dry skin and was looking for something to really moisturize my skin without being heavy. When I first applied it, it wasnt thick and was really easy to apply, and soaked into my skin really nicely. It left my skin feeling moisturized and clean, not heavy or thick. And when I woke up the next morning my skin didn't feel heavy or dirty as I have had with some products that were just too thick. My skin was soft and smooth and I am very impressed with this product so far and will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

****5/22/11 -- Just want everyone to know that my review and all the others until recently were for a different formula. They've changed the formula. Why do they always do that with good products? So frustrating. I haven't tried the new product. It has caffeine in it. I don't think I like the idea of caffeine on my skin. I don't care what the purported 'benefits' are....Just thought people should know that most reviews are for the old formula may not apply. The NEW formula has a PINK strip instead of white on the bottle. *****

This is probably the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I've tried all: cerave, LaRoche Posay, cetaphil, natural oils, and many many more that I can't keep track of and is now laying unused in a drawer somewhere. Basically, if it got a good review on here and didn't seem comedogenic, I bought it, tried it, and managed to subsequently breakout from it. Very frustrating since my skin is dry.

This is actually a matte finish. I don't know if it says that, but it is. It works spectacularly under makeup as a primer. It has a lot of the same ingredients as a primer but it also has vitamin C and some other antioxidants.

One caveat: It is not that moisturizing. While it's on it makes skin look moisturized and gets rid of flakes, but it doesn't seem to actually add any lasting moisture to my skin. I've never used it overnight, maybe it would moisturize if I did. I will try that next.

I've been using this product for a few months now with no adverse effects, which says A LOT because I can't usually use any moisturizer longer than a few days before I breakout in small bumps.

Price is good. I got a BOGO at CVS.

LOVE that it does NOT contain SPF!!! SPF is in everything these days. If I want a SPF, I will wear one separately.

EDIT: I started using it at night too and it is much more hydrating that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by msdena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin was getting dry and I needed something at a good price. This was it. My dryness went away and it's not oily, which is good for acne prone and oily skin, like mine. It also gave my skin a healthy glow, I will be using this. Particularly at night, has no spf!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

I'm really suprised by the good reviews. This product ruined my skin. I bought it because it is a cream and I have dry skin. I need a nice cream.

I wasn't impressed for the first week. By the second week I noticed my skin getting dryer and tighter. Being on a super tight budget at the moment I couldn't afford to replace it, so I figured continuing to use it would be better than nothing...WRONG...By the end of the second week my skin was dry, wrinkled, crepe around the eyes, flakey and it looked super blotchey. I literally looked 20 years older.

I went through my drawers and found a moisurizer I picked up at the dollar store months earlier (I don't even remember why I bought it, I usually use Olay with great results). After one night of switching to the cheap product my skin looked better than it did. I finally splurged and went back to Olay, but after a few weeks or so my skin is still on the mend...I hope these wrinkles go away!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by iryna26

This cream exceeded my expectations. My combination skin felt very smooth and regenerated after it. I used it as a day cream mostly because after frequent day and night use during the first few days I felt that I needed more moisture. So balancing it with a richer night cream worked perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

I have not been that impressed with this product. It is a nice consistency, i do not like the smell at all (which i am not even fragrant sensitive or picky), It very slightly stings my face for a few seconds (i do not have sensitive skin), it does absorb quickly which is fine for me but for those with dry skin im not sure it would satisfy. Overall it is an ok product IMO, i will use it up but will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by diamondheiress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for a week and I really like it, it is the best moisturizer that I have ever used, not to mention the cheapest.

This moisturizer soaks right in and like others have said leaves a nice silky base to put your make up on. I also use it for night time. My skin has been looking more even, and my make up has stayed on longer.

In the past I have gone without moisturizer because I couldn't find one that was not greasy or couldn't seen the benefit of wearing one. I've tried Philosophy, Rx for Brown Skin, Korres, Aveeno, clinique's moisture surge, to name a few. I LOVE this moisturizer!! My skin feels so supple! Oh and they are having tons of promotions for this item, I got a $6 coupon for mine, some come with mini travel tubs.